PDA

View Full Version : Stainforth / Helwith Bridge

rach82
21-02-2010, 15:52
Hi Guys

Went out today for a walk around Stainforth, just past Settle, North Yorkshire, started the walk at Helwith Bridge.
(A really good 7 mile walk - great paths (& bridleways:D), well signposted and an absolute joy, apart from the snowy sleet in our faces the whole 3 hours, bar the last 5 mins when it stopped:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Saw a couple of places that might be suitable for stop overs (but just bear in mind we have not stayed here so can not be sure!) First was the car park in the village of Stainforth, we passed at 7am this morning and there was a campervan & a motorhome parked there, we later passed on our walk and they were still there and a light was on in the motorhome which looked like they had stayed.
Also the carpark at Helwith Bridge which we parked on had no no-overnight parking signs seemed suitable, just a row of houses across and a pub?

channa
21-02-2010, 16:41
Years back, I used to camp at Stainforth Force, a proper campsite I cant remember the name but it was a nice place.

Not sure whether any good for motorhomes if wilding is difficult ?

Many happy an hour swimming and jumping off trees into the ribble :eek:

Channa

rach82
21-02-2010, 18:49
Years back, I used to camp at Stainforth Force, a proper campsite I cant remember the name but it was a nice place.

Not sure whether any good for motorhomes if wilding is difficult ?

Many happy an hour swimming and jumping off trees into the ribble :eek:

Channa

Thanks Channa - you are a star...............

now listening to vivid....(by the way)...

John Thompson
22-02-2010, 06:50
Hi Guys

Went out today for a walk around Stainforth, just past Settle, North Yorkshire, started the walk at Helwith Bridge.
(A really good 7 mile walk - great paths (& bridleways:D), well signposted and an absolute joy, apart from the snowy sleet in our faces the whole 3 hours, bar the last 5 mins when it stopped:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Saw a couple of places that might be suitable for stop overs (but just bear in mind we have not stayed here so can not be sure!) First was the car park in the village of Stainforth, we passed at 7am this morning and there was a campervan & a motorhome parked there, we later passed on our walk and they were still there and a light was on in the motorhome which looked like they had stayed.
Also the carpark at Helwith Bridge which we parked on had no no-overnight parking signs seemed suitable, just a row of houses across and a pub?

The Helwith Bridge Pub has been mentioned on here a few times as a place to stop. Look under Youkshire.

My cousin has a cottage in the row up on the hillside (Foredale Cottages) and anothers wife lives just down the road towards Austwick. He was head NP warden until he died a few years ago.

I spent most weekends when I was 17 to 21 potholing in this area and stayed at Foredale.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS