PDA

View Full Version : meet in devon in april

duncananderson
24-02-2010, 12:03
hoping to organize a meet for all you S.W. wilders on new years eve. got room for at least 10 vans but could get in more at a push.
the portsmouth arms on the a377 between exeter and barnstaple. anyone interested? lots of love and happy camping DEE

busydaffodil
24-02-2010, 12:32
A non commital but very interested couple here.
Cannot do Friday nights though...I work Saturday mornings always.

ajs
24-02-2010, 12:38

tis in my diary of do-ables :D

regards:cool:
aj

Wee-z
24-02-2010, 12:44
sounds a good idea
however it is a bit far to travel for us
from scotland.
Best of luck with the weekend

weez
Tony

rach-chavette
24-02-2010, 13:01
Ohhhh I could be up for this :D Thanks mucho :)

biggirafe
24-02-2010, 13:39
Its a great pub and I would recommend you get along if you can,

We will be in Holland but might consider cancelling Dee if you are prepared to supply me with free bear all weekend :D :D

busydaffodil
24-02-2010, 20:13
Sat night probably

bigboack
24-02-2010, 20:46
Its a great pub and I would recommend you get along if you can,

We will be in Holland but might consider cancelling Dee if you are prepared to supply me with free bear all weekend :D :D

What would you do with a free bear Mark??? I'd prefer beer meself.:D:D:D

duncananderson
25-02-2010, 12:14
i will give you all the free teddies you want big G, the grandkids might protest though. DEE tink wees going off fred AGAIN !!!!! ha ha

cornishgail
25-02-2010, 14:20
interesting! put me down as a highly probable please; came thro barnstable yesterday on way from NEC -we were aiming for atlantic village [discount shopping outlet] the roads are atrocious with deep potholes everywhere but at least the local council are in evidence with many road maintainance workers repairing various parts of the atlantic highway.
The show was excellent but weather so cold and snowing on tuesday-wish they would move show to spring/autumn.

UFO
02-03-2010, 12:04
it would be good to meet some 'real' people, so yes we are interested and available. What normally happens at these meets? If there is anything such as 'normal'. This would be our first meet - David & Judy

bayneclan
03-03-2010, 10:42
We are newbies to the site but would love to come will set the date in our diary.:)
Debs and Jim

duncananderson
03-03-2010, 14:20
baynclan
dgg18mlr
busydaffodil
scotty
applecore
power
cornishgail
rodmar23
and the famous (or infamous!!) ajs

have all expressed an interest so far. will update when we know more

scotty
09-03-2010, 17:43
baynclan
dgg18mlr
busydaffodil
rach-chavette
cornishgail

could be interesting being our first meet,will check the dates if there are spaces still left ?

applecore
09-03-2010, 18:03
We are in Cornwall so there is a good chance we could make it of there is still room?

rach-chavette
09-03-2010, 18:22
Cant make this as I got a show to attend that weekend :rolleyes: Have fun all :p

power
09-03-2010, 20:51
ime new ile be ther hope ther will be room then can meet all new and old esay for me i live on the south coast kev laters

Janpops
15-03-2010, 20:57
Hi Dee
Thanks for letting us stay at your lovelly pub last week and letting us know about 'wild camping for motorhomes'.
Good luck with your gathering next month. Hope you all enjoy yourselves and everyone who makes it appreciates your hospsitality s much as we did.

Hope to call in again one day

Janpops (swansea)

ajs
15-03-2010, 21:31
Cant make this as I got a show to attend that weekend :rolleyes: Have fun all :p

sheeetalmighty:(
... another do without the bottle and cleavage trick...,:eek:

bugger...bugger ...bugger :mad::mad::mad::mad:

regards:D
aj

Proff
25-03-2010, 16:50
SWMBO sez this looks like a good weekend to meet a few of you...
Just hope the Hymer is up for the long distance trip :rolleyes:

sat nav gives driving time as 1560 :eek::eek:

seconds :D:D

ajs
25-03-2010, 21:28
SWMBO sez this looks like a good weekend to meet a few of you...
Just hope the Hymer is up for the long distance trip :rolleyes:

sat nav gives driving time as 1560 :eek::eek:

seconds :D:D

bring yer bike and we'll go fer a nice 200 miler...:D

regards :cool:
aj

NicknClair
27-03-2010, 10:55
Would loved to have turned up, but will be working at the Peterborough Motorhome Show the same weekend, sorry about that but have an excellent time anyways :)

rodmar23
27-03-2010, 19:54
Hi would like to come if their is room cheers Rod & Mar

ajs
08-04-2010, 08:10

OI.. drunkenmandleson... do you know who's cummin...:confused::confused: :eek:

list... update yer list.. it helps.:rolleyes:

regards :p
aj

duncananderson
08-04-2010, 15:34
baynclan
dgg18mlr
busydaffodil
scotty
applecore
power
cornishgail
rodmar23
proff

looking forward to meeting you all

Proff
08-04-2010, 16:00
Looks like we're going to be there, weather is going to improve :D

we hope :)

ajs
08-04-2010, 21:48
looking forward to meeting you all

don't spose you have wifi by anychance do you :confused:

also...:confused: any probs if i decide to stay a few extra days :rolleyes::eek:

regards ;)
aj

duncananderson
10-04-2010, 22:06
don't spose you have wifi by anychance do you :confused:

also...:confused: any probs if i decide to stay a few extra days :rolleyes::eek:

regards ;)
aj
yes we do have wi fi, you can stay here as long as you like. looking forward to meeting you. dee

ajs
10-04-2010, 22:16
yes we do have wi fi, you can stay here as long as you like. looking forward to meeting you. dee

amazzin :cool::);)

.. can i have sex, bear you children and serve behind your bar for the rest of my life??? :eek:

:D

aj

,, err.. as long as you have a stock of single malts that is...:rolleyes:

duncananderson
10-04-2010, 22:47
amazzin :cool::);)

.. can i have sex, bear you children and serve behind your bar for the rest of my life??? :eek:

aj

,, err.. as long as you have a stock of single malts that is...:rolleyes:

no sex here we`re british!!!! and its devon, we got far too many children already and you can only serve if your sober.
however i think you will still have a unique experience when you visit.
do you prefer malts from the west coast or from the east of scotland or irish.

ajs
10-04-2010, 23:34
no sex here we`re british!!!! and its devon, we got far too many children already and you can only serve if your sober.
however i think you will still have a unique experience when you visit.
do you prefer malts from the west coast or from the east of scotland or irish.

west is best... but don't fret i have a stock of my own:rolleyes:
so don't get anything in special

.. i like real ale ..good beer
and am happy with a nice pint :cool:.. the wiksey bit is a smoke screen :confused:

no sex eh:mad:... sheeet.. i'l have to bring my own of that too :eek:

:confused:any book shops local to you..:confused::confused::confused:

regards :D
aj

Proff
11-04-2010, 11:47
No Worries AJ
We're just on our way up to The Portsmouth for a recce :)
We WILL be having dinner there tonight....
SWMBO has demanded that perk

May contact you via wifi later.........................

After we've seen if theres any "pretty" sheep about for you [ewe ]

Proff
12-04-2010, 20:15
We're back :D
Well AJ I can confirm that the food at the Portsmouth is Excellent :) I had a Fresh made Chicken Tikka with rice, lime pickle and a salad. bloody huge it was, must have used a Turkey breast by mistake, followed by treacle tart and Custard :):)
Barb had the Roast Pork sunday dinner followed by Meringue tower. :):)
The Becks beer was perfect, my mate had wimpy Carlsberg.
the Locals were welcoming as well

Car park, leveller than most campsites, last train was 11pm and then loads of HUSHHHHHH

This Morning I noticed that a load of Sheep had turned up and were looking in the car park :eek::eek:

I went out and Told them >>
"AJ's not here till the 23rd ":rolleyes:

Extra info..
AJ..
Andy [Duncan] doesn't normally write on here, it's his missus Dee that does the posting

ajs
12-04-2010, 21:40
We're back
Well AJ I can confirm that the food at the Portsmouth is Excellent :) I had a Fresh made Chicken Tikka with rice, lime pickle and a salad. bloody huge it was, must have used a Turkey breast by mistake, followed by treacle tart and Custard :)
Barb had the Roast Pork sunday dinner followed by Meringue tower. :)
The Becks beer was perfect, my mate had wimpy Carlsberg.
the Locals were welcoming as well

Car park, leveller than most campsites, last train was 11pm and then loads of HUSHHHHHH

This Morning I noticed that a load of Sheep had turned up and were looking in the car park :eek:

I went out and Told them >>
"AJ's not here till the 23rd ":rolleyes:

Extra info..
AJ..
Andy [Duncan] doesn't normally write on here, it's his missus Dee that does the posting

sheeet... i'm on a diet and i don't drink...:eek: much :rolleyes:

.. and yes.. i know it's dee... she's after my body :rolleyes: :p

aj

maingate
12-04-2010, 21:48
sheeet... i'm on a diet and i don't drink...:eek: much :rolleyes:

.. and yes.. i know it's dee... she's after my body :rolleyes: :p

aj
Why?

Does she do autopsies?

duncananderson
12-04-2010, 22:20
Why?

Does she do autopsies?

i CAN do autopsies, but have`nt done one for quite a while !!! are you coming to see us on your SW trip? would be great to meet you. dee

maingate
12-04-2010, 22:59
Hi Dee,

Should that be Hi Dee Hi, I wonder?

I might be able to make it this trip but nothing is finalised yet. We have Bath Championship Dog Show on May 28th, Southern counties Ch. Show (Newbury) on 5th June and 3 Counties Ch. Show (Malvern) on 11th June. If we are having a `barbecue summer` then it would be nice to pop down after the last show.

I am not keen to do Devon and Cornwall at the height of Summer (for obvious reasons), so we will do our best to get down there in June.

We will require a red carpet and the finest steaks for the Whippets. You do not need to make a fuss for me and the wife. As you can tell, we Northerners take our dogs seriously.:D

It is 23.58 pm and I must log off before midnight.

See you soon.

ajs
12-04-2010, 23:38
3 Counties Ch. Show (Malvern) on 11th June.

See you soon.

ohhhno.. no no no.. ohhhfriggin no...:(
you aint cummin here.. yer barred
go take yer pugs back up norff :D

cost yer a bottle of single to pass through wusserer:)
... i'll be on the toll gate waynplate :p

regards :rolleyes:
aj

maingate
13-04-2010, 17:29
Has anyone got the gps coordinates for AJ`s street?

I need somewhere to empty the cassete and waste water (and let the dogs have a crap).:)

AJ will not even know I have been there, unless its warm and the wind is in the wrong direction:p

Although I forgot about the dogs digging up his lawn.:D

And crapping.

And pulling his plants out.

ajs
13-04-2010, 17:39
Has anyone got the gps coordinates for AJ`s street?

I need somewhere to empty the cassete and waste water (and let the dogs have a crap).:)

AJ will not even know I have been there, unless its warm and the wind is in the wrong direction:p

Although I forgot about the dogs digging up his lawn.:D

And crapping.

And pulling his plants out.

looks like pug sarnies and BBQ'd whippet for a week or 2 :p

retards :rolleyes:
aj

ajs
19-04-2010, 17:09

just realised it's this weekend this....last list posted was...

baynclan
dgg18mlr
busydaffodil
scotty
applecore
power
cornishgail
rodmar23
proff
and moi...

is that still the case???...10 vans... hope you have a big big car park drunkenmandleson :eek:

i'm 40 ft long. (with my socks on) :p. and i'll be down thursday night late ish :D
.. failing that friday mid day ish...:rolleyes:

regards ;)
aj

ajs
19-04-2010, 18:00

drunkenmandelson... just tried to google earth you...:confused:

every location given for your place ends up bing a picture of a saw mill..:eek::eek::eek:

so where are you relative to the saw mill :confused::confused::confused::confused:

regards :o
aj

biggirafe
19-04-2010, 18:28

drunkenmandelson... just tried to google earth you...:confused:

every location given for your place ends up bing a picture of a saw mill..:eek::eek::eek:

so where are you relative to the saw mill :confused::confused::confused::confused:

regards :o
aj

Here you go, looks just like it did when we was there, except no rain :D
50.95654,-3.952842 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=50.95654,-3.952842&sll=50.956484,-3.952688&sspn=0.000853,0.002108&ie=UTF8&ll=50.957143,-3.950551&spn=0.006826,0.016866&t=k&z=16&layer=c&cbll=50.956473,-3.952721&panoid=xhrA-LXsnitgpFoaYbDVmA&cbp=12,303.06,,0,9.08)

ajs
19-04-2010, 18:38

gottcha...:confused::confused::confused:...:eek:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/3%20moors%20april%202010/3170181a.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/3%20moors%20april%202010/f7ab91df.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/3%20moors%20april%202010/738b2252.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/3%20moors%20april%202010/d8883043.jpg

that should do it... :D

aj

duncananderson
19-04-2010, 18:58
weathers lovely, primroses are out, lambs are in the field. so who is coming to the port meet ?
thanks aj and big G for getting the map and the street view thing together. you are soooo clever ! carpark looks great in the pic. love dee

ajs
20-04-2010, 16:29
weathers lovely, primroses are out, lambs are in the field. so who is coming to the port meet ?
thanks aj and big G for getting the map and the street view thing together. you are soooo clever ! carpark looks great in the pic. love dee

nehh mind all that nonsense lass...:rolleyes:...

have you got an outside tap :confused::confused::confused:
and electrickery...and where does 1 deposit the plop....:eek::eek:
...brown soapy watter anyone...:p

and what beer you got then eh...:D

regards ;)
aj

novawight
21-04-2010, 10:03
i am a newbie,live near portsmouth, any chance of fitting me in,Topaz small van, it would be great to see you guys and have an ale or three:)

Chrissy
21-04-2010, 12:03
i am a newbie,live near portsmouth, any chance of fitting me in,Topaz small van, it would be great to see you guys and have an ale or three:)

I do believe all are welcome - although, as with any meet you need to take a bottle of single malt to AJS van :eek: :eek: :eek: its da law ;) :D :D :D

novawight
21-04-2010, 12:51
I do believe all are welcome - although, as with any meet you need to take a bottle of single malt to AJS van :eek: :eek: :eek: its da law ;) :D :D :D

that will be the day;) i would gladly give a bottle of malt, if he could reimburse me for the diesel for the trip, but as things are in my financial market, could probably run to a bottle of Spitfire or a touch of the Bishops finger. if he is up for that, :eek:

Chrissy
21-04-2010, 12:59
that will be the day;) i would gladly give a bottle of malt, if he could reimburse me for the diesel for the trip, but as things are in my financial market, could probably run to a bottle of Spitfire or a touch of the Bishops finger. if he is up for that, :eek:

Oh well - nice try for AJ's cause :p - I guess you'd be welcome anyway :eek: :D

Wish I was going to meet all these lovely peeps but a bit too far for us as we can only get away Saturday lunchtime :(

I'm sure you'll have a great time - I've met some of them and they are smashin :cool:

Chrissy

novawight
21-04-2010, 13:12
Oh well - nice try for AJ's cause :p - I guess you'd be welcome anyway :eek: :D

Wish I was going to meet all these lovely peeps but a bit too far for us as we can only get away Saturday lunchtime :(

I'm sure you'll have a great time - I've met some of them and they are smashin :cool:

Chrissy

Thanks Chrissy , perhaps we will meet some day, if I get adventurous enough to get beyond the Watford gap;)

UFO
21-04-2010, 22:33

just realised it's this weekend this....last list posted was...

yes, we will arrive sometime Fri afternoon - looking forward to meeting you all.

Just back from six days in the beautiful Shropshire hills (Clee Hill) - lots of new-born lambs. Weather was sunny even hot at times. Highly recommended (when the weather is good!). Did not have the CV as my mother was with us so it was a cottage, but will return in the CV (it would be a good place to check out the judder when reversing up hill that has been much discussed recently) 2008 Fiat 100 Adria Twin!

see you Fri David & Judy

ajs
21-04-2010, 22:44

nowt like a bishops finger :cool:... avn't had 1 for years now...:rolleyes:
yep... was just after my spitfire days...:D

aj

open house droversight.. see ya there :D

novawight
22-04-2010, 09:21
yep all being well, will be there mid afternoon:D

novawight
22-04-2010, 09:23
thats fri.............

rodmar23
22-04-2010, 10:42
Hi sorry cant make it this time still up in wales hope to meet up some time cheers Rod & Mar

duncananderson
22-04-2010, 15:35
who is coming ?
novawight
dgg18mlr
baynclan
busydaff
scotty
applecore
proff
aj
cornishgail

ajs
22-04-2010, 16:39

ready to leave and can't get hold of the fella that stores my bike trailer boxvan...:o.
can't get atit without him and his keys.:mad:
so don't know now..at the minute...if i can get down tonight or not:mad:
failing that...tomorrow:rolleyes:

regards :(
aj

just in case he turns up later tonight...what time you closing tonight drunkenmandleson ??? :confused::confused::confused:
i'll just need water... that's it.. and a pint or 2 if yer still serving :eek:

wynthesurfer
22-04-2010, 17:03
nowt like a bishops finger :cool:... avn't had 1 for years now...:rolleyes:
yep... was just after my spitfire days...:D

aj

open house droversight.. see ya there :D

Just bought 10 bottles of Spitfire from Sainsburys 1 a bottle !
get in there

Wyn

duncananderson
22-04-2010, 17:18

ready to leave and can't get hold of the fella that stores my bike trailer boxvan...:o.
can't get atit without him and his keys.:mad:
so don't know now..at the minute...if i can get down tonight or not:mad:
failing that...tomorrow:rolleyes:

regards :(
aj

just in case he turns up later tonight...what time you closing tonight drunkenmandleson ??? :confused::confused::confused:
i'll just need water... that's it.. and a pint or 2 if yer still serving :eek:
usually up and about till 1.00am ish. if you get here later just ring the doorbell on the right of the front door and we will get you settled.

ajs
25-04-2010, 11:49

on the drunkenmandlesons wi-fi...:cool:

well 3 turned up.... me prof and dgg18mlr... :eek:

bit embarrassing when for last night they had laid on an entertainer (guitarist/singer) and a disco...:rolleyes:

frigginbell...5 of us clapped, sang, and danced the night away...
untill the booz got the better of all ...except me of course...
apparently it has no effect... even 1/2 bottle of profs single malt...:D

after today i'll be here on my own...till wednesday or thursday
so if yer in the area and want to pop in, feel free to do so..:cool:. on a bike... fancy a ride.. no probs.;)

aj

UFO
26-04-2010, 19:42
it was quality rather than quantity and here is the photo to prove it

Proff
26-04-2010, 21:23
Yup, definitely a quality time, shame more didn't turn up :(

Me and the missus are both looking forward to the next
"Portsmouth arms Meet "

duncananderson
26-04-2010, 22:35
thanks to mr and mrs proff , mr and mrs dd18, of course the irrepressible aj, for coming to our little bash. a great time was had by all. shame gary fell in the stream ha ha. aj was a great music stand.

ajs
28-04-2010, 19:09

been her now since last thursday:eek:... will be off to tintern tomorrow..;)

Mr and Mrs drunkenmandleson have looked after me like a long lost son:rolleyes:
...fed me, watered me and changed my nappie....:eek:

i'll be here again if they ever recover from this time..:D

hundreds of pics i've taken this last week... i'll sort them out a bit later....:cool:

aj

ajs
28-04-2010, 19:41

Login to a private Photobucket.com album (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/portsmouth%20arms%2010/?albumview=slideshow)

let me know if you can't see them...:o

aj

biggirafe
28-04-2010, 19:53

Login to a private Photobucket.com album (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/portsmouth%20arms%2010/?albumview=slideshow)

let me know if you can't see them...:o

aj

yep I can definatley confirm that I can't see em without knowing ya pword :)

colpot
28-04-2010, 20:29
I can see them, (the emporers new clothes that is) but cant crack the code for the pics.
Hope I havent locked your account trying silly passwords:D

ajs
28-04-2010, 23:05
try this 1.....

opening shot is mr and mrs drunkenmandleson :eek::eek::eek:... scary...:rolleyes:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/portsmouth%20arms%2010/th_b31a8a86.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/portsmouth%20arms%2010/?action=view&current=cfd3cb25.pbw)

aj

Proff
29-04-2010, 10:51
it was quality rather than quantity and here is the photo to prove it

Drop me an Email at >>
keithstevenson2[at]tiscali.co.uk
I have the info you wanted :)

novawight
30-04-2010, 09:51
Hi everyone, sorry did,nt stay long arrived fri afternoon A,J was out on bike, it was a very warm afternoon, there was no public transport from pub ,decided to move on, went down to Looe, cold and damp, fed up so drove up to the lakes.spent a few happy days up there, back yesterday, it was my fault, I should have got more info on the meet, and should have came down on Sat, better luck nex time

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS