PDA

View Full Version : York City Centre

JG992
18-03-2010, 02:55
Thought I'd spend a night in York.... have read the thread below....

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/6602-york-sun-wed-town-ctr.html

anyone any updates on this?
|Cheers:)|

darren
23-03-2010, 08:54
just wondering if you stayed in york,what was it like,safe and secure etc,had also read the city centre post like the sound of it

l77 tuf
23-03-2010, 11:54
thatas my thread ye its good just not ever going back due to council and the stunts they pull they have lost our business sorry to say due to a jobsworth no nothing idiot

JG992
24-03-2010, 09:01
and i didnt end up staying there as got that norovirus which wasnt pleasant.. however I have been stung by York City Council before...

Chrissy
24-03-2010, 09:39
and i didnt end up staying there as got that norovirus which wasnt pleasant.. however I have been stung by York City Council before...

Hi, we wanted use this site but are not sure if it is OK now - what do you mean you've been stung??? :eek:

JG992
24-03-2010, 11:38
lol it was years ago and they were just a little over zealous... i'd left my car in an overnight car park as had ended up having a drink and I collected it at 09 hrs. Ticket expired at 0900hrs. Car park attendant was a right... well never mind... and gave me a ticket... Sunday morning 5 minutes late to collect my car.... not very Christian....

vera
24-03-2010, 13:10
Hi Chrissy-Just had a look on York Parking website and found this

St George's Field car park - City of York Council (http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/Parking/Car_parks/st_georges_fld/)

It does not mention Motorhomes.We stayed at Rowntree last winter and I seem to think there was a sign saying no Motorhomes on the bays where the coaches park, but there were some vans (white van man) parked up overnight.
If you search the parking website or the park and ride website I am sure their is roadside parking for Motorhomes near the Sainsburys store.
Someone did tell us we could park at the lorry park but we have never confirmed this- Sue

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS