PDA

View Full Version : Highland gathering

magbrin
24-02-2010, 07:41
Am thinking - what else can one do when there is still 6" snow on the ground ? (on second thoughts don't answer that) - of a get together in the spring (June), Summer (July) and/or Autumn (August).
We are situated in Strathnairn on B851 between Daviot (A9) & Fort Augustus (A82) about 15 miles from Loch Ness, 15 miles from Inverness and 20 miles Fort Augustus and have space, and some other facilities, including, if required, the use (for a small charge) of a community minibus, with driver, if you wanted a day/night out.
It would help to know:
If you are interested in principal
If so when?
For how long?

Warning: 1. Due to the obviously high consumption of 12YO we are only able to provide the H2O to go with it.
2. Midges NOT guaranteed

PS to Guernsey Donkey. Let me know if you did not receive the information and I will send it again.

phantom flyer
24-02-2010, 07:52
We are off work every second week from Thursday to Wednesday. Very interested in a northern meet but would depend on the date.

ajs
24-02-2010, 09:46

nice 1 sagspin....:)

that puts you about here then...confirm

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/magbrin.jpg

could well be interested.. i need a week up there with the bike in tow :cool:

regards ;)
aj

btw... garmin didn't like Strathnairn... apparently it don't exist :eek:

magbrin
24-02-2010, 12:58

nice 1 sagspin....:) WHOSAT:(
that puts you about here then...confirm - near enough ENE, due E of loch to N

could well be interested.. i need a week up there with the bike in tow :cool:

regards ;)
aj

btw... garmin didn't like Strathnairn... apparently it don't exist :eek:
Strathnairn is the area runs roughly from the source of the river (Nairn) to somewhere near Nairn itself. Postal area "Flichity", IV2.

Good area for cycling (road and off road) and walking (short and long distance) swimming in freezing lochs, climbing - we have a rockface behind us and boulders 1/4 mile away - etc etc

Hope to be able to sort something out. What is the optimum number of vans and length of time to make a successful meet? And apart from the H2O (for the 12YO, not the van) are there any other essentials?
Regards
Magbrin

ajs
24-02-2010, 13:36
Strathnairn is the area runs roughly from the source of the river (Nairn) to somewhere near Nairn itself. Postal area "Flichity", IV2.

Good area for cycling (road and off road) and walking (short and long distance) swimming in freezing lochs, climbing - we have a rockface behind us and boulders 1/4 mile away - etc etc

Hope to be able to sort something out. What is the optimum number of vans and length of time to make a successful meet? And apart from the H2O (for the 12YO, not the van) are there any other essentials?
Regards
Magbrin

mornin ladspin...dyspepsick disorganiser here...:rolleyes:

optimum vans...:confused:... well 4 or 5 minimum.. no maximum:cool: (your capacity)

i would think the essentials are.. availability of tap water ... firm ground
and a date.:cool:....and no friggin midges.

oh... and somewhere to empty chem toilets.... :eek:

the rest is chemistry... and wiksey .....combined..:D

regards :)
aj

remember... it's a long long way to come for just a weekend for us southerners:eek:
... if it was just a weekend invite then i don't think you will get many, if any, from the ingrish side of the border.:confused:

bevdrew
24-02-2010, 14:38
We would be interested - depending on dates - our 30th Wedding Anniversary 12th June - was gonna make a wee holiday of it by combining French meet and vist to mother in Brittany. Also have our eldest daughter's wedding at beginning July.

bevdrew

lenny
24-02-2010, 14:43
Thanks for a great offer Magbrin:), I,ll be keeping an eye on this one;),no doubt all our Scots friends will be interested:rolleyes::)

maingate
24-02-2010, 15:56
We would not mind a trip up North.

Any time would do us......... except for the week AJ is there. :D

busterduster
24-02-2010, 18:53
Firstly let me introduce myself and Mrs busterduster, we are wildcamping virgins living in the Highlands of Scotland on the Black Isle north of Inverness. We are the proud owners of our first van which is a few years old now, we bought it back in May last year, having been bitten by the bug during holidays in the USA touring Colorado. Our experience of wild camping extends to a layby off the M6 and a couple of weeks in aires around the lovely Loire valley in September.
Right now we are looking foward to losing the snow are a chance to extract the van for a few days away.
I'm going off the subject here so just to say that we would be interested in a Highland gathering with or without the 12YO

samfromcas
24-02-2010, 18:54
we are having 2 weeks early july in scotland, not sure where yet. was going to be barra and western isles but seems to be a few wildcamping problems.went last year it was beautifull.so if you had a date early july,would well be interested . thanks sam.

bigboack
24-02-2010, 19:18
I like the sound of this one as dont think Ireland will be on this year.:D:D:D:D

magbrin
25-02-2010, 08:11
Thanks to all, so far.
Will wait a week or so for further response and then put some thoughts togetner. Hopefully the snow will have gone by then ................. I wish!

Wee-z
25-02-2010, 08:30
Thanks Magbrin
we may be interested subject to dates.
by the way we have just got another 6" of snow in Angus
looking forward to losing it soon (the snow I mean).

weez
Tony

derekfaeberwick
25-02-2010, 08:48
This sounds promising but I don't have my dates sorted out yet.

I'm definitely interested though.:)

champstar
28-02-2010, 17:31
Hi
We love the highlands and especially the wild camping..when we are not rallying with the CCC we tend to head for the trossachs as close to home but wonderful scenery.
I could vouch for 2 vans depending on dates etc...only thing in June we are tied up running a THS near Oban.

Will keep an eye on this one but usually can only make long weekends as still working to pay the pensioners:D

cheers

Hezbez
28-02-2010, 19:06
Sounds like a plan!

If it happened to coincide with the Glasgow Fair Weekend and thus my long weekend off work (16 July) we'd be interested :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS