PDA

View Full Version : Southport

jeffmossy
17-03-2010, 18:27
Just spent the weekend near the lake at the side of the pier (were all the motorbikes gather) .Go down the side of the pier and there is a big free carpark that no one uses (facing the lake).had no problems with anyone and quet at night.Was also talking with a policeman late on saturday night and he never batted a eye lid about us being there ;)

tommytli
31-03-2010, 22:16
where abouts is this? we are looking for somewhere in southport but they seems to be a lot of car parks when you look on google maps, which is the best place to go nearest the beach? co-ordanate would be good so i can look on the street view before we go. thanks tommy

jeffmossy
01-04-2010, 19:26
Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.650005,-3.008044&spn=0.002798,0.006748&z=17) Have a look here it is just to the left of nevill st across the road on the promenade.There is a big merry go round there at the end of the peir.Just to the left there is a small road that goes down the side of the pier towards the lake(you can see a small cafe down there) well we went down there and parked at the side of the peir car park with no probs and my motorhome is 6.2mts long so access is ok.

bikertec
05-04-2010, 17:35
Failing that I have just come back from the weekend there. Parked up at Marsh carpar at the end of Marshside lane off marine drive. Most nights had atleast 3 campers. Off Topic I left my lights on first night and had to call RAC out for a flat battery and was told it would take 2 to 3 hours to get to me, for gods sake where where they coming from london. :( Got a jump from camper next door.

tommytli
05-04-2010, 22:10
cheers guys, i ended up staying at the side of pleasure land there was a rally on and they let me stay even though i wasnt a member:)

bikertec
06-04-2010, 22:06
I spotted that one but I think it was Caravaning club thing and said members only, so ended using the one down the road.;)

vdubberx2
07-04-2010, 01:25
I've parked up there for the day, have to try an overnight now, thanks.:)

Neckender
05-05-2011, 15:59
We stopped at Southport last Thursday night untill Bank holiday monday, on the green behind the pleasure land, it's the private car park, no one came for any money and on Friday morning I went to the parking attendant to pay, and his words were I havn't seen you come on, so 4 nights for free. A few motorhomes stopped the nights on Marine drive itself and no one moved them on.

John.

trish
05-05-2011, 21:22
Glad you enjoyed your free sites. We paid 96 for the security of a CC site and got our two valuable bikes stolen. They were double locked on the bike rack and we were 1 camper away from their cctv. Dont think we ll ever be back.

hotrodjay
08-07-2011, 08:38
Spent a few nights camped in the small carpark at the ainsdale end of marine drive just off the small roundabout! wardens came round to empty bins twice a day and said hello and never asked me to move :) have been back a fw time since and never had no bother.

Canalsman
08-07-2011, 15:22
Spent a few nights camped in the small carpark at the ainsdale end of marine drive just off the small roundabout! wardens came round to empty bins twice a day and said hello and never asked me to move :) have been back a fw time since and never had no bother.

Thanks for the information - I've added this spot to the wild camping POI database :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS