PDA

View Full Version : Central Manchester

wynnielafreak
21-12-2006, 23:06
I'm Planning on going full time early spring and wondered if any one knows of any good central overnight places in Manchester.
I know there are lots of parking spaces but they are only till 8am and for a night owl thats a bit early to be rising to move on.

rogerangie
22-12-2006, 17:17
Could I ask a question? Why do you want central Manchester in a campervan.

wynnielafreak
22-12-2006, 17:28
im a performer and travel all over but manchester will still be my base, friends etc

PCi
22-12-2006, 21:37
:D There you go sorted the perfect WILD camping spot :rolleyes:

YOUR FRIENDS DRIVEWAY :p

wynnielafreak
22-12-2006, 21:50
unfortunately only one has a drive way and a car on it, just thought anyone may know of parks or canal side spots etc ? I have a fantsatic private car park outside my flat, which i will be leaving in a couple of months (waterloo park M8 if anyones interested) but youll have to bide your time to get in and out of the electronic gate when some one goes through it with a remote. and before anyone suggestes i stay here my landlord also does and lets just say I owe him :D

John Dough
18-01-2007, 13:34
Hi Winnie, You could try Kings Road Stretford there is a car park at the roundabout beside a pub and chipper might be a bit noisy at closing time but is much quieter later and not too far from the M60.Another alternative although a bit further out is the Lymm truck stop on the M6 which is supervised 24hrs and have stayed there quite a few times and no problems.

hymercamper
04-10-2008, 15:50
Spoke to parking attendant today and he said there would be no problem parking or overnighting as long as you pay ticket for 2 days (3 per 24 hours)as ticket expires at 5 am, there was a couple of Dutch flower lorrys at back of car park that had been there a couple days.If one of the days is a sunday thats only 1 for 24 hours.The car park is the Boddingtons Car park, corner of Great Ducie St and Trinity Way which is the old Boddington Brewery site and is overlooked by **********s prison so handy for visiting, but also facing the main entrance to the M.E.N Arena and only a ten minute walk into the Centre of Manchester.
Rob

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS