PDA

View Full Version : Wild Camping in the South West

caroline22
15-03-2010, 11:14
Looking for places to stop overnight anywhere in the South West. Particularly Dunster beach, near Minehad, does anyone know if you can park overnight here. We have also parked up on Dartmoor overnight, didn't get asked to move or a ticket but not sure if we were meant to be there?
I'd be very grateful for any help....thanks :)

duncananderson
19-03-2010, 16:18
hi caroline22, you can park with us for free anytime. just pop in and say hello.
the portsmouth arms situated on the a377 12 miles south of barnstaple, 40 miles north of exeter. welcome to the wild side. lots of love and happy camping dee

caroline22
22-03-2010, 08:31
Dee, thanks so much for your reply - what a kind offer! I'm sure our arm could be twisted to park up in a pub carpark overnight. Good Beer & Good Food, what more could you want!!! hee hee just one thing, our springer spaniel Molly comes everywhere with us, is she allowed in your pub? Hope to see you very soon. Do you have a website? Caroline :-)

coolasluck
22-03-2010, 11:46
Looking for places to stop overnight anywhere in the South West. Particularly Dunster beach, near Minehad, does anyone know if you can park overnight here. We have also parked up on Dartmoor overnight, didn't get asked to move or a ticket but not sure if we were meant to be there?
I'd be very grateful for any help....thanks :)

Try a place called Parke run by the national trust,its a lovely place for a good quiet nights kip and a nice walk or ramble too.There are public toilets there too that are nice and clean.We went there for our first nights wilding last year.
There are no parking restrictions and is situated just off bovey tracey going onto the widdecombe in the moor road.
Also try the Burrator resevoir or the Maristow Nature Reserve on the Tavistock road which also leads to the Burrator Ressevoir;)

Just been on holiday to the Quantocks and were going to go to the Dunster Beach but didnt get the time,we have been before but could not remember if we could wild down there.I suspect you could but if not Dunster is a lovely place and i can reccomend the castle if in the National Trust if not join its a great cause and fab value for money.

caroline22
22-03-2010, 13:07
Thanks for that. I'm thinking that spot on Dartmoor may be where we have been before, I can remember it wasn't far from Bovey Tracey, my partner, Clyde pointed out a stop (with toilets) but we carried on just a little further up the road as I thought the views looked better! We had a lovely night there, we felt like we were the only people on Dartmoor & the sunrise was just breathtaking!

Will def try the other spots though, let me know if you find anywhere else & I'll do the same. Thanks again. Caroline

duncananderson
29-03-2010, 18:04
Dee, thanks so much for your reply - what a kind offer! I'm sure our arm could be twisted to park up in a pub carpark overnight. Good Beer & Good Food, what more could you want!!! hee hee just one thing, our springer spaniel Molly comes everywhere with us, is she allowed in your pub? Hope to see you very soon. Do you have a website? Caroline :-)

of course your dog is allowed in the pub. we have quite a few four legged customers!THE PORTSMOUTH ARMS HOTEL,DEVON Home - THE PORTSMOUTH ARMS HOTEL,DEVON (http://theportsmoutharmshotel.wetpaint.com)

Cornishaich
29-03-2010, 21:29
Come down to Marazion you can park between the Station House PH and Marazion with wonderful views to the Mount our watch the kite / wind surfers.
Failing that come off the A30 and go up the Marizion bypass toward Helston there are lay bys on either side of the road and no one moves you on. Please bring the sun with you. Harry:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS