PDA

View Full Version : Severn Bores 28 Feb - 3 March

kangooroo
26-02-2010, 22:34
Is anyone going to watch the Severn Bore on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday?

Tuesday's Bore is expected to be a 5* - the biggest for ten years with 4* on Monday and Wednesday.

If so, will you be camping?

ajs
26-02-2010, 22:36

Tuesday's Bore is expected to be a 5* - the biggest for ten years with 4* on Monday and Wednesday.

yawwwwn....:o

regards :rolleyes:
aj

biggirafe
27-02-2010, 08:11

Time table
2010 (http://www.severn-bore.co.uk/2010.htm)

Tuesday at 8am is the big one :D :D

The Grand Wanderer
27-02-2010, 09:21

Lovely idea am looking at trying to get down and am trying to get address of somewhere to wild.

Pioneer
27-02-2010, 11:06

How can they tell what size the Bore is going to be:confused: A bit like weather forecasting if you ask me, but seriously would like to know, anybody?

Happy Camping:)

ajs
27-02-2010, 11:21
How can they tell what size the Bore is going to be:confused: A bit like weather forecasting if you ask me, but seriously would like to know, anybody?

china... have the biggerest.......

"in the world"... :eek:

regards:p
aj

biggirafe
27-02-2010, 11:43

This site explains it better than I could. We have been to a couple, but to be honest when you have seen one you've seen em all. Might take the kids along this year tho.

In short its to do with spring tides (moon very close), that will create a big tidal rush up the channel, then if the wind is in the right direction (south west) this will help. If the wind is wrong it can kill what should have been a good bore. So Tuesdays should be big as its the biggest tide but if the wind is from the north east then :(

The Severn Bore Page (http://www.severn-bore.co.uk/default.htm)

zeezee16
27-02-2010, 11:59

I know a Worcester Bore.
ZZ

kangooroo
27-02-2010, 14:12
I'm hoping to get along to at least two. There are always loads of campers so I'll keep a lookout for any familiar from here along with any new spots to camp.

Grand Wanderer: I think camping is allowed at the Severn Bore Inn and I believe the White Hart Inn at Broadoak near Newnham now offers its car park to Bore campers. I'm also on the lookout for new wilding locations.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS