PDA

View Full Version : SALTBURN, Cleveland TS12

phunkinutz
25-01-2010, 16:26
Saltburn Postcode TS12.

At the bottom of the bank next to the sea is two car parks, i would recommend the larger as you will find by morning the smaller is full of surfers and i will be a bit tight to get out in the morning. Toilets are basic and locked up during the night. There are no signs to say you cant sleep over but the street wardens who give out tickets even for parking on a line! will take no prisoners. So get a ticket Before 8am (2.60) for the day and free from September to end of Feb. Otherwise you can park on Marine parade which is at the top of the bank and curves round the cliff facing the sea. Park at the top if you want to go to the pubs and restaurants. Among the 7-8 pubs there are The back alex is the best of a quites pint and a open fire. Winsors for the younger crowd.

vera
25-01-2010, 19:14
Just been reading your posts on our area, we used to live in Runswick bay, but now reside in Guisborough.
Have you tried the road from Redcar to Marske ?
There are 2 or 3 car parks there and public toilets, very popular with motorhomes for an overnight stay.- Sue

maingate
25-01-2010, 20:16
Hi Vera,

I have stayed in the bigger one (now tarmac). There was a bit of activity until midnight. Not boy racers, mainly couples. The smaller one nearer Marske may be the better of the two.

Well worth a stopover but the big one might attract boy racers in Summer. They are both right on the beach.

urbtaf
25-01-2010, 21:44
We used to surf at Saltburn a lot, used to park the van on the Marine road and never got any trouble. Was there when one of the night fishermen caught a 3 eyed fish, sort of put us off going the sea there for a while

Tigatigatiger
26-01-2010, 08:04
Saltburn Postcode TS12.

At the bottom of the bank next to the sea is two car parks, i would recommend the larger as you will find by morning the smaller is full of surfers and i will be a bit tight to get out in the morning. Toilets are basic and locked up during the night. There are no signs to say you cant sleep over but the street wardens who give out tickets even for parking on a line! will take no prisoners. So get a ticket Before 8am (2.60) for the day and free from September to end of Feb. Otherwise you can park on Marine parade which is at the top of the bank and curves round the cliff facing the sea. Park at the top if you want to go to the pubs and restaurants. Among the 7-8 pubs there are The back alex is the best of a quites pint and a open fire. Winsors for the younger crowd.

Always park on the back (larger) carpark if you are going to sleep or leaving your van for along time.
If the sea is a little rough especially spring tides it breaks over the front carpark, along with a good assortment of rocks! As a local we would sit and watch the townies pull up in their cars to watch the sea then giggle as they would try to move their cars when the sea came over.
Did they ever wonder why the carpark was covered in rocks??

Going home this weekend to Marske, to scatter my fathers ashes-bless him and my mother, they've paid for two motorhomes and a porsche. I'll sure he would approve especially the porsche. Going by train....

Paula

kenjones
27-01-2010, 14:23
Just been reading your posts on our area, we used to live in Runswick bay, but now reside in Guisborough.
Have you tried the road from Redcar to Marske ?
There are 2 or 3 car parks there and public toilets, very popular with motorhomes for an overnight stay.- Sue

We also regularly use these areas over night and agree with your recomendation. Prefer the one nearest to Marske.
Always have a good quiet night.
Toilets locked overnight.

tholt-y-will
27-01-2010, 18:40
Hi All,

Toilets locked at this car park today. Lovely little Italian coffee shop adjacent.

Had a look at the two Marske gravel car parks on the front - Both sets of toilets locked during the day also.

Went on to look at South Gare, Redcar. Brand new Corus signs up near the roundabout - "Trespassers are being monitored on CCTV and will be prosecuted.

No luck all round!

Tigatigatiger
28-01-2010, 07:31
Hi All,

Toilets locked at this car park today. Lovely little Italian coffee shop adjacent.

Had a look at the two Marske gravel car parks on the front - Both sets of toilets locked during the day also.

Went on to look at South Gare, Redcar. Brand new Corus signs up near the roundabout - "Trespassers are being monitored on CCTV and will be prosecuted.

No luck all round!

Typical! can't keep the steel works open but will spend money on CCTV!

I do believe it is a public road? or at least a right of way?

May go up there on saturday to take the dogs for run.

maingate
28-01-2010, 12:27
I believe that the toilets will be locked up over the Winter as it is common practice at various beaches in the North East.

It will possibly be from October 1st to February 28th or March 31st. These dates also coincide with the dates that dogs are allowed on parts of the beach which are off limits in the Spring and Summer.

BTW Dogs are allowed on the Redcar/Marske section all year round.

johnnerontheroad
28-01-2010, 14:21
These dates also coincide with the dates that dogs are allowed on parts of the beach which are off limits in the Spring and Summer.

BTW Dogs are allowed on the Redcar/Marske section all year round.

Yes it is just one giant dog's toilet so look where you are walking.

Old_Arthur
28-01-2010, 14:41
Yes it is just one giant dog's toilet so look where you are walking.
:eek: i find that very hard to believe all dog owner's clean up after them i have yet to speak to one who does'nt :rolleyes:

maingate
28-01-2010, 15:15
The tide comes in, goes out again, the poo disappears.;)

The sea currents are southerly, so it all ends up on Yorkshire beaches.

Now that`s what I call poetic justice. :p

Sorry Arthur, could`nt resist it.

BTW we always pick up. With our gang, the pile would be 3 feet high if we did not.

Tigatigatiger
29-01-2010, 08:18
The tide comes in, goes out again, the poo disappears.;)

The sea currents are southerly, so it all ends up on Yorkshire beaches.

Now that`s what I call poetic justice. :p

Sorry Arthur, could`nt resist it.

BTW we always pick up. With our gang, the pile would be 3 feet high if we did not.

Redcar, marske and saltburn were all once in Yorkshire-in fact my brother who lives in Saltburn puts North Yorkshire on his address to this day.

Paula

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS