PDA

View Full Version : Northern France Meet

zeezee16
07-02-2010, 14:41
Anyone interested in a get together/wildcamp in Northern France.
We dont have to go far, anywhere between Calais & Cherbourg. We could even have our International member show us around, (couldnt we Leo).
I would hope to go for about 10 to 15 days, anyone else interested.
Cheers, Pete

coolasluck
07-02-2010, 14:43
Well its alright for the suit yourself pensioners,some of us have to work:(:(

channa
07-02-2010, 14:51
We dont have to go far, anywhere between Calais & Cherbourg. We could even have our International member show us around, (couldnt we Leo).
Cheers, Pete

Excellent idea Pete.

I reckon with the cheap seafrance deals, and then the fact of how the french are set up with aires....be cost effective too.

On my part, I wont be interested, Hopefully next couple of days tieing a couple of deals up. one of which may help those visiting the Ardeche;)

Channa

zeezee16
07-02-2010, 15:52
Well its alright for the suit yourself pensioners,some of us have to work:(:(
Ive been on 3 days since november, but that wont stop me going out and enjoying myself.(unless AJ comes).
ZZ

Polly
07-02-2010, 16:44
Hia
Good idea
I can only have school holidays
If I can't make it this year I will be able to make it next
See you at leek ali and pete

maingate
07-02-2010, 16:46
For those interested in this meet, or any other trip to the continent, I may have some good news.

With Greece and Portugal nearly bankrupt and Spain not far behind, the Euro is heading speedily down in value.

In a month or two, it will probably have reached parity with the Matabele Glass Bead. :D

The good old (struggling) Pound note should not be affected so badly, (unless Gordon gets in again) :eek:

ajs
07-02-2010, 16:55
Ive been on 3 days since november, but that wont stop me going out and enjoying myself.(unless AJ comes).
ZZ

i aint cummin unless yer bring yer bike :D

....not in to danglin maggots.:rolleyes:... or pukin over the side of small boats :o

regards ;)
aj

zeezee16
07-02-2010, 17:08
i aint cummin unless yer bring yer bike :D

....not in to danglin maggots.:rolleyes:... or pukin over the side of small boats :o

regards ;)
aj
I dont catch things you cant eat, big boats, no sick, fish curry.
You coming now.
ZZ

nigel54
07-02-2010, 18:33
Hi Pete, what month was you thinking of for a meet. Do you think the large aire on the waterfront at Hornfleur would be a good venue? with Netto a 5 min stroll and the town ctr 10 min,a very attractive place.
Regard,s Nig.

dshague
07-02-2010, 18:48
what month was you thinking of for a meet. the aires at Hornfleur cost 7 eu last year with electric .toilts and water in with price .can get full up in summer .

Pioneer
07-02-2010, 18:56
Pete,
French school holidays is from 2nd July to 2nd September in the North/Brittany, and the aires will be absolutely heavin at this time.

Cheers,
Bill.

Polly
07-02-2010, 19:14
Hia
Can I throw a couple of dates in and I will not be offended if you throw them out

school hols

Whit Sat 29 May to Sat 12 June

Summer All August

NOT SCHOOL Hols

Any time Sept

As I have said i will not be offended if you throw them out :D:D:D:D:D

channa
07-02-2010, 19:27
decide your dates at will !!!!:D I am hatching a plan to be in Honfleur and painting lots of piccies with motorhomes in em :D

I got a mixed response in St Tropez 2008 ..something between crap and thats nice :eek: still I got ( or blagged ) my way to one of them posh parties ....canapes and all that oo err ..weirdly enough Holly (my gsd ) was not too impressed and we soon found ourselves walking home..!!

I was annoyed (she thought it was great ******* dogs !!:mad:)

Channa

biggirafe
07-02-2010, 19:30
We would be up for this, Kids holidays is the only time we can make it tho. We would be happy to meet in the north but would head south and towards the heat and sun.

Polly
07-02-2010, 19:40
Hia
just had a thought Rob as booked with I think seafrance for May/june can't remember the thread

rebbyvid
08-02-2010, 05:51
I'm going 19th-27th June everybody welcome to join us
Rob

Belgian
08-02-2010, 08:48
Cheers, Pete
Hi Pete,
SPLENDID IDEA :)
I'm all in for it.
Where ? There is a mighty long strech of coast between Calais and Cherbourg
When ? I should say in spring.
How ? Wilding or aires.
Let's go for it :) I should meet you finnally in the flesh :rolleyes:
Yours,
Leo

Kontiki
08-02-2010, 09:07
Seems to be a lot of interest but what dates :confused::confused: & where :confused::confused: We are off over there next Friday morning (Eurotunnel) if anybody wants to meet up. Then down to Portugal for some sun (hopefully :rolleyes:) & back on the 28th April but can plan our return a bit earlier.

ajs
08-02-2010, 09:46
Hi Pete,
SPLENDID IDEA :)

Let's go for it :) I should meet you finnally in the flesh :rolleyes:
Yours,
Leo

err... best warn you... it aint a pretty sight...:eek:

regards:rolleyes:
aj

bigboack
08-02-2010, 13:06
Excellent idea Pete.

one of which may help those visiting the Ardeche;)

Channa

I kayaked down the Ardeche when I was at school. Loved every single minute of it.:D:D

zeezee16
08-02-2010, 15:06
Great responce. So many questions, dont know any of the answers.
I think not in the french school holidays, too busy. (plus, I like kids, but I couldnt eat a full one, I'm on a diet remember).
I can go any time of year, so I will go with the magority..majority...what everyone else suggests. As for aires or wildcamping, not bothered, how about a bit of both. As for where, never stayed in northern france, (apart from Calais when catching the ferry).
I dont see the point driving hundreds of miles, having a few days there, then back again.
Calais to Brest is 443 miles, Calais to Cherbourg is 287, there must be plenty of nice places on the north coast.
Thanks again for the great responce.
Cheers, Pete

zeezee16
08-02-2010, 15:13
what month was you thinking of for a meet. the aires at Hornfleur cost 7 eu last year with electric .toilts and water in with price .can get full up in summer .
Hi Nig, only said yesterday we havnt heard from you for ages. Will we be seeing you about this year, or will it be just at Croft.
Cheers, Pete

guerdeval
08-02-2010, 15:37
Good idea, hope I've found a van by then. If it does materialise I understand some ferry companies do a decent discount for groups, perhaps go over one way and come back another, there's a member on here who lives over that way who might know a few places.

channa
08-02-2010, 15:57
Perhaps one place for you to consider as a stop. The airport at Le Touquet Plage..( no night flying , Free, loads of room so no one gets left out.

Also there is a big dealer there thats sells all things motorhomes, If you have problems, and not to far from Calais.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/channa_2008/012-9.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/channa_2008/013-10.jpg
Channa

ajs
08-02-2010, 16:03

.you don't want to go far eh.... yer wimp :p

i know the Calais to Berck coast line...
been there several time to play golf and badminton and squash tournaments in my younger days..:eek:

love thrashing the frogs...:D

just north of LeTouquet ( Parisian’s Blackpool) is a place called Hardelot..:cool:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/hardelot.jpg

nicest bit along that coast i found...:rolleyes:

no idea if any Aires or any ware else to park a van... but it's an OK place
relative to the rest of that coast.:confused:

Having said that… not an inspiring stretch of coast line is that.. :o
you do need to go further down towards Brittany to see pretty pretty…
well… I do anyway :o

regards;)
aj

... no idea about fishin boats... probably letouquet or boulogne just up norfff

channa
08-02-2010, 16:19
Has much as I dont want to:rolleyes:I agree with AJ that the coastline in these parts is not particular stunning.

Brittany I cant comment on, If you are prepared to invest 8-10 hours driving having hit Calais you can get to the Dordogne, Chance of good weather ( June onwards) and plenty of places to wild and Aires.

Channa

Belgian
08-02-2010, 18:20
One of the best regions along the Channel in France is the Cherbourg peninsula (Manche, département 50). Never crowded (lies a bit out of the way for the French) but stunning coastline (eg Cap de la Hague, Pointe de Barfleur, dunes de Biville...) and a lot of wilding places (if you find them). A lot of things to see too -from Mt St Michel to Utah beach and between.
Ferry lines from Bournemouth, Portsmouth to Cherbourg; a bit longer trip
Worth trying anyhow, see: http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/france/3204-manche-dept-50-rectification.html

nigel54
08-02-2010, 18:27
Zeezee16, Hope you guys are ok.The french meet is sounding good. Hid & myself are usually down in France june-july time, so I will keep an eye on the build up plan. As for any meets here in UK, feb,mar & april are busy months workwise for me.So really I cant plan anything, but I do intend seeing all of the wildy,s in the summer. Yer all MAD! but great company.
Regards Nig

biggirafe
08-02-2010, 18:40
One of the best regions along the Channel in France is the Cherbourg peninsula (Manche, département 50). Never crowded (lies a bit out of the way for the French) but stunning coastline (eg Cap de la Hague, Pointe de Barfleur, dunes de Biville...) and a lot of wilding places (if you find them). A lot of things to see too -from Mt St Michel to Utah beach and between.
Ferry lines from Bournemouth, Portsmouth to Cherbourg; a bit longer trip
Worth trying anyhow, see: http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/france/3204-manche-dept-50-rectification.html

I would agree with that, having grown up in Poole which is twinned with Cherbourg we always travel to France via Cherbourg. The whole peninsular has some stunning places to see and great places to visit Bayeaux Tapestry being one of our favorite.

Unfortunatley the crossing from Poole to Cherbourg is closing very soon due to lack of use by lorries which kept it going, this only leaves the crossing from Portmouth, its more expensive than from Dover but given the cost of diesel now this crossing can still be cost effective for those coming from the Midlands / West Country, We always use a night crossing as it then gives you a full day to drive which is enough for us to get down as far as Bordeaux in a day.

:)

biggirafe
09-02-2010, 20:20
I would agree with that, having grown up in Poole which is twinned with Cherbourg we always travel to France via Cherbourg. The whole peninsular has some stunning places to see and great places to visit Bayeaux Tapestry being one of our favorite.

Unfortunatley the crossing from Poole to Cherbourg is closing very soon due to lack of use by lorries which kept it going, this only leaves the crossing from Portmouth, its more expensive than from Dover but given the cost of diesel now this crossing can still be cost effective for those coming from the Midlands / West Country, We always use a night crossing as it then gives you a full day to drive which is enough for us to get down as far as Bordeaux in a day.

:)

Don't let this idea die Pete n Ali. Lets have a chat at Leek :) :)

zeezee16
16-02-2010, 17:45
I'm going 19th-27th June everybody welcome to join us
Rob
Hi Rob, are you going to Leek
ZZ

rebbyvid
16-02-2010, 19:18
Sure am
see you there
Rob

zeezee16
21-02-2010, 15:17
Right then, we have a date, myself & Pioneer have booked our ferries, Dover/Calais, 19/6/10 at 8.15am, returning 3/7/10 at 11.20am.
I know Rob is going the same day, not sure which ferry he is going on.
Is anyone else interested in coming, you dont have to stay as long as the 3rd, it would be great if we could get a few vans over there for a week or so.
Hopefully, Leo, our international co-ordinator, will be able to get a couple of friends along too.
Any comments.
Cheers, Pete.
Ps, booked with sea france, £60 return.

defitzi
21-02-2010, 15:54
from defitzi ya ya -if I'm withion reasonable reac h but asume U are thinking of places handy for selected ferries?
I too am happy meet with folks and often in areaof French and Belgian Flanders :sometimes stay in Calais (cousin apt) but Bologne, and Dunkirk are equally just 20mins up or down the road.
pse to th Summer so meets and any help/advice I can give will be there for th asking.
Actually what we need is a methbod whereby us wildies can post our whereabouts on a regular basis I'm very happy to do so but dont know where will be a permanent way to update and update and.....
For starters I plan traverse UK to Dover towards end of March ( this camper has been delayed) not sure of route but most likely Dublin Liverpool as cheapest crossing and my first objective will be Woodb ridge on River Deben in Suffolk to collect a wee boat for Belgium.

Belgian
21-02-2010, 18:44
Right then, we have a date, myself & Pioneer have booked our ferries, Dover/Calais, 19/6/10 at 8.15am, returning 3/7/10 at 11.20am.
Is anyone else interested in coming, you dont have to stay as long as the 3rd, it would be great if we could get a few vans over there for a week or so.
Hopefully, Leo, our international co-ordinator, will be able to get a couple of friends along too.
Any comments.
Cheers, Pete.
Hi Pete,
This is certainly a long shot you made: june ! :eek:(it is still "putteke van de winter" overhere ;))
But OK, for ourselves, we didn't put dates to our plans yet. In spring we'll' have to be in Brittany (friends of us celebrating 10 years of their camping). In summer we'll be heading north again (Sweden, Norway..). But we'll have to be back in Belgium the end of June for I have to fill in the income taxes (won't miss that for I'm hoping for a refund :rolleyes:).
We still have enough time to put on a place and a date somewhere in Normandy or the north of France (I skip Belgium for I cannot boast about it:()
We certainly hope to meet you all :)
(any one of our Flemish, Dutch or French friends - or mixed-up ones- please: follow this thead up );)
Happy wilding to you all,
Leo

rebbyvid
21-02-2010, 19:25
Any comments.
Cheers, Pete.
I have an 8pm crossing so wil have to catch you up
Rob

ajs
22-02-2010, 18:44
.:p

just wet me pants again thinking of peepee trying to make
himself understood to lefrogs by shouting louder :D:D:D:D:D:D

regards :p
aj

bigboack
22-02-2010, 18:47
.:p

just wet me pants again thinking of peepee trying to make
himself understood to lefrogs by shouting louder :D:D:D:D:D:D

regards :p
aj

Wait till he shows them the haggis and rice balls.:D He'll get kicked back to Blighty. Although they were very nice Pete.

zeezee16
23-02-2010, 10:30
Wait till he shows them the haggis and rice balls.:D He'll get kicked back to Blighty. Although they were very nice Pete.
I think they were a bit on the damp side, next time, I will mix them with some Vindaloo powder, that should do the trick.
ZZ

Pioneer
23-02-2010, 14:28
I think they were a bit on the damp side, next time, I will mix them with some Vindaloo powder, that should do the trick.
ZZ

Ay and chuck a bit of Ajs Malt in them as well:D you know Pete, out of those little bottles that we found hanging around:cool:

defitzi
23-02-2010, 17:06
:eek: Reckon Leo will know this one: I just checked Norfolk line for week Apl, ditto May like Wed/thur out Dunkerk (x Dover) and back Tue, Wed or Thur following week. Driver 1 m'home under 2.4 m high varies between £11.50 (lowest) and say £20-£25 offpeak -u choose which sailing u want at what price...
Gravelines is near the Ferry- superb place = huge Vauban fort and tow smaller at rivermouth, super town- well there are three- two villagy bits ON EITHER SIDE THE RIVER LIE (no fields of barley nor of rye). The main town is INSIDE the fortress-yess it IS that big. It has moats and fortress walls all round. Very friendly natives-really! Very nice pubs, good but not expensive restaurants -circa 16 euro per head 2/3 course meals, and a couple of really good say $25 a skull spoecial fresh caught fish places. Good takeaways, fairly big Sunday market. Decent big supermarket, lots lovely little bakeries, butchers -sometimes fresh landed fish, beautiful riverside walks -cycling (no hills at all) upstream of Port Vauban, downstream is tidal with road both banmks to villages, 2.8 kn reierwalls out to sea walkable, cyclable and is a many miles wide beach when tode is out. On other side is wildlife reserve oiut among the dunes and marshes.
Oh s**t -I'm running away too enthusiastically again but it IS a super spot usually pretty busy with wild campers- Dutch, Belgian, UK and French too all along a stretch of the riverbank withouit an y aggro ( well sure was all last year). There isa site down by the beach but may not be open until later. nyway, it's a thought given the ferry prices (as of just now) and if a problem has risen since I was there in October, there ARE other alternatives nearby like Calais.
ood cheap shopping 15 miles up road over belgian Border for 'baccy tho' not as good as it one was. Many super and hypermarkets Dunkerk.
Also LILLE big tourist city these days, easy access by rail (less than 1 hr) from up-coast and some super touring country very handy: anyone staying longer should have not rouble wilding wherever in Pas de Calais-Nord or up by belgian Border in April and early May
But if meet down France coast I'll hope to be there but I seem to recall Honfleur ain't the easiest or cheapest ferry access ( LE Havre x Portsmouth, 8 hrsish) and it is a goodly drive from Calais or Bolougne.

tresrikay
23-02-2010, 18:25

Yes I hear Pete has very rice balls.....:rolleyes::D

Belgian
23-02-2010, 18:43
Hi Defitzi,
You certainly know your way around there ;)
Gravelines is a nice north France (but Flemish) town (Grevelingen) alltogether with a 'belfort' and Flemish flags at the town hall...etc. But stolen by Louis XIV and added to France. Not only Gravelines is nice but also the mouth of the Aa-river on either side with MH-parkings: Grand-Fort-Phillipe and Petit-Fort-Philippe. To the left seaside are some nice wilding places near Oye-plage.
Yours,
Leo

zeezee16
27-02-2010, 12:22
Things seem to have gone quite on here.
Is there anyone else that fancys a week or two in northern france.
The dates are 19th June to 3rd July. You dont have to come for the full period, but a few vans for a few days would be nice.
ZZ

bevdrew
27-02-2010, 12:42
We could be very interested, but need to be back for daughter's wedding on 4th July!!

Was thinking of combining with visit to mother in Brittany. We are coming from Scotland, so would probably not be crossing at Dover. Where would the meet be taking place?

bev

zeezee16
27-02-2010, 13:53
We could be very interested, but need to be back for daughter's wedding on 4th July!!

Was thinking of combining with visit to mother in Brittany. We are coming from Scotland, so would probably not be crossing at Dover. Where would the meet be taking place?

bev
Its not a meet as such, we are just pottering around Normandy/Brittany. We are hoping to find some nice quite wilding spots, and a few Aires.
Nothing is planned except the start & finish dates. If you know Brittany, you might be able to suggest a few spots.
Cheers, Pete

Belgian
27-02-2010, 15:48
Its not a meet as such, we are just pottering around Normandy/Brittany. We are hoping to find some nice quite wilding spots, and a few Aires.
Nothing is planned except the start & finish dates. If you know Brittany, you might be able to suggest a few spots.
Cheers, Pete
Hi Pete,
I'll post some wilding spots in Normandy and Brittany soon.
We have still time to pinpoint a date a meeting place.
Look forward to meet you,
Leo

zeezee16
27-02-2010, 15:54
Hi Pete,
I'll post some wilding spots in Normandy and Brittany soon.
We have still time to pinpoint a date a meeting place.
Look forward to meet you,
Leo
Thanks Leo, I can inspect your van, just to make sure your sticker is in the correct place.
I will be somewhere near you on next friday, I will be driving the wagon from Dunkirk to Amsterdam, delivering to Amsterdam RAI.
Cheers, Pete

nigel54
27-02-2010, 21:01
Hia Peter, I will be nudging your back bumper, on Dover quayside.
Hope to see you and Ali soon,
regards Nig

ajs
27-02-2010, 22:29

OI.. peepee.. have you decided when your going yet ?? :confused::confused:

if you posted dates.. i missed them :rolleyes:

stick em in the title... there's a good chap... i won't forgetem then :D

regards :confused:
aj

defitzi
28-02-2010, 00:54
Things seem to have gone quite on here.
Is there anyone else that fancys a week or two in northern france.
The dates are 19th June to 3rd July. You dont have to come for the full period, but a few vans for a few days would be nice.
ZZ
:cool:If it happens I'll surely try being there-am planning Summer in that area mostly but I have a major project to get my boat up from Burgundy
It is on a 4 wheel car trailer but it's a mite too much for my 26 year old hymer "Baby" and surely too much for my Kangoo "Roo". If I have to sail it via the canals it is a major time consuming project tho' most folk would love to be able to do the trip but at 73 yrs it's a lot of strain for me alone so towing (2 days max) is the best hope.(expenses and a bit over wd be paid to towing offer).:)

Pioneer
28-02-2010, 09:10
Any comments.
Cheers, Pete.

For Aj's benefit, the above dates are for the Northen France do, can you not read mon;)
I am on the ferry before Zeezee so will be meeting up at Cockels :D shoppin centre.
If your coming book it mon.

retards,
Bill.

Pioneer
02-04-2010, 17:49
Hi Folks,
It as been decided that we are going to stay our first night in France on the 19 June 10, at:

Ault Onival Aires at N50deg 06.227' E001deg 27.079' this is on the coast west of Abbeyville.

The second night at:
La Suze Sur Sarthe Aires at N47deg 53.333' E000deg 01.850' this is in the Pays De Loire region, south of Le Mans.

From here we plan to go and explore Brittany, coming back through Normandy and Northern France to Calais.
Anyone wishing to join us is extremely welcome.

No further plans have made as we may find nice places to stay on our travels.

Happy Camping:)

Belgian
02-04-2010, 18:15
Hi,
I'll try to be at Ault on the 19th. But I cannot promise anything. Around that time we'll be back from Brittany; maybe we should meet overthere ?
La Suze seems to be a little towards the south for going to Brittany :( (or maybe a lust for Loire-wines ? :confused:)
Anyway we still have 3 months to decide to meet
Yours,
Leo

kangooroo
02-04-2010, 20:45
:cool:If it happens I'll surely try being there-am planning Summer in that area mostly but I have a major project to get my boat up from Burgundy. It is on a 4 wheel car trailer but it's a mite too much for my 26 year old hymer "Baby" and surely too much for my Kangoo "Roo".

Another Kangoo Roo?! I thought I was the only one here!

What size is your boat? We've towed a small boat with a 1149cc Kangoo - but don't have a towing bracket on the Roo (yet).

Back to the original proposition - I could be up for a Northern France meet in September this year or spring/early summer next year so will be watching this thread (which, somehow, I've only just spotted).

I have 2 provisos: I don't do boats (yes, I know we have 4 between us....!) or sun so I'd have to travel via Eurotunnel not a ferry and definitely nowhere hot! :eek:

Nolly
03-04-2010, 09:36
Hi Folks,
It as been decided that we are going to stay our first night in France on the 19 June 10, at:

Ault Onival Aires at N50deg 06.227' E001deg 27.079' this is on the coast west of Abbeyville.

The second night at:
La Suze Sur Sarthe Aires at N47deg 53.333' E000deg 01.850' this is in the Pays De Loire region, south of Le Mans.

From here we plan to go and explore Brittany, coming back through Normandy and Northern France to Calais.
Anyone wishing to join us is extremely welcome.

No further plans have made as we may find nice places to stay on our travels.

If you have'nt done so already and you have the time, I can recommend following the sarthe to Angers. I've had the privilage to cruise this river and there are some really pretty mills and villages along its course.

guerdeval
03-04-2010, 09:53
Can I remind anyone that the ' Le Mans 24hr race ' is on the 12th/13th of June if anyone needs a great excuse to get to France.

Pioneer
03-04-2010, 10:33
Hi,
I'll try to be at Ault on the 19th. But I cannot promise anything. Around that time we'll be back from Brittany; maybe we should meet overthere ?
La Suze seems to be a little to wards the south for going to Brittany :( (or maybe a lust for Loire-wines ? :confused:)
Anyway we still have 3 months to decide to meet
Yours,
Leo

Hi Leo,
general idea was to travel to say the Vannes area, do some coastal wilding,(fishing for Pete and Angie) then come in land further into North Brittany as we please, also maybe the weather a little better further south, then warming up when traveling back towards Calais, through Normandy. Just a thought.
But hey, it would be good to meet up.
Pete will be taking his dongle:D so we can let people that are already in the area know of our whereabouts and a possible meet up.
You know what it's like, you find somewhere nice and decide to stay for a couple of days, so it's not really worth a lot of planning, and people can go off do their own thing, then join up later.
Anybody and everybody is welcome to join us.

Nolly
03-04-2010, 10:46
:cool:If it happens I'll surely try being there-am planning Summer in that area mostly but I have a major project to get my boat up from Burgundy
It is on a 4 wheel car trailer but it's a mite too much for my 26 year old hymer "Baby" and surely too much for my Kangoo "Roo". If I have to sail it via the canals it is a major time consuming project tho' most folk would love to be able to do the trip but at 73 yrs it's a lot of strain for me alone so towing (2 days max) is the best hope.(expenses and a bit over wd be paid to towing offer).:)
If you you dont get fixed up with a tow, we are planning our annual trip to the UK in June. We live in the Soane & loire dept of Burgundy and would be happy to help you move your boat by canal. Both myself & my other half have our Certificat International having spent 10 years working on the French waterways.
It would be possible to move your boat by day and pick up the motorhome in the evening. It's another possible option for you.
Another option to search for a tow if you have'nt already thought of it is the Lost in France website they have a fourum as do Anglo Info.:)

bevdrew
05-04-2010, 15:54
I don't know if this will be of any use to you during this trip, but my mum lives about 20 miles SW of Rennes, near the town of Guer and has room for 3 - 4 vans, an outside tap and toilet emptying capabilities. Possibly even "emergency" hook-up if you got right plugs.

Judy and Trevor are both ex-pat UK-born and bred, and would welcome friendly faces for a natter over a bottle of wine or six!

If interested, just let me know and I'll give you more details.

Bev

zeezee16
05-04-2010, 21:38
Only if they have a stream for the ducks.
ZZ

Dezi
06-04-2010, 07:24
Hi, I will be heading up from the Châteaubriant area heading for Calais ( Ferry 24th June) If you going to be at the aire in La Suze Sur Sarthe on the 20th June its possible that we could make it the day.

Dezi

Pioneer
06-04-2010, 09:04
It would be good to meet up with you Dezi. Keep an eye on the thread for updates.
Enjoy your trip.

Bill.

flashingblade
14-04-2010, 19:17
hi all. shame were not over at the same time. we have to get away in school hols. were off to normondie on 8th - 20th august. following our trip last year, we cant wait to get back. hope you all have a great time.

Pioneer
15-04-2010, 15:40
Pity, but know you will have a great time in Normandy.
Take care,
regards,
Bill.

zeezee16
21-04-2010, 19:08
Hi all,
anyone interested in the trip to northern france, things seem to have gone a bit quite, we,( myself & pioneer & rebyvid are setting off 19th june,
Have a look at the previous posts for further info.
ZZ

Belgian
21-04-2010, 20:00
Hi all,
anyone interested in the trip to northern france, things seem to have gone a bit quite, we,( myself & pioneer & rebyvid are setting off 19th june,
Have a look at the previous posts for further info.
ZZ
I'll keep the date in mind, we'll find a spot :)
Leo

nigel54
21-04-2010, 20:11
Hia Peter, We will be sailing on the 19th June, 0815am. Did you tell me that you were going to try and catch the 0600am sailing with pioneer?
Speak to you later nearer the date, regards to you and Ali,,,
Nig & Judy.

rebbyvid
21-04-2010, 20:40
Hia Peter, We will be sailing on the 19th June, 0815am. Did you tell me that you were going to try and catch the 0600am sailing with pioneer?
Nig & Judy.
Hi Nig
We all sail at different times sure ones on same as you, i will be last as mines an 8.00 pm sailing so got a bit of catching up to do
Rob

nigel54
21-04-2010, 20:59
Hi Rob, How are you? We look forward to seeing you again.
Happy wilding,, Nig & Judy.

Pioneer
21-04-2010, 21:32
Nig & Judy.

I am on the 8-15am ferry (Sea France) Nigel, will look out for you. First stop is at the Cockels:D shopping centre in Calais to meet up with Pete.

regards,
Bill.

zeezee16
22-04-2010, 20:46
I am on the 8-15am ferry (Sea France) Nigel, will look out for you. First stop is at the Cockels:D shopping centre in Calais to meet up with Pete.

regards,
Bill.
Check your times bill, I am booked on the 08.15.I thought you were on the 06.00. I will get there early andtry for the 06.00.
ZZ

rebbyvid
22-04-2010, 20:57
Hi Rob, How are you? We look forward to seeing you again.
Happy wilding,, Nig & Judy.
Fine thanks Nig ,Just check the other 2 out cos it looks like senility setting in:rolleyes::rolleyes:hope they booked for France and not Ireland :D:D

zeezee16
22-04-2010, 21:54
Fine thanks Nig ,Just check the other 2 out cos it looks like senility setting in:rolleyes::rolleyes:hope they booked for France and not Ireland :D:D
France, ooh, that would be nice, can I come too.
ZZ

Pioneer
23-04-2010, 08:16
Check your times bill, I am booked on the 08.15.I thought you were on the 06.00. I will get there early andtry for the 06.00.
ZZ

Now that I have checked the booking form, instead of asking HWMBO the time is 6.40am:D That must be right, computers don't lie, do they:confused:
Will be down at Dover for 5.30am, then if the computer is lying, then should be ok:cool:
Nigel, see you at Cockels;) shopping centre.
Rob, see you in Ireland:D
Deffo an age related thingy, but I'm passed that:p

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
23-04-2010, 08:17
France, ooh, that would be nice, can I come too.
ZZ
In a word,
NO

rebbyvid
23-04-2010, 18:51
In a word,
NO
Old Rockers NOT allowed

grath
23-04-2010, 19:07
Going to make your mouths water now:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just about to change our just over 2 week holiday to France to a 6 week holiday to France & possibly Spain & Portugal:cool::D:)
Retirement!! Wow:cool: never been so good:D
& never been so busy:D:D

Belgian
23-04-2010, 20:04
Going to make your mouths water now
Just about to change our just over 2 week holiday to France to a 6 week holiday to France & possibly Spain & Portugal

Voilà:
Vivre comme Dieu en France ;):):)
(It will suit you well :D - where did you ever find the time to go working ?? :p)

grath
23-04-2010, 21:04
Voilà:
Vivre comme Dieu en France ;):):)
(It will suit you well :D - where did you ever find the time to go working ?? :p)

I know:D everybody always say's that and it's so very true:eek::D:cool::)

cipro
23-04-2010, 21:05
Hey Graham thats brill hope you can keep in touch with your travels:cool:

grath
23-04-2010, 21:09
Hey Graham thats brill hope you can keep in touch with your travels:cool:

Hi Tim, hope you and Laine are well:cool::) won't be able to keep in contact while we are on holiday as we don't have mobile internet:( and don't intend getting it:D.
Time is too valuable when away, we then enjoy the outside (outdoors way of life):D:D

rebbyvid
24-04-2010, 06:23
Going to make your mouths water now:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just about to change our just over 2 week holiday to France to a 6 week holiday to France & possibly Spain & Portugal
You might be still there when i have my second trip:rolleyes:should be out again in sept .6 weeks:cool::cool:enjoy

grath
24-04-2010, 10:31
You might be still there when i have my second trip:rolleyes:should be out again in sept .6 weeks:cool::cool:enjoy

HI Rob, send us a text (you have our number) when you are out the second time. maybe we can meet again:) although we will be a fair way down, probably going down via the Periguex and Lot region to St Sylvestrie to the Canal Lateral / Midi, Mossac, CastleSarrasin, S l Adour and the Pyrenees and then maybe the Atlantic coast of Spain to Galicia Who knows:confused:? may stay in France:D
We will probably be working our way back but will still be south.

Dezi
24-04-2010, 10:57
Hi Grath,

We will be in the Domme - Sarlat - Bergerac & Perigueux
region around the 1st to 6th june, on our way back from Italy, might see you.

Dezi

grath
24-04-2010, 11:44
Hi Grath,

We will be in the Domme - Sarlat - Bergerac & Perigueux
region around the 1st to 6th june, on our way back from Italy, might see you.

Dezi

Hi Dezi, sorry but we will still be in the UK until later:(

rebbyvid
24-04-2010, 12:22
HI Rob, send us a text (you have our number) when you are out the second time. maybe we can meet again:) although we will be a fair way down, probably going down via the Periguex and Lot region to St Sylvestrie to the Canal Lateral / Midi, Mossac, CastleSarrasin, S l Adour and the Pyrenees and then maybe the Atlantic coast of Spain to Galicia Who knows:confused:? may stay in France:D
We will probably be working our way back but will still be south.

Will Do:D:D

Polly
25-04-2010, 17:38
Hia
I am looking to see if I can get an add on to my navman F20 ----Europe maps if not a new sat nav with europe maps.
Must mean I am thinking of europe in the near future :D:D:confused::confused::eek::eek::D:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS