PDA

View Full Version : Games Weekend, Anglers Rest, Millers Dale

Pioneer
24-02-2010, 08:02
Hi everyone,

we are trying to organise a Games weekend at the Anglers Rest, Millers Dale, Near Buxton, Derbyshire. The Landlord Graham and his wife Beryl have agreed that they will get a team together to play Pool, Darts and 5s & 3s Dominoes.
So we (The Wilcamping Team) need some good (if not better) players for the above tournament for a date in April (yet to be decided).
We will be allowed to park up 10/12 MH's for the period of the games, arriving friday and games on saturday, stay longer if you wish.
It's bound to be a fun weekend, but seriously we need to beat them:D
It is open to both Guys and Gals, so if you think that you would make a good team player, please show your interest.
Already signed up are:

Bill (Pioneer)
Angie
Pete (Zeezee16)
Ali
Allan (robert b)
Dee
Rob (Rebbyvid)
Rick (Tresrikay)
Polly (Polly)
Andrew (Bigboak)
Lenny
Stonroller
Mrs Stoneroller
Chrissy (Chrissy)
Steve
Jon (Telstar) possible?
Geoff and Julie (Flashingblade)

Don't quite know how many team members required just yet, but the weekend should be a cracker for all, so come on you budding Olympians let me know if you would consider attending.
Obviously parking for the Team players would be priority, then if any spaces left for friends and spectators.

Thanks,
Bill.

ajs
24-02-2010, 09:27

thought there would be more sports than that styonrear...:confused: :rolleyes:
i'm sure you mentioned to me something about shovepenny on the landlady's board :confused::confused:....
....or did i miss hear again :confused:...(must get these batteries changed yer know) :o

me knees have gone weak.....:D

sounds like a good excuse for another party.....:D:D

regards ;)
aj

Telstar
24-02-2010, 10:55
Question, Is there anything other than drinking other peoples whisky that AJ is good at? Cos I don't see that on the list of events. Perhaps if there is a draw at the end of the evening it could be decided on points on licenses:D

Back to the serious, post the date up and we'll see if we can make it. Although our lass is no good with darts she's a dab hand at throwing anything else, especially if its at me......:eek:

Jon

Pioneer
24-02-2010, 11:00
Thanks Jon, dates to follow asap.
Maybe you could do the duck race:D or grouse;)

regards,
Bill.

Telstar
24-02-2010, 17:29
Polly could do the (famous) grouse event as long has it has lemonade in it.

Jon

bigboack
24-02-2010, 17:34
Polly said she would organise the wet T shirt contest.:D:D

tresrikay
24-02-2010, 17:40
I am up for it Cos I am great at.....:rolleyes:
Superb at.........:rolleyes:
..................................Well you will need a reserve when A.J goes for a nappy change.

rebbyvid
24-02-2010, 18:19
You can put me down as well Bill only shandy on the night for me though:eek::eek:
Rob

ajs
24-02-2010, 18:33
Back to the serious, post the date up and we'll see if we can make it. Although our lass is no good with darts she's a dab hand at throwing anything else, especially if its at me......:eek:

Jon

great... we'll have you holdin the dartboard then...:p

returds :rolleyes:...:D
aj

Polly
24-02-2010, 18:43
Hia
I have finally sobered up
I'll hopefully come along to Millers Dale
I knew duck racing had been mentioned somewhere last weekend:D:D

bigboack
24-02-2010, 20:11
need some dates,But whatever they are no Whisky will pass my lips. Intravenous drip only:):):):)

Pioneer
25-02-2010, 09:32
need some dates,But whatever they are no Whisky will pass my lips. Intravenous drip only:):):):)

Oh so you will be on your back again:D

regards,
Bill.

ajs
25-02-2010, 11:21

sheeet..just looked at the diary...

march weekends are now fully booked for me...:confused::confused:

weekend 10th April is first 1 free... so best get on without me
and if i get a cancellation that co-insides then i'll fill in..:o

tar..

regards;)
aj

Pioneer
25-02-2010, 16:08
Aj, it will be in April anyways, just waiting for more info from Milers Dale.
So hope you can make it.

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
25-02-2010, 16:26
Got the Ducks for the big race, get some practice in at Hayfields, then go for it at Millers Dale:D
These Ducks go well on the flat and over the jumps (weirs).:p

Pioneer
25-02-2010, 18:30
Sorry folks, no duck race at Millers Dale due to it being fishing season:(

Graham the Landlord of the Anglers Rest just confirmed the dates of 23rd and 24th April.

The games to take place on the Saturday night, with a Quiz and Raffle on the Friday night in aid of Aj's and Zeezee's charity, Hope House Children's Hospices. Quiz to start approx 9.00pm Friday 23rd.

4 x Teams of 2, for Pool, Darts and Dominoes on a knockout basis required so, if you can make it, please show your interest and what you are good at, no filth please;):eek:

Regards,
Bill.

robert b
25-02-2010, 18:43
do the duck race at hayfields

Pioneer
25-02-2010, 18:45
do the duck race at hayfields

Will do Allan.

Cheers,
Bill.

ajs
25-02-2010, 19:13
Sorry folks, no duck race at Millers Dale due to it being fishing season:(

Graham the Landlord of the Anglers Rest just confirmed the dates of 23rd and 24th April.

The games to take place on the Friday night, with a Quiz and Raffle on the Saturday night in aid of Aj's and Zeezee's charity, Hope House Children's Hospices.

4 x Teams of 2, for Pool, Darts and Dominoes on a knockout basis required so, if you can make it, please show your interest and what you are good at, no filth please;):eek:

Regards,
Bill.

sorry cocker.. that's the portsmouth arm weekend do dates:eek:
...and that's where i'm going :cool:... so i'm out :o

regards :rolleyes:
aj

Pioneer
26-02-2010, 08:25
Sure you will enjoy yourself at The Porstmouth Arms meet Aj, you will be missed:( well your contribution to the table of Malt will:D
Have a good one, see you at Hayfield?

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
26-02-2010, 14:28
Hi All,
the Games night at The Anglers Rest will now take place on Saturday 24th April, with the Quiz and Raffle on Friday 23rd, starting at approx 9.00pm, this will allow time for anyone who is working on the friday to get up to Millers Dale.
Beryl (Landlady) also asked if anyone who is attending is in possesion of any old books and wishes to donate them to her Local Charity, then could you please bring them along, she would be very gratefull for them.

Happy Camping:)
Bill.

zeezee16
02-03-2010, 21:16
Just to liven up the thread, can we have anyone who is any good at darts & doms, put their name down on the list, I think we are still a couple of people short, plus we need a couple of reserves too.You dont have to be any good, its not the winning, its the taking part. (and thrashing the a##e off them too).
I think we need 4 for pool, 4 for darts & 4 for doms, I think Bill will confirm this.
Cheers, Pete

Pioneer
03-03-2010, 07:35
That's right Pete, if we can get 10 or 12 MH's to attend we will have enough for a good team.
I think Beryl the Landlady thought we wanted to mix and match the teams with some of the local people, and I said No, we will supply and play our own team. Pete's even bought a new super cue for this one:D and I have a brush handle;)
We may have to get the local team pissed first, but hey it should be a fun weekend.
Come on Guys and Gals, still a little room left for a weekend in this gorgeous setting by the river.
WANTED POOL, DARTS AND DOMINO PLAYERS

Quiz and Raffle on Friday evening.

Polly
03-03-2010, 16:09
Hia
Put me down as a sub dont know what for though :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lenny
03-03-2010, 17:36
Count me in Bill and Pete;), Darts is my speciality pubsport:o:rolleyes:, thats providing I can stand on a stool at the Ockey:eek::D

tresrikay
03-03-2010, 17:38
Also a reverse here to be relived upon,,,,,,:confused: Also found a new Q ,,,
at Sainsbury's checkout this afternoon.

Polly
03-03-2010, 19:43
Hia
I could always play pool for the other side :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pioneer
03-03-2010, 19:49
Hia
I could always play pool for the other side :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and darts and dominoes:D

Polly your our mascot, wouldn't dream of allowing you to do that,but Pete and I take Malt as bribes

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
03-03-2010, 19:52
Count me in Bill and Pete;), Darts is my speciality pubsport:o:rolleyes:, thats providing I can stand on a stool at the Ockey:eek::D

Cheers Lenny your a star. Look forward to meeting up again.
Like Pete says, it's not the winning, but the taking part that counts.
I'm sure he's on a backhander from the Landlord;)

regards,
Bill.

ajs
03-03-2010, 19:52
and darts and dominoes:D

Polly your our mascot, wouldn't dream of allowing you to do that,but Pete and I take Malt as bribes

regards,
Bill.

pollyloppy... just give em a glass of cookin ... they won't know the difference :rolleyes:

regards :p
aj

robert b
04-03-2010, 13:01
we have just booked a holiday so we can come will let you no when its been ok.d

Polly
04-03-2010, 17:25
Hia
Hi Alan Where you going??????

robert b
04-03-2010, 19:12
youve miss read it polly. we have booked a holiday from work to come to millers dale. besides wouldnt want to go any where else.

rebbyvid
04-03-2010, 19:31
You can put me down for darts Bill.not played for 25 years but will try to relive the past.
With Welsh Legend Alan Evans at Pontins darts week in Prestatyn
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/oldies/petewoodinandalanevans.jpg
Managed a club for Alan for a couple of years so spent the day playing pool so put me down for that as well.
Me third on left with hair ,on my left a young Dazzler (Darryl Fitton).
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/oldies/dartsprsentation.jpg
And a close up of the hair and throwing action:eek::eek::eek::eek:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/oldies/meinsleague.jpg

Pioneer
04-03-2010, 20:20
Hi Rob,
will be good to have someone famous:D on the team;)

regards,
Bill.

ajs
04-03-2010, 20:23

i always thought that bevysid was a bit of a minger... errrr sorry... ringer :rolleyes:

regards :D
aj

zeezee16
06-03-2010, 10:36
Hi, Pete said he played Leyton Rees in Rhyl in the early 70's
Ali (im writing because Pete is in Amsterdam working hard i hope.)

bigboack
06-03-2010, 12:21

Working in amsterdam!! Is he plying his trade behind a window somewhere??
I can throw a dart or two but cant count to save my life. Also been known to bat with a pool stick thingy. OH can throw a dart or three.

rebbyvid
06-03-2010, 13:14
Had some great nights out with the Big Man sadly him and Alan are no longer with us.(not a good advert for dinking:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Pioneer
10-03-2010, 14:53
Hi All,
just got back from our jollies to the Borders and North Humberland regions, and had a great time, apart from one of our leisure batteries died:( so we came home a little earlier than planned.
Zeezee rang from Amsterdam this morning (window shopping) I think:eek: (hope Ali's not reading this):D to ask how the plans are coming along, well it would appear if everyone turns up for the Olympics then we should be ok for the Teams.
A couple of really good players would not go amiss, and a little room is left on the car park, so please, if you have the time to join us for the weekend, let me know.

Pioneer
12-03-2010, 14:36
That's right Pete, if we can get 10 or 12 MH's to attend we will have enough for a good team.
I think Beryl the Landlady thought we wanted to mix and match the teams with some of the local people, and I said No, we will supply and play our own team. Pete's even bought a new super cue for this one:D and I have a brush handle;)
We may have to get the local team pissed first, but hey it should be a fun weekend.
Come on Guys and Gals, still a little room left for a weekend in this gorgeous setting by the river.
WANTED POOL, DARTS AND DOMINO PLAYERS

Quiz and Raffle on Friday evening.

Pushing this one now, anymore people interested? Sure to be a good weekend.

Don't forget your old Books for Beryl the Landlady's charity. Thanks.

robert b
12-03-2010, 16:23
we are just waiting to get confimation we have weekend of work. we hope to find out in the week and will let you no.hope to see you at hayfield

stoneroller
12-03-2010, 22:32
Can not promise the dates but up for a bit of fun, have played a little league pool in the past ;) and chucked a dart, bit rusty now though.
Domees 5s & 3s is straight forward so should be a good laugh,
so i say

bring it on Anglers Rest :D:D

Pioneer
13-03-2010, 09:32
You will be more than welcome Stoneroller,The Anglers Rest is a smashing pub, and good food. Hope you can make it for the weekend.

robert b
17-03-2010, 15:42
:).we will be at the millers dale weekend hols been confirmed hope to be there around mid afternoon on the friday :):)see you all there

Pioneer
18-03-2010, 16:01
We have a possible 10 MH's so far, 2 spaces still up for grabs, so come on you budding Olympians:D be there or be square;)

Chrissy
19-03-2010, 08:17
Hey guys n gals - Steve and I can make the Saturday games night for deffo and I am pretty good at pool - they usually call me a shark :p - can play 5s n 3s too :cool: - pub games are not Steves forte but he can make up the numbers :eek:

fanks
Chrissy

Pioneer
19-03-2010, 08:24
That's great Chrissy, get the chance to meet you guys after just missing you both at Carrog at Christmas.
We will need all the support we can get, some of these Anglers guys are good if not better:( but hey we will enjoy ourselves, and we have got our Ace card, Polly:D

regards,
Bill.

tresrikay
19-03-2010, 18:06
I will happily give up my place should you find better skilled....:rolleyes: or even semi skilled persons for this Olympiad.

ajs
19-03-2010, 18:08
I will happily give up my place should you find better skilled....:rolleyes: or even semi skilled persons for this Olympiad.

yehhh... i had heard you were crap..:rolleyes:

regards:p
aj

Polly
19-03-2010, 18:41
Hia
OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD

Thought I was a cheer leader with De and Ali

Does that mean if we are playing Ali as to stop making our costumes :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Pioneer
20-03-2010, 14:31
Hia
OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD

Thought I was a cheer leader with De and Ali

Does that mean if we are playing Ali as to stop making our costumes :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Polly,
you carry on and get your costumes(this should be good) the Three Degrees appearing at the Anglers Rest, during the intervals:D or are we having a Miss Wet T shirt competition:D:confused:

regards,
Bill.

robert b
20-03-2010, 15:28
if poly.dee.and ali. dress as cheer leaders the pub will empty with fear and we will win by default

Polly
20-03-2010, 15:43
HI
He who dares wins

:D:D:D:D:D
How dare you say that does De know what you are saying:D:D:D:D:D

robert b
20-03-2010, 16:26
she does now thats why ive got a fat lip and a black eye

Pioneer
29-03-2010, 16:30
Well after Hayfields, we need to follow that one up with another great weekend at the Anglers Rest Games weekend on the 23/24th April.
We have a possible 11 MH's now, so 1 more space left on the car park up for grabs.
There is a car park at the old station, a little walk away for anyone who would like to turn up for support, a chat and a drink, I think it's pay and display during the day.
Get some practise in Guys and Gals for the 2010 Millers Dale Olympics:D
Can you let me know by PM what you would wish to enter in the Games, and say if your Average, good or bloody fantastic, at the different games, this will help to sort out the teams.

regards,
Bill.

Pioneer
01-04-2010, 08:27
Just a little reminder to all the people attending, don't forget to hunt out some of your old Books, and bring them along for Beryl the Landlady's Charity. Sure she will appreciate anything we can take along.

Not long now folks, so get some practice in, and you girls, Ali, Dee and Polly, get your cheer leader routine sorted.
Can't believe it, the Three Degrees at the Anglers Rest:D, at least it was the last time we had a meet at Millers Dale, infact I think it was -3deg:eek:;)

Polly
06-04-2010, 21:48
Hia
don't know if this will work but here goes

can't do it

so go into u tube old speckle hen snookered
you will see me practising for the games weekend:eek::eek::D:D

lenny
06-04-2010, 22:15
Hia
don't know if this will work but here goes

can't do it

so go into u tube old speckle hen snookered
you will see me practising for the games weekend:eek::eek::D:D

Do you mean this one Polly??

YouTube - Old Speckled Hen advert Snookered (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=605uby5n2cU)

Well impressed;), Nice Fox:rolleyes::D

ajs
06-04-2010, 22:34
Do you mean this one Polly??

YouTube - Old Speckled Hen advert Snookered (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=605uby5n2cU)

Well impressed;), Nice Fox:rolleyes::D

can you imagine her doin that Len.... :D
fek... Id buy her a new motor home if she could :eek:

i would need to vid it though as evidence :rolleyes:

regards ;)

aj

Pioneer
07-04-2010, 10:38
The slimmed down version of Zeezee will be able to do that shortly:D without a stick;)

boltonlad
07-04-2010, 13:21
Would have been really good to meet up with you again after the new year thing at the Millers Dale pub, but cannot make it due to our coming back from holiday that weekend.

Keep me posted on any future ones at the Anglers please?

cheers
David & Yvonne (and Katbit)

Pioneer
11-04-2010, 12:16
Not long now folks, the Olympic torch set off from Timbucktoo a while ago and is due to arrive around midday on the 23rd April 2010, this will be used to light the fire in the Lounge area, due to it taking so long on the last visit, petrol will be used for this occaision;) wasteing valuable drinking time (to get rid of pre-competition nerves):D
Don't forget, any old Books you may have lying around, for Beryl's charity. Thanks.
Hope you Girl's have sorted your routine out for the Cheerleader pre competition do;)
THE THREE DEGREE'S LIVE AT THE ANGLERS REST, MILLERS DALE. Can't wait.:rolleyes:

Still a spot on the car park up for grabs.

regards,
Bill.

zeezee16
11-04-2010, 17:32
Not long now folks, the Olympic torch set off from Timbucktoo a while ago and is due to arrive around midday on the 23rd April 2010, this will be used to light the fire in the Lounge area, due to it taking so long on the last visit, petrol will be used for this occaision;) wasteing valuable drinking time (to get rid of pre-competition nerves):D
Don't forget, any old Books you may have lying around, for Beryl's charity. Thanks.
Hope you Girl's have sorted your routine out for the Cheerleader pre competition do;)
THE THREE DEGREE'S LIVE AT THE ANGLERS REST, MILLERS DALE. Can't wait.:rolleyes:

Still a spot on the car park up for grabs.

regards,
Bill.
Ive chalked my darts and sharpened my cue, what else would you like me to do?.
ZZ

Pioneer
11-04-2010, 17:52
Ive chalked my darts and sharpened my cue, what else would you like me to do?.
ZZ

Just count the spots on the pub doms, incase we are playing under Derbyshire rules:D

Bill.

lenny
11-04-2010, 18:12
Ive chalked my darts and sharpened my cue, what else would you like me to do?.ZZ

Just practice this shot Pete:eek:, wearing one of those Mankini thingys:eek::D:p

Good Luck:o:D

zeezee16
11-04-2010, 20:17
Just practice this shot Pete:eek:, wearing one of those Mankini thingys:eek::D:p

Good Luck:o:D
How do you think I did my back in last time, not doing that again.
ZZ

tresrikay
12-04-2010, 18:34
feeling rather upset about the way this site is going:confused:, I will talk it over with you very good friends at this meet. I believe I am at the beginning of the end of my participation on here, so I would be gratefull if all my amazing friends would P.M their email addresses so that I might keep in touch.
I understand the work involved in running the site but I also understand the amazing contribution my good friends have put in on the sites behalf, to me that effort in promoting what appears to becomming a business, without asking anything in return but doing so much in the best interest of the site is a step too far.
I look forward to seeing you all at the Anglers, will be arriving about 7 ish, mines a pint of real ale:D

Pioneer
15-04-2010, 15:59
I will be over at Millers around 7/7.30ish and mines also a pint of real ale:D
Spoken to Graham today (landlord) he may need to loan some people to make up his teams, so Ali, Polly, Dee, Angie, you just volunteered:D:cool: loan them our best players, just to be friendly like;)

Everyone still ok for the weekend? Could turn out to be an annual competition.
regards,
Bill.

Chrissy
15-04-2010, 16:32
I will be over at Millers around 7/7.30ish and mines also a pint of real ale:D
Spoken to Graham today (landlord) he may need to loan some people to make up his teams, so Ali, Polly, Dee, Angie, you just volunteered:D:cool: loan them our best players, just to be friendly like;)

Everyone still ok for the weekend? Could turn out to be an annual competition.
regards,
Bill.

Steve and I are still OK - he could help out on their team (tee hee hee). It's not this weekend though is it - I thought next weekend ???

robert b
15-04-2010, 16:46
its next weekend chrissy . see you there

Chrissy
15-04-2010, 16:48
its next weekend chrissy . see you there

Oh goody - see you there - although I'm itchin to get away this weekend :D

robert b
15-04-2010, 17:03
id love to get away but dee has to work

zeezee16
15-04-2010, 20:01
Oh goody - see you there - although I'm itchin to get away this weekend :D
We are off saturday afternoon, dont know where yet, give us a shout if you fancy a bit of company.
ZZ

rebbyvid
15-04-2010, 20:12
Were off to Delamere Forest for weekend (Tribby Meet:D:D)so could be in Chester.Will try to get some practice in for next week:eek::eek:
Rob

Chrissy
16-04-2010, 13:00
We are off saturday afternoon, dont know where yet, give us a shout if you fancy a bit of company.
ZZ

We're gonna try one of the Ripon ones from Canalsman's lot - the one near the Canal - We will probably get there about 3 or 4 ish. PM me if you are comin.

flashingblade
17-04-2010, 08:44
hi folks. we're aiming to come next weekend. will probably set off friday night. by the way, Julie is a wizz at pool, darts and dominos. i'm not !

Pioneer
17-04-2010, 10:49
Great news Guys, see you at the bar, your round, "isn't it", as they say in these parts:D

Polly
19-04-2010, 19:22
Hia
Hope to be there about 6.00- 7.00 hopefully 6 ish
Is the road from Buxton to Bakewell closed diversion still in place. Oh doesn't matter diversion ok

See you there or be square
don't forget your books

robert b
19-04-2010, 19:44
hi polly i will ask our driver who delivers to bake well if any diversions are in place there and let you no

Polly
21-04-2010, 17:58
Hia
Camera charged up ready for the GAMES WEEKEND

Cheerleaders at the ready yes

Quiz team at the ready yes

Darts team at the ready yes

Dominoes team at the ready yes

Pool team at the ready yes

yes---yes---yes----yes

See you all there

zeezee16
21-04-2010, 18:56
Hi all,
when you get to millers dale can you reverse the small vans up to the wall, then the longer vans opposite them so the locals and the pub customers/team can get into the carpark too.
We should be there about 6pm.
Cheers, Pete.
PS, has anyone thats going this weekend, got a spare propane regulator they dont need, I went to change over to propane, but I cant find my reg.

Telstar
21-04-2010, 19:02
Zeezee, as we talking the old style where it connects straight to the bottle? If so, I'll chuck one in the van.

Jon

bigboack
23-04-2010, 09:07
Sorry guys cant make it tonight:mad:. Driving down to Birmingham to pick up four weary travellers who have been stranded in Lanzarote since last week. Hope you all have a fab time and stay off that Whisky. It's no good for yall.:D:D:D:D

BigBoack Louise & Missy..:)

Polly
25-04-2010, 17:43
Hia
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkk

lenny
25-04-2010, 18:01
Another great weekend ;), great to see you all again:), this place is a little haven and the Derbyshire dales are stunning;), probably the best walking scenery I,ve seen so far:cool:.

Checkout the slideshow..

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/th_DSC00333.jpg (http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/?action=view&current=1e954231.pbw)

Click on photo;)

derekfaeberwick
25-04-2010, 18:25
Ahhh! Even the weather Gods were on your side.

p.s. Did you gub the locals?;)

zeezee16
25-04-2010, 18:34
Great to see you as usual lenny, shame you didnt get a picture of the winning team, recieving the trophy.
Wildcampers 1
Anglers Rest 0
Plans already in hand for next years rematch. Dont miss it,
Cheers, Pete

Polly
25-04-2010, 19:14
Hia
You go on these meets but you don't expect to become a dominoe champion

Yes I didn't but I learnt how to play 5's and 3's thanks Angie and I played by Derbyshire rules

By the end of the night I reliazed that by playing this game it kept me quite and out of mischief
Method in there Bill and Pete's madness :eek::eek:

Pioneer
25-04-2010, 21:14
Hi All,
thanks to all who attended, a cracking weekend and a good one for our chosen charity.

Derek, we smashed them:cool:

We never got the chance to see Polly in the rah rah skirt;) She was too busy playing 5's and 3's, well done Polly.:D
All in all a lovely weekend with some very nice friends.
Here's to the next one.

regards,
Angie and Bill.

zeezee16
25-04-2010, 21:19
just to let everyone know, we raised 69 for Hope House, from the quiz on friday night & games match on saturday, Oh yes, and 13p (plus a washer), from Mrs Flashingblades busking.
Thanks very much all.
ZZ

n8rbos
26-04-2010, 11:03
looks like you all had a bostin time and that place looks crackin':)

is it par of the course to have a nice motorhome but no teeth????:)

ajs
26-04-2010, 12:43

oh... i see you missed me then...:rolleyes::D

regards :p
aj

grath
26-04-2010, 14:24
Another great weekend ;), great to see you all again:), this place is a little haven and the Derbyshire dales are stunning;), probably the best walking scenery I,ve seen so far:cool:.

Checkout the slideshow..

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/th_DSC00333.jpg (http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/?action=view&current=1e954231.pbw)

Click on photo;)

Great pictures Lenny,:cool: it looks a nice place down by the river.:cool: We must give it a bash sometime, but at the moment few outings as very busy:(

zeezee16
26-04-2010, 19:07
Just a thought, if you look at the Anglers Rest website, there's an email address, it would be nice if a few people who went to the olympics could send a mesage of thanks to Graham & Beryl for the great weekend, You could also mention that we seem to have won this year, and we are looking forward to beating them again.
ZZ
info@theanglersrest.co.uk

rebbyvid
26-04-2010, 20:47
Another great weekend with great company
My pics
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/millers%20dale%20wildcamping%20meet/th_DSCF2003.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/millers%20dale%20wildcamping%20meet/?action=view&current=73227767.pbw)
click for slideshow

biggirafe
26-04-2010, 20:56
Another great weekend with great company
My pics
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/millers%20dale%20wildcamping%20meet/th_DSCF2003.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/millers%20dale%20wildcamping%20meet/?action=view&current=73227767.pbw)
click for slideshow

It looks like a fantastic place, must make a point of stopping by one day soon

rebbyvid
26-04-2010, 21:11
Definitely worth a visit Mark

Canalsman
26-04-2010, 21:54
It looks like a fantastic place, must make a point of stopping by one day soon

I'm glad everyone had fun ...

This is a super pub, dog and muddy boots friendly, that we happened upon on our first trip with our 'van.

I asked then if the pub would be happy to accommodate motorhomes - and the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm really pleased that the cheerful answer of "yes, you're welcome" has brought the pub some extra business.

So if anyone is passing, or fancies a great weekend in super countryside - with good beer and great food - don't hesitate. :)

Polly
28-04-2010, 19:06
Hia

Click on photo for slide show

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/th_DSCF9040.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/?action=view&current=5ef28f4a.pbw)

well who is a clever clogs then :D:D:D

lenny
28-04-2010, 20:10
Hia

Click on photo for slide show

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/th_DSCF9040.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/?action=view&current=5ef28f4a.pbw)

well who is a clever clogs then :D:D:D

Great pics Polly;), very well done.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS