PDA

View Full Version : North of Scotland November 2009

Braighe
19-03-2010, 17:50
Benefits of wildcamping in the North in November

No midges. Plenty of wildcamping sites - weather surprisingly good. Roads very quiet - very very quiet. And of course No midges.

The only real problem was dumping toilet waste. A lot of public toilets closed for the winter.

Stopped at :-

Nigg Bay

Kildonan ( a spot of gold panning - very cold)

Lybster

John O' Groats

Dunnet Head

Tongue

Durness

River Dionard

Loch Stack

Loch Merkland

Of course we were hardly home when the weather changed drastically.

Still it is well worth considering that time of year if only for the peace and quiet.

Here's a slideshow of part of the trip on Flickr Motorhome Trip November 2009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/braighe/sets/72157623160830588/show/)

Randonneur
19-03-2010, 18:10
Excellent slide show, super photos. :D

We're going up the west coast in may and we're really looking forward to it!

Belgian
19-03-2010, 19:00
Very nice :)
Now, could you give us the coordinates of these spots too ? :confused::rolleyes:

Braighe
22-03-2010, 06:42
Very nice :)
Now, could you give us the coordinates of these spots too ? :confused::rolleyes:

Thanks for your comment.

I think most of these spots are already documented in their respective areas.

robnchris
06-04-2010, 08:25
Hi Braighe,

Excellent photos really quite stunning, we are touring Scotland in June and look forward to finding similar remote and beautiful places.

Rob and Chris.

Pajkoi
06-04-2010, 09:20
Cracking photos Braighe!!...what type of camera was you using if you dont mind me asking!

Atb Stu!

magbrin
06-04-2010, 09:53
We were at L Merkland for a night in October, disturbed only by rutting stags:D
Excellent pictures - thanks for sharing them
And to those who have never been - if you are really into the wild the North of Scotland is full of remote places:D

Boxerman
06-04-2010, 14:28
Here's a slideshow of part of the trip on Flickr Motorhome Trip November 2009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/braighe/sets/72157623160830588/show/)

Beautiful - can you wonder why we go back year after year? Douneray was the odd one out though!

Rgds
Frank

kimbowbill
06-04-2010, 16:51
Benefits of wildcamping in the North in November

No midges. Plenty of wildcamping sites - weather surprisingly good. Roads very quiet - very very quiet. And of course No midges.

The only real problem was dumping toilet waste. A lot of public toilets closed for the winter.

Stopped at :-

Nigg Bay

Kildonan ( a spot of gold panning - very cold)

Lybster

John O' Groats

Dunnet Head

Tongue

Durness

River Dionard

Loch Stack

Loch Merkland

Of course we were hardly home when the weather changed drastically.

Still it is well worth considering that time of year if only for the peace and quiet.

Fab pikies, we'll be up there in June

J

Braighe
09-04-2010, 15:03
Cracking photos Braighe!!...what type of camera was you using if you dont mind me asking!

Atb Stu!

Hi!
Thank you for your kind comments. I use Olympus E-1 & E500 cameras and lenses. I'm just back from a fortnight up the Angus glens and Kinloch Rannoch area. Still very quiet up the glens. Not so quiet over Killin way - a lot of people on the campsites around that area.

Daveportsmouth
09-04-2010, 15:08
Excellent slide show, super photos. :D

We're going up the west coast in may and we're really looking forward to it!

What dates you up there? we are there 16th to 25th May, I'm still trying to work out what route to do..lol

Randonneur
09-04-2010, 15:35
What dates you up there? we are there 16th to 25th May, I'm still trying to work out what route to do..lol

Yeah that's about the time we're up there too, give or take a day or two.

We're not doing any islands this year so we'll be following the coast as far up as we've time for, then coming down through the middle bit or the east coast. We have'nt planned a route yet we're still thinking about it, if we find somewhere nice we may well stop for 2 - 3 days then move on.

regards,

Dave.

jimmyt
21-02-2013, 18:53
we did same trip last march again weather was great concidering great scenery and great pics by you thanks for sharing
jimmyt

Randonneur
21-02-2013, 20:08
Just looked through your slide show again, getting itchy wheels now. :scared:

Hopefully up the west coast again august / september time. :wave:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS