PDA

View Full Version : skiing in scotland

terry c
30-01-2010, 19:36
HI ALL
very new to this site aim planing on going skiing next weekend to glencoe or nevis staying in the car park is any one on here also going up as well or any one thinking off doing it over the next 2 or 3 months :cool:
many thanks Terry

glennjaci
01-02-2010, 08:47
Hi terry
cant help on that one but would be interested in any ideas, hoping to do that next year, only thing i can see a prob with is use of a drying room for ya stuff.
went to france lst year and needed drying room each nite for the next day to dry gear out.

terry c
01-02-2010, 19:12
Hi terry
cant help on that one but would be interested in any ideas, hoping to do that next year, only thing i can see a prob with is use of a drying room for ya stuff.
went to france lst year and needed drying room each nite for the next day to dry gear out.

HI
Iam ok with the drying of ski wear we have a large garage under the end bed room and the Carver heater has an inlet into it so i hope it will be ok :)

Coach
01-02-2010, 19:46
Hi, me my wife, go of skiing every year to France, & we find drying clothes not a problem, in the warddrobe we av blowers, but then in glenco the snow is very wet, but if you ever want to go skiing in france, to some long runs give us a shout.
Regards Coach.

terry c
01-02-2010, 20:09
Hi, me my wife, go of skiing every year to France, & we find drying clothes not a problem, in the warddrobe we av blowers, but then in glenco the snow is very wet, but if you ever want to go skiing in france, to some long runs give us a shout.
Regards Coach.

HI never been to france in my motorhome was going to feb half term but my wife can not the days off .we allways go to morzine ad le gets area been about 8 times :)

Croftland1
01-02-2010, 20:44
Hi Terry,
We use our van for Scottish ski trips.
My tips would be:
Take a shovel (and snow chains if you have them)
Don't attempt to use the water system - fresh or waste. Take a water container in the van and chuck out the washing up water.
Leave the cupboards slightly open to let the warmth in to them.
Be prepared to come down from the ski area for the night if it's windy
Don't park at the edge of the ski area car parks overnight as the ploughs may need to clear the snow to the edges in the morning.
Only buy your ski pass on the day as the weather can scupper things very often.
That's good for starters anyway :)
Cheers,
Jim

terry c
08-02-2010, 14:20
HI ALL
Had 2 days off skiing .We set off on friday at 1 in the afternoon and got to nevis at about 8 we found a pub at fortwillam and had tea then spent the night in nevis car park and we were skiing for 9.30 on saturday skied all day came down at 4 and had a b b q in car park great fun .
Then drove back to glencoe and spent the night in there car park skiing by about 9.30 as well. snow was very good at glencoe but poor vis nevis was poor vis as well we set off back home at 4 and got home for 9.45 600 mile round trip all in a good weekend legs not hurting to bad .:)

bigboack
08-02-2010, 14:37
HI ALL
Had 2 days off skiing .We set off on friday at 1 in the afternoon and got to nevis at about 8 we found a pub at fortwillam and had tea then spent the night in nevis car park and we were skiing for 9.30 on saturday skied all day came down at 4 and had a b b q in car park great fun .
Then drove back to glencoe and spent the night in there car park skiing by about 9.30 as well. snow was very good at glencoe but poor vis nevis was poor vis as well we set off back home at 4 and got home for 9.45 600 mile round trip all in a good weekend legs not hurting to bad .:)

Glad you had fun did you manage any pics of snow and all that.?:)

terry c
08-02-2010, 14:54
HI bigboack
Yes did take some pics but i can not post them on here there to big and can not resize them

terry c
08-02-2010, 15:29
HI
just put some pics on from skiing

bigboack
08-02-2010, 15:35
HI bigboack
Yes did take some pics but i can not post them on here there to big and can not resize them

Its easy get a photbucket account then copy and paste on here it works. watch this: Cant get much bigger than this::D:D:D

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss178/bigboack/image001111.jpg

dunk
08-02-2010, 16:01
good to hear you had a good weekend skiing we hope to get up next weekend
looking forward to seeing the pics;)

dunk

terry c
08-02-2010, 16:08
HI Dunk
were are you planning on going i see from one web site it was a night mare at CairnGorm Mountain area over the weekend it was packed it was up to an hour wait for lifts

dunk
08-02-2010, 18:50
hi terry,
i saw that it will be the lecht we takke them i think as its there fist time and my first time since my back op about 10 years ago:(:(

dunk

Coach
08-02-2010, 21:48
Hi Terry,
We are of on Thursday, to les Gets for 10 days. If you go in your MH, as you aproch the town, theres a car park on your right holds around 80 MH, with a ski lift, if thats full then theres aways Avoraz whitch again holds around 80 MH.

terry c
09-02-2010, 18:03
HI Coach
Yes i no the area very well skied the area must be 9 times but never taken the motorhome was planning going feb half term with the motorhome as well but my wife can only get off from the 15 feb and my boys go back to school 22 and you need to for 10 days or more feb so might do it next year with them .have fun and i hope you do the swiss wall lol:)and yes you are just under the 6 man chair :)

terry c
17-02-2010, 19:27
HI ALL
This weekend agian i think try something new i think Lecht and Glenshee
poss ski friday and saturday if i can get up in time or it might be saturday and sunday .:)

terry c
21-02-2010, 18:00
HI ALL :)
Just got back from 4 days in scotland we went to Glenshee our first time there just me and my wife no kids .We spent 3 nights in the car park which was ok very cold at night but very warm in the van .Got there thursday night at 8 and parked up and forgot everthing about camping at night at -6 or 8 I have 2 waste tanks on my van. 2 outlets on waste tanks were frozen , I found i had pipe going to the waste tank out side the van on the under side i did not park level cos off snow so waste water in the pipe froze will have to sort that.But apart from that the van worked well .
Now for the skiing it was great 2nd day was best (saturday) blue sky all day and all runs open skied ever run i think staff were very good on the lifts looked after us very well .There were about 6 or 7 motorhomes in the car park sorry we did take our dog with us we have a 2 year german shepard he had a great time in the snow and allways feel safer with him in the van at night time will put some pics on larter .Thanks for you pm dunk

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS