PDA

View Full Version : Loch Eriboll

Samson
09-03-2010, 21:08
On the A838 toward the bottom of the eastern side of Loch Eriboll there is a large hollow in the hillside where one can wild camp. It gives some cover from what is a very open, wild, and often windy location. There is an erected sign at the entrance from the landowner to the effect that wild camping is acceptable but that the owner will charge a small fee, (perhaps he calls early in the morning? ) There is a small bay here where it is possible to collect interesting and colourful samples of pebbles and rocks for ornamentation.
Map reference O.S.9. 411552.

lenny
09-03-2010, 21:33
On the A838 half way down the eastern side of Loch Eriboll there is a large hollow in the hillside that looks like a small disused quarry where one can wild camp. It gives good cover from what is a very open, wild, and often windy location. There is an erected sign at the entrance from the landowner to the effect that wild camping is acceptable but that the owner will charge a small fee, (perhaps he calls early in the morning? ) There is a small bay here where it is possible to collect interesting and colourful samples of pebbles and rocks for ornamentation.

Whoa:rolleyes:, Calm down Samson;), thats 3 excellent spots you,ve shared with us in under an hour:eek:.
Keep up the good work:cool:

Samson
17-03-2010, 18:19
Please note amendment to this site. I have added exact map reference.

maingate
17-03-2010, 20:48
Whoa, slow down samson, me pen needs some more Quink in it. :D

The younger members will be saying "what is quink". :rolleyes:

Randonneur
17-03-2010, 21:05
Whoa, slow down samson, me pen needs some more Quink in it. :D

The younger members will be saying "what is quink". :rolleyes:

We used ink cartridges when I was at school, and not the sort that go in computer printers either!!

There was always a bottle of Quink for emergencies though!

And no AJ.... you can't drink it.:eek: :eek:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS