PDA

View Full Version : FUEL COSTS in EUROPE and further afield

barnybg
02-03-2010, 10:01
FUEL PRICES across Europe ETC....

I wonder if this thread/post could be made 'sticky' and available to update,for travellers in or going to different countries,as prices can determine what route or 'where' next to go,on your travels ?As most of the cost is fuel,if 'wildcamping',this can be worked out more accurately,also maybe let M/H know where LPG is sold at the pump ?
I have a pull to travel accross Turkey ,also Morocco beckons,but have no idea of fuel prices ?

Here in BULGARIA petrol AND diesel are approx. 1 litre,and LPG
is half the price and available from the pump at every fuel station. :)

barnybg
02-03-2010, 11:38
Thanks Biggirrafe,Checked that out,and found it useless for me,anyhow,as it didn't even have BULGARIA listed(EU) !,what about Turkey and Morocco ? Any other places that could be mentioned ? Also where they sell LPG at the pump ?
A more personal approach i thought by members of this site,who have actually used the petrol station etc....

n8rbos
02-03-2010, 11:39
FUEL PRICES across Europe ETC....

I wonder if this thread/post could be made 'sticky' and available to update,for travellers in or going to different countries,as prices can determine what route or 'where' next to go,on your travels ?As most of the cost is fuel,if 'wildcamping',this can be worked out more accurately,also maybe let M/H know where LPG is sold at the pump ?
I have a pull to travel accross Turkey ,also Morocco beckons,but have no idea of fuel prices ?

Here in BULGARIA petrol AND diesel are approx. 1 litre,and LPG
is half the price and available from the pump at every fuel station. :)

diesel in morocco at moment is 10 dirhams--70p alitre

barnybg
29-06-2010, 11:13
Turkey is 3.38 TL = approx 1.50 per ltr,expensive but LPG available everywhere and is approx 1 TL something per ltr !!

Bulgaria is approx 1 per ltr,gone up nearly double in 3 years ...since joining that good old Euro thing. LPG half that and available everywhere.

The reason for this thread is to pre- consider costs etc when travelling to or across certain countries,wther viable or not.Hope more post to give a varied price guide.

Canalsman
29-06-2010, 12:14
The AA have some excellent info available here Fuel Price Reports : AA monthly fuel price report for June 2010 - The AA (http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/index.html)

MrTreeGoblin
01-07-2010, 16:19
Try this

Europe's Energy Portal Gas, Electricity & Fuel Prices and Statistics (http://energy.eu/#prices)

Did post this a few months back - so excuse me if you've seen it...:D

Nosha
01-07-2010, 19:37
Just come back from France & Italy (June 10). Diesel = 1.13e ave' at supermarkets, cheapest was 1.10e and on motorways was 1.28e. At the time we got 1.14e to pound, so around 1/ltr. Used our Nationwide debit card at a couple of 24hr card only fuel pumps and got slightly better exchange rate than home, so cheaper to use card rather than cash!!!

rebbyvid
01-07-2010, 19:55
I have also just come back from France.Paid 1.139 at Carrefour at Tourville south of Rouen (close to Oissel Aire) And then paid 1.15 again at Carrefour at La Tourquet-Paris-Plage.Also used Nationwide card and was getting between 1.20-1.23 the latter rate on the final day Sunday 27th june
Rob

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS