PDA

View Full Version : Easter meets in Wales??

madmothermeryl
27-02-2010, 13:13
Hello, I'm still very new to motorhoming, we've had ours for all of 3 weeks!
Thinking of going to Wales at Easter, would love to try Pembrokeshire and the Gower peninsula - where would you experts recommend?
And are there any meets organised?
Any advice on sites would be very welcome - thanks!:)

ajs
27-02-2010, 14:34
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/8829-tintern-abbey-near-forest-dean.html

:D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

springfield
28-02-2010, 18:55
:)We are also looking for free stopover stops in N Wales at Easter. Someone had mentioned the car park at the Sun Centre, Rhyl but we're not just so sure. We would prefer Colwyn Bay/Llandudno areas.

Milfy
28-02-2010, 20:39
4 of us are staying at CENARTH FALLS HOLIDAY PARK - CARAVAN HOLIDAY HOMES, CAMPING AND TOURING (http://www.cenarth-holipark.co.uk/) :) a little gem ;)

matthew123
07-04-2011, 19:48
Its not exactly wild camping but Meadow farm is a little gem of a basic campsite right on the edge of Tenby town centre. It is tucked away on NORTH CLIFF. You park your van up and walk into town in ten minutes. Must be the closest site to town. Only problem is you might have to book for two nights.

mandrake
07-04-2011, 23:54
if you are coming to the gower you wont go far wrong at mumbles the only thing is it can get very crowded you need to get your parking place very early try the knab rock car park , unfortunately i wont be out and about this easter

solarman
08-04-2011, 00:18
Shell Island,not exactly wild camping,but a good location and reasonable prices lots of space close to beach,just spent our first weekend there last week and will be going again soon,
Solarman.

mikeandhismotorhome
08-04-2011, 11:45
Am picking up my van in a weeks time then going to Dinas Dinlle for a night
Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&ll=53.08894,-4.337223&spn=0.001923,0.005279&z=18)

rebbyvid
08-04-2011, 19:21
would't go near shell island on a bank holiday,there is another thread on here,some bad experiences.
rob

landrovereditor
10-04-2011, 17:47
Black Rock Sands

At the north end of the sands on the right hand side of the road is a site, just a site, with water, no toilets, 5 a night if anyone turns up to ask for the money.

Or you could stay on the sands.

mochras
11-04-2011, 15:35
Depending on where you're coming from Llandovery RFC has a campsite next door with clubhouse on site. Basic amenities but nice location with good walking and shops/pubs in the town 10 mins away. Great dog walking area too where they can be let to run free.

Shell Island - I have spent many, many weekends and weeks holidays there at all times of the year and cannot complain one little bit. Hardly close to Pembrokeshire though.

A lot of people tend to park up on the sea front in Porthcawl and sleep over if it's en route. There are a number of places to stop and wild camp along the south Wales coast if you venture off the M4.

mandrake
12-04-2011, 01:40
porthcawl no parking at night ,some do but to be safe i wouldent ,just carry on to mumbles your ok there .you can park overnight in bridgend at the leasure center ,we habe used that place a few times when we were full time in the van and had no trouble .its handy if you want to have a night out in bridgend some nice italian restauraunts and a wetherspoons in the town center and plenty of takeaways

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS