PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans

Haaamster
19-03-2010, 05:17
Hi all, has anyone ever been to the Le Mans race, I am this year and wondered if there are any good spots to wild camp nearby where we won't get moved on.

Dezi
19-03-2010, 07:25
Hi all, has anyone ever been to the Le Mans race, I am this year and wondered if there are any good spots to wild camp nearby where we won't get moved on.

Hi, We have attended Le Mans a couple of times in the last 10 years. Last time about 4 years ago. Parking / camping is part of the package. I go to the red area (secteur rouge) and usually find a couple of dozen others in motorhomes already in situ. Make sure you arrive early so that you can meander around the pit areas & collect all the free posters etc for souvenirs Hope this helps.

Dezi

l77 tuf
19-03-2010, 09:47
drove through there a few times the main road is nxt to the track you can see the track as you drive past

guerdeval
19-03-2010, 14:23
Don't bother to try, you're wildcamping anyway as all of the sites are just fields,there are toilet blocks erected with showers but other than that you're on your own, well not really, there are over 100,000 others doing the same so just lay back and soak up the atmosphere. Its mostly tents with a couple of dedicated motorhome fields but to be honest go with the tenters especially the Danes, they are great and totally mad. Expect very little sleep, there are barbies and parties through the early hours and obviously all night on race day.Try to be a few days early if you can carry enough water as the practice is really good, funfair not so big nowadays, if you plan to turn up and get tickets thats no problem but have a drive round first to see which area suits you best, lots take extra transport, bikes, buggies,quads,you name it and its there, I even saw a German guy on a fully flushing toilet with an engine on it!!another made out of nothing but beer cans and an engine! honestly until you see a guy sitting on a frying pan being towed around the field by a quadbike at 40mph you ain't seen nuthin!

Haaamster
20-03-2010, 10:31
Thanks for the replies folk, was intending to go Portsmouth TO cherbourg but they was to sell me a cabin foor 300 :mad:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS