PDA

View Full Version : Highland dates

magbrin
02-03-2010, 19:43
Hi, all, & thanks for interest in a highland gathering.

How about w/e of 17th July? As many vans as you like:p

Other possibilities (instead or as well, depending on numbers)
June 5th
August 28th

(this means, Maingate, that if you want to avoid anyone it is unlikely that aj will make it three months running:eek:)

Let me know what you think;);)

Would aim for Friday night - Tuesday/Wednesday (as many or as few days as you like)
But remember anyone is welcome here at any time, but if you can let us know a day or two in advance. At the moment you won't get off the road for the snow:(
Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)

Look forward to meeting some of you soon:)
Magbrin

phantom flyer
02-03-2010, 20:07
All three dates are go for us so far.

Pete

ajs
02-03-2010, 21:35
Hi, all, & thanks for interest in a highland gathering.

How about w/e of 17th July? As many vans as you like

Other possibilities (instead or as well, depending on numbers)
June 5th
August 28th

(this means, Maingate, that if you want to avoid anyone it is unlikely that aj will make it three months running:eek:)

Let me know what you think;);)

Would aim for Friday night - Tuesday/Wednesday (as many or as few days as you like)
But remember anyone is welcome here at any time, but if you can let us know a day or two in advance. At the moment you won't get off the road for the snow:(
Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)

Look forward to meeting some of you soon:)
Magbrin

wagsin... lamedate luves me... honest... he told me so...:rolleyes:..
there is no one on this planet he wants to meet with more than me...he's gagin for it..:p

applaud yer hostitily:cool:.. i'll be up there at some point,
don't know when, don't know how... but untill some sunny day... etc etc etc :D

regards ;)
aj

Hezbez
03-03-2010, 16:42
Hi,

Weekend of 17th July would be good for us :)
Looks like it could be a good one :D

Caggsie
03-03-2010, 17:12
Belting around Germany for the July one, can't make the others as ensconced in the classroom. Shame as I would have been up for this - particular as the midges have all died - they have haven't they??:cool:

tresrikay
03-03-2010, 17:33
Can,t make then as my Niece is getting married on the 16th. We are heading Orkney' ward after 2nd august so would love to pop in for a night about the 4th or 5th if that would be agreeable:):):).......please.

champstar
03-03-2010, 19:22
The weekend of 17th July could be a possible for us and our friends..2 vans in total. Sounds a really good friendly place.

magbrin
03-03-2010, 19:22
tresrikay: Look forward to seeing you - will send PM :cool:

Hezbez: I've booked you in - as this is a first may need some guidance:confused:

i'll be up there at some point,
don't know when, don't know how... but untill some sunny day... etc etc etc :D

regards ;)
aj

Looks as if he wants to come on his own, some time, as yet undefined, so now there is no excuse for the rest of you;);)

Caggsie - Sorry:( but I'm sure there will be another time

Pete: Think the July gathering will be on, so keep it free ..................... hope to see you then :)

Looking good for July - lets see how many more we can get:D The others may be on, too, if we can get the numbers - lets go for it:p

lenny
03-03-2010, 19:29
Many thanks for the welcome Magbrin:), I will be keeping an eye on this one ;).

OH, AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR IMPENDING 25TH. ANNIVERSARY:)

magbrin
03-03-2010, 20:16
Many thanks for the welcome Magbrin:), I will be keeping an eye on this one ;).

OH, AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR IMPENDING 25TH. ANNIVERSARY:)

Thanks, although I have to admit we have been married a little longer:D

champstar
09-03-2010, 17:54
Just a bump to keep this thread going...cmon must be more who fancy some Higland camping.

magbrin
11-03-2010, 12:16
It's obviously too early! They think we still have snow (ssssh, we have!)
Just cme back from Carlisle via Moffat and L Tummel Signs of spring in Moffat, but not yet thawing L Tummel or Schiehallion!

Guernsey Donkey
11-03-2010, 12:55
Will be keeping a close eye on this one - should be fun.

John & Ruth
(Guernsey Donkeys) :);)

Guernsey Donkey
11-03-2010, 13:39
Come on Megbrin - how long have you been married - don't be shy nobody else is looking.

Ruth and I are coming up to our 43rd on March 23rd. and it dose't seem a day to long.

magbrin
11-03-2010, 14:22
Turn your digets around and that is where we will be in July:p

busterduster
11-03-2010, 18:57
Count us in for that date.
Will confirm a couple of days before.
No snow here on the Black Isle but a bit soggy !!
Robin

magbrin
13-03-2010, 17:15
A couple of updates:

The snow is at last retreating, but still some about:( with luck it should have gone by July
Just in case it warms up enough for the midges to come out, the stock of Skin So Soft for the shop arrived this week:p

Plenty of space for more vans for a gathering or just when you are passing

maingate
13-03-2010, 18:24
We will be up there at some point this year but probably not on the dates so far mentioned.

I am working our trips around the Championship Dog Shows as I can park up on the Showgrounds for a few days quite cheaply.

We are off up the West Coast of Scotland in just over a week and might even pop across then. We have no fixed plans and will just see how it goes.

oTTo
14-03-2010, 17:13
Hi magbrin,
we will be up in Scotland end of May/beginning of June and will try to pop in.

Best regards

oTTo

magbrin
14-03-2010, 20:05
Hi magbrin,
we will be up in Scotland end of May/beginning of June and will try to pop in.

Best regards

oTTo

Look forward to meeting you:) Let me know nearer the time and I will send some more details.

new motorhomer
28-03-2010, 08:30
Is this really an offer to anyone? You really are a very friendly lot, aren't you?! As a motorhome virgin (it's bought, but not yet arrived), what is this 12YO we won't have? (cue laughter from the pros!) And does it matter? Someone asked something about chemical waste: are there facilities for that?

magbrin
28-03-2010, 12:26
Is this really an offer to anyone? You really are a very friendly lot, aren't you?! As a motorhome virgin (it's bought, but not yet arrived), what is this 12YO we won't have? (cue laughter from the pros!) And does it matter? Someone asked something about chemical waste: are there facilities for that?
Answers:
Yes
Yes
Malt Whisky (12 Year Old)
No
Yes but preferably "green" chamicals
In that order:cool:

I will send a PM and if you have not already looked there is a page on the website which gives more detail Brin Herb Nursery - Overnight parking for motorhomes at Brin (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk/admin.asp?msg=Page%20Title%20Changed&pageID=52)

T25mash
31-03-2010, 18:31
Hello there,

Not posted before, been looking for places at home for holidays in Gromit our T25. We're off wandering round Skye, Harris and Lewis tomorrow - hoping to be able to use my Gaelic or at least hear people talk, but been told it's unlikely :(

Anyhow

This sounds wonderful! Can we come please? We have two large furries of the golden retriever variety and plenty of whisky :D

We also use green chemicals

Mrs Mash

magbrin
31-03-2010, 19:31
Hello there,

Not posted before, been looking for places at home for holidays in Gromit our T25. We're off wandering round Skye, Harris and Lewis tomorrow - hoping to be able to use my Gaelic or at least hear people talk, but been told it's unlikely :(

Anyhow

This sounds wonderful! Can we come please? We have two large furries of the golden retriever variety and plenty of whisky :D

We also use green chemicals

Mrs Mash

Firstly, you should find some gaelic speakers in Harris & Lewis, and possibly Skye as well, so hopefully you will be able to practice

We look forward to seeing you, Gromit & your goldies. If possible a day or two's notice would be good I will PM a telephone no.

Forgive my confusion - holidaying at home :), Location - California:confused:
Maybe I missed something:eek:

magbrin
31-03-2010, 19:46
PS, Mrs Mash
I think I found the answer in your first post:o:o
And maybe I misunderstood your "Can we come please?" Have now added you to the list for the gathering, but let me know if you are thinking of coming during your current trip:)

chftech
14-04-2010, 18:13
Hi there!
I have just dropped in on Magbrin's place last Saturday night and I can assure all those who intend to turn up for the Highland gathering of a VERY warm welcome from their hosts Margaret and her hubby Angus.
The setting is wonderful and very relaxing.
Here are a couple of pics.
Magbrin's House
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTRip20102031.jpg

Poly -tunnel for plants
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTripApr2010008.jpg

Part of Magbrin's driveway with my van in the foreground and the BRIN rock in the background
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTRip20102039.jpg

and finally, take a little walk along the road to see the McGillivray STAG at the Grouse and Trout hostelry (about a half mile away)
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTripApr2010011.jpg

I know all those who are intending to visit will enjoy themselves and I will definitely try and make it too in July.

Hezbez
14-04-2010, 19:46
Love the photos.

How many are 'signed up' for the July meet now?

magbrin
16-04-2010, 20:37
Hi there!
I have just dropped in on Magbrin's place last Saturday night and I can assure all those who intend to turn up for the Highland gathering of a VERY warm welcome from their hosts Margaret and her hubby Angus.
The setting is wonderful and very relaxing.
Here are a couple of pics.
Magbrin's House
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTRip20102031.jpg

Poly -tunnel for plants
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/johnhughes50/MHTripApr2010008.jpg

Thanks, John for the plug. We enjoyed having you both.

[QUOTE=Hezbez;97080]Love the photos.

How many are 'signed up' for the July meet now?

Just back from a few days south (Borders/Carlisle), will check and post over the weekend.

magbrin
18-04-2010, 20:57
As promised this is a list of probable and possible Highland gatherers for Juy:
Phantom Flyer
Hezbez
Champstar (2 vans)
Busterduster
Guernsey Donkey
bevdrew
Samfromcas
Bigboak
weez
derekfaeberwick

It is still a long way ahead and some others may come and others may not, but it's a start:)

Hezbez
09-05-2010, 16:55
I'm afraid I don't think we'll manage the Highland Gathering in July.
I've just realised the date clashes with the Northern Motorcaravan Show which we have previously committed to.

My apologies for not being able to make it. I'm sure it'll be a great weekend.

Magbrin - if it's ok we would still like to pop in and see you the next time we're up your way. I'd phone you before we came of course.

vanmandan
09-05-2010, 18:59
Hoping to stop by in the not too distant.
I'm hooking up with Barry & Margaret from MagBaz Travels (http://www.magbaztravels.com/)
for a Grand Tour of the Highlands.
we're fairly well behaved & will give you fair warning of our arrival.
Your hospitality much appreciated.
Cheers, VanManDan.

magbrin
09-05-2010, 19:57
Hoping to stop by in the not too distant.
I'm hooking up with Barry & Margaret from MagBaz Travels (http://www.magbaztravels.com/)
for a Grand Tour of the Highlands.
we're fairly well behaved & will give you fair warning of our arrival.
Your hospitality much appreciated.
Cheers, VanManDan.

Look forward to meeting you. Will PM some details:)
mmmmmmmmmm it did not go ............... you will find detais at www.brinherbnursery.co.uk

dunk
10-05-2010, 11:10
I will be in Italy during July but the Inverness area is a lovely place and I'm sure you will all enjoy your holiday in( bonnie Scotland )
all the best ;-)

dunk

champstar
01-06-2010, 20:50
Stayed at Brin for a couple of nights last weekend...would highly recommend the Highland wild gathering here in July..it is a lovely area and very quiet at night..A special thanks to our hosts..the freshly baked bread was lovley as was the carrot cake and hot choc in the tea room.

Guernsey Donkey
01-06-2010, 21:19
Stayed at Brin for a couple of nights last weekend...would highly recommend the Highland wild gathering here in July..it is a lovely area and very quiet at night..A special thanks to our hosts..the freshly baked bread was lovley as was the carrot cake and hot choc in the tea room.

I second that. :):)

samfromcas
01-06-2010, 22:38
hi magrin,just to let you know we will definitly be at yours for the 16 and 17 july if thats ok.looking forward to meeting you,and everyone who turns up. we start are hols on 2 july ,highland games at luss ,then onto oban,ferry to craignure ,tour of mull. then tobermory across to ardnamurchan,follow a881 around to fortwilliam, then fort augustus then on to yours. thats the plan but things or places may change on the way. best wishes sam and mags.:)

magbrin
03-06-2010, 21:05
hi magrin,just to let you know we will definitly be at yours for the 16 and 17 july if thats ok.looking forward to meeting you,and everyone who turns up. we start are hols on 2 july ,highland games at luss ,then onto oban,ferry to craignure ,tour of mull. then tobermory across to ardnamurchan,follow a881 around to fortwilliam, then fort augustus then on to yours. thats the plan but things or places may change on the way. best wishes sam and mags.:)

Excellent:D Will keep in touch with information.

We have now had a number of visiting vans stopping over - and thanks to those who have posted such nice things about Brin:)

I will be PMing those I can in the next few days, to see who can come, but please let me know if you are planning to come to Brin for the gathering.

Plans will include barbeque - probably on the Saturday - and if there is demand may organise evening trip to the Dores Inn, on Loch Ness (the South side). Will need to know numbers well in advance for this, especially if a) you want to eat there and b) if I am to hire the local minibus.
Other available activities could include walking, cycling, kayaking (or other non motorised boats) fishing (both off site), birdwatching etc .......................... not to mention eating, drinking, and partaking in the aforementioned bread, carrot cake and hot chocolate.

Please let me know your thoughts - hope to make it the most successful wild meet in the Highlands:D:D

samfromcas
06-06-2010, 21:08
hi magrin.will probably be bringing my canadian canoe,so may go for a paddle in one of the lochs.bbq sounds good,so does the dores inn if enough folk want to go,seen some reviews on pub looks good but does seem to get very busy. see you soon, sam & mags & tyne(bedlington xwhippet). :)

magbrin
08-06-2010, 21:34
hi magrin.will probably be bringing my canadian canoe,so may go for a paddle in one of the lochs.bbq sounds good,so does the dores inn if enough folk want to go,seen some reviews on pub looks good but does seem to get very busy. see you soon, sam & mags & tyne(bedlington xwhippet). :)

Good pub - though not cheap. Superb situation.
Have one more confirmed van - but have not finished PMing/emailing people who have expressed interest.
Plenty of paddling opportunities, not far away and expect a canine party as well:D

magbrin
01-07-2010, 21:35
Crunch time .............................. only a couple of weeks away.
Lots of you have said you hope to come, but so far only 4 vans booked (and that includes us:p) One van will be on its way tomorrow coming to us from Leeds via the west coast, Mull, and the Great Glen. Others are more local:)
Plenty of space, weather and no midges ordered, but not guaranteed:D
Remember to let me if you want me to book anything - otherwise just have a good trip up and we look forward to meeting you.
All the best
Margaret

magbrin
04-07-2010, 21:43
Revised list to date, from 4 forums:

Phantom Flyer
Samfromcas
T25Mask
Lenny
Keith
ardgour
tanktop
Dingray
Magbrin

Others from here who have expressed an interest but haven't confirmed:
Busterduster
Guernsey Donkey
bevdrew
Wee-z
Brandyman
DoriM
Chftech
tclarkie

IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT:D

Still open to suggestions as to what to do, where to go etc
See you there (here)
Magbrin

magbrin
08-07-2010, 16:31
Me again:D
10+ and hopefully still rising;)
I have just put some more information on our website. I will be PMing/emailing everyone involved later today, but in the mean time please go to Brin Herb Nursery - (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk/highland-gathering-(meet)-g.asp) Please let me know what you think:p
Magbrin

magbrin
20-07-2010, 16:33
Firstly, thanks to all of you who came to the inaugural Highland Gathering – it was truly a gathering of the clans, with 4 motorhome forums represented. I thought it might have been 6 but at the last minute 2 people didn’t come/stay and they were the only representatives from two other forums (except, of course, me!!) Also I would like to say how well brought up everyone must have been. Not only leaving the field clean and tidy but also being so fulsome in their thanks and praise. Many thanks to you all, for that, but it would not have been such a success without YOU:)

We really enjoyed ourselves, although it was a pity we were working – especially when you went to the Dores Inn on Saturday. If there is demand we will be repeating the operation again next year. I hope those of you who wanted to come but had something else planned will make it next year. The date will not be the same so please let me know if there is a better time for you.

Also please remember that we offer overnight parking (free of charge) during our season – April to September - if you are interested, and if anyone wants to organise a small group event on the field please get in touch – there may be a charge for this.

If I can get them up You will be able to view some photos. If they are not there perhaps someone can give me some tips as to how to upload an album, from Photobucket, please:confused:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/Highland%20gathering%202010/481.jpg

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/Highland%20gathering%202010/448.jpg

[IMG]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/Highland%20gathering%202010/496.jpg

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS