PDA

View Full Version : Skye & Western Isles 2010

Alzi1967
27-03-2010, 20:22
Just wondering if anyone is plannig any trips to skye and the western isles this year. I hope to get up there around the 1st week in august.

reggaj
28-03-2010, 15:52
Did it last year and it was fantastic, make sure you book all your ferry crossings well in advance;)

Fencerman
29-03-2010, 19:41
Just wondering if anyone is plannig any trips to skye and the western isles this year. I hope to get up there around the 1st week in august.

Yup we are going to Scotland first 2 weeks Sept.Did Western Isles last year.Have been to Wester Ross for last 3 years ,but rented cottage.Now got m/h bug!!This year going to Wester Ross again (dog you know etc), then on to Skye,ferry to Mallaig and have a look at Ardnamurchan.Just hiring this year and look around later when we have a better idea what m/h we may want.

kangooroo
29-03-2010, 20:26
I'll be heading there - but in May. I've no set route yet - it will depend on the weather and where I fancy heading at the time.

Alzi1967
30-03-2010, 13:03
Thanks for all your reply's , I should have added in my Initial post :

I have been to scotland each summer twice for the last 3 years have done Inverness / Black Isle up to dunnet head on the East coast , Unfortunatly find it a bit bland except for channory point where we watched the dolphins.

The next year was the Entire west coast from Mallaig up to Sheigra , this was 2 adults and 4 children in a Landrover Discovery using Tents,the last day was a drive from sheigra all the way accross the north coast to dunnet head in a force 9 gale., hoping to pitch the tent somewhere near John o'groats, WRONG , the wind never stopped and I ended up driving all the way back down to Inverness , where we slept in the Landrover.- Never Again !!!

After this we decided Camper needed

A 2001 Transit LWB Hi roof Diy Converted now accomodates 2 adults 2 Teenagers and, 2 10yr old Boys.

Last year we did the West coast from Loch Fyne upwards just missing out the mull of kintyre but included the island of Mull , Arnamuchan point and skye all the way up to sheigra Including up and over Belach na ba (Applecross) this took us 18 days We can't get enough of the scenery. Mostly Wilding , just stayed on sites 4 nights , This was mainly to do laundry (Glen Nevis and Uig on Skye), Till we discovered the Laundry in Broadford.

This year we are Hoping to get to the Uist's, Harris & Lewis.

So hopefully we may see some of you along the way !!

ajs
30-03-2010, 13:37
I'll be heading there - but in May. I've no set route yet - it will depend on the weather and where I fancy heading at the time.

i'm not rabbit sittin for you:p
so you'll have to take em with you..:rolleyes:

regards ;)
aj

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS