PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot Boxer problems

meldorado
07-02-2010, 14:51
This cold weather giving me problems with injection system van not pulling an making noise like exhaust blowing and then stopping every time i slow down in traffic or stop at the lights. starts up again then runs ok for abit. anybody got any ideas ?:cool:

channa
07-02-2010, 14:56
Is it petrol /diesel ? which engine age etc....I am sure peeps here can be more specific in helping you.

Channa

meldorado
07-02-2010, 15:02
the van is 1999 2 litre petrol taa:cool:

JohnsCrossMotorHomes
07-02-2010, 15:06
Possibly dirty fuel filter or water in filter bowl. Dirty plugs, poor HT leads..........

Peter

channa
07-02-2010, 15:25
All Peter's suggestions are valid. But it could be the fuel freezing in the injectors.

When the engine has stopped the heat from the manifolds thaw them out again.

This was a problem with UNO and Pandas back in the late 80's-

Peter's suggestions are more probable, but my theory may have a little merit if the obvious things to check dont cure your problem.

A blanking plate behind the radiator will provide a cure in that cold air wont directly be able to hit the fuel system and hence not freeze.

Channa

Boxerman
07-02-2010, 16:05
This cold weather giving me problems with injection system van not pulling an making noise like exhaust blowing and then stopping every time i slow down in traffic or stop at the lights. starts up again then runs ok for abit. anybody got any ideas ?:cool:

I had a problem with the engine cutting out on idle (1995 2ltr petrol) which was intermittent at first but eventually it would not idle at all.
It turned out to be the idle control stepper motor, I got one from a breakers and fitted it. After the ECU had "learned" about the new part, everything was OK again. The one I got was not from a Boxer but it was from a Peugeot car.

Another problem I have heard of is the sensor failing on the speedo cable fitting, this is telling the ECU that the van is moving and the idle control should be closed when in fact the van is stationary.

HTH
Frank

mrchrissy
07-02-2010, 23:21
check that exhaust back presure as catylist or exhaust may be blocked

meldorado
08-02-2010, 16:28
Thanks to every body for the help i have fitted new fuel filter and new speedo sensor, its running ok so far i will let you know how it goes on. Now then does anybody know about gear boxes in the same van,i find it hard to get it into 1st and 2nd without a little crunch.Its had a new clutch,oil change. all linkage lubricated. It just not a smooth change. Any ideas? taa:cool:

channa
08-02-2010, 16:33
Sadly on my Fiat...different badged animal it was the synchromesh fubared:eek:

If at really low revs no crunch...but with a bit of pace it crunches...a possibility I am afraid.

Prices for rectification seem to vary and in reality it isnt a home mechanics job...but expect between 500 and 750....it may be cheaper to just change the whole box which is something you could have a bash at

Channa

biggirafe
08-02-2010, 18:11
Thanks to every body for the help i have fitted new fuel filter and new speedo sensor, its running ok so far i will let you know how it goes on. Now then does anybody know about gear boxes in the same van,i find it hard to get it into 1st and 2nd without a little crunch.Its had a new clutch,oil change. all linkage lubricated. It just not a smooth change. Any ideas? taa:cool:

Check the clutch is fully engaging when your foot goes down

mrchrissy
08-02-2010, 20:22
try ringing steve brear (gear box repaires in leeds)he could give you a better idear & put you on the right track (tel 011322632073)tell him steve from coney moor moters told you to ring he is verry helpfull & he did the overdrive conversion in mine & chrissys bedford .

channa
08-02-2010, 20:32
try ringing steve brear (gear box repaires in leeds)he could give you a better idear & put you on the right track (tel 011322632073)tell him steve from coney moor moters told you to ring he is verry helpfull & he did the overdrive conversion in mine & chrissys bedford .

interesting contact Mr chrissy i got one for tyres in belle isle if ever your stuck. the bloke is top dollar

Channa

meldorado
09-02-2010, 17:35
Thanks for that it does feel like if i could push the pedal a bit further it would go in easy,sometimes it goes in easy and then other times it just wont go.:cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS