PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only ................

magbrin
09-04-2010, 20:09
As indicated in "singe female motor homers" thread I would be happy to see if we can get something going for the fairer sex.
I am happy for any of you ladies to come to our nursery (Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)) but thought that it would be good if we could go off for a few days, from here, depending where the best weather is. Any suggestions of dates, things to do, favourite places within say 50 - 75 miles of Inverness which would take a few vans, etc would be welcome.

To start you off: June has already been suggested, I can make suggestions of walks, cycle routes, some wild camping spots that will take a few vans, and some good pubs/eating places/drives etc.

Please let me know if you are female & interested.

I do have a small problem - work:eek: However I think I should be able to wangle a day or two off, as long as I allow the other half a day or two of for some fishing:p
Lets see what we can do
Margaret
Any boys reading this - go back to your toys .....................

irenerobbie
09-04-2010, 21:15
hi Margaret, I.m definately in for the meet. I will walk the west highland way the week of the general election (for obvious reasons) and then I,m a free agentess for the rest of the summer. I,ve got an inflatable kayak so water would be nice but not essential, K

Tigatigatiger
10-04-2010, 16:37
Bum can't make June-but would love to come along (a somewhere close to 1000 mile round trip bit to far for the weekend)

When I had my dear little 33 year old Hymer Eriba caravan, we had a few "girls" weekend trips (I'm still allowed to go as I now have a hymer MH).

A number of the lady Eriba Forum members, always travelled alone and never had any problems. I've caravaned on my own and it was not a problem. As I have just arranged to have most of the summer off work, I shall be MHing on my own for certain.

Paula

We could do another girlie weekend somewhere in the middle?? Derbyshire Dales?

magbrin
10-04-2010, 19:25
Bum can't make June-but would love to come along (a somewhere close to 1000 mile round trip bit to far for the weekend)

When I had my dear little 33 year old Hymer Eriba caravan, we had a few "girls" weekend trips (I'm still allowed to go as I now have a hymer MH).

A number of the lady Eriba Forum members, always travelled alone and never had any problems. I've caravaned on my own and it was not a problem. As I have just arranged to have most of the summer off work, I shall be MHing on my own for certain.

Paula

We could do another girlie weekend somewhere in the middle?? Derbyshire Dales?

June is only a suggestion ................ would you be able to come any other time? Late May? or possibly August/September - if that suits Kate? Margaret

irenerobbie
11-04-2010, 17:35
hi folks, apart from 1st 10 days in May, i'm free 'till Ihead back to Spain in Sept. but i feel if the date is too far in the future , the event goes a bit stale. May be just go for a date in June and see how it developes?

derekfaeberwick
11-04-2010, 21:21
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/luvslumpy/little-britain-cover-1.jpg

Can we come?;)

magbrin
12-04-2010, 07:15

Can we come?;)

No, but we might consider the page boys:confused::confused:M
PS cant work out which is you and which is Wee - but that is not for this thread:eek:

magbrin
12-04-2010, 07:16
hi folks, apart from 1st 10 days in May, i'm free 'till Ihead back to Spain in Sept. but i feel if the date is too far in the future , the event goes a bit stale. May be just go for a date in June and see how it developes?

Will wait to see who else is coming - but late May/ Early June looks best. M

ajs
12-04-2010, 08:30

Can we come?;)

looks like you already have....:eek:

regards:p
aj

magbrin
12-04-2010, 09:23
Please boys ...................... leave it to us:mad:

I don't want the real ladies to be put off by your larks:(
There is plenty of space elsewhere for you lot:D

Tigatigatiger
12-04-2010, 09:30
Will wait to see who else is coming - but late May/ Early June looks best. M

Would love to come along but May/June is a no go-exam time here at university.

I have just arranged to have the complete summer off (no we don't normaly get the whole summer off!) so to ask for time off in exam time-no hoper!

Have Fun!

and if any so called "ladies" turn up, try talking about ladies problems in depth-most men run a mile!

derekfaeberwick
16-04-2010, 18:29
Please boys ...................... leave it to us:mad:

I don't want the real ladies to be put off by your larks:(
There is plenty of space elsewhere for you lot:D

Meaning?

WE ARE LADIES!:p

Sorry, looked like you needed a wee bump.:o

magbrin
16-04-2010, 20:31
Meaning?

WE ARE LADIES!:p

Sorry, looked like you needed a wee bump.:o

You could have fooled me:(
Not sure whether to say thanks for the bump or something ladies like me don't say:p

stuffygluepit
22-04-2010, 21:12
but iam miles and miles away in the south...:(

fab idea though...

Steph and Monty the motorhome....

isitfridayyet
24-04-2010, 19:32
i am new to MHing on my own and Im really keen to get out and start to make friends. and need to get over the first time nerves Inverness just may be too far I am only 30 miles from the south coast but like some of the others have mentioned, maybe us southerners could do something similar?

maingate
24-04-2010, 19:53
Hi isitfridayyet,

Are you a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club?
If so, they have a lot of Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites in the South.

If you join, you will get the monthly magazine with all of the dates and venues. The vast majority will be caravanners but it is a good way to get some practice and confidence. The facilities are very basic. Just a water supply and chemical disposal point so it is semi-wildcamping.

We will be at Weymouth on a THS at the end of May and into June. Might see you there.:D

isitfridayyet
24-04-2010, 20:23
thanks yes i am and just started to do a few rallies last year but with a partner, i know it is just a matter of going to a few and making friends i will keep that weekend in mind

frostybow
25-04-2010, 06:26
fairer sex he he oops wife just caught me your the best bummer::::p

ajs
25-04-2010, 12:33
but iam miles and miles away in the south...:(

fab idea though...

Steph and Monty the motorhome....

yes... you should get on well here muffystewglit:eek:

regards:rolleyes:
aj

magbrin
06-05-2010, 20:05
Now working towards our ladies only meet in the Highlands in early June. I will be PMing one or two of you who have said you may be interested, in the next few days, but don't wait for the PM let me know if you can come:D

Exact days tbc, depending on who can come and when, but plan could be to meet one evening at Brin (near Inverness) to plan the next few days. Then depending on weather, interests and number of vans we would have one - three days travelling.

All ladies are welcome, and can join the whole trip or meet up with us somewhere along our route:p

Looking forward to meeting you
- Margaret

PS. If any men turn up - they will be put to work on the nursery for the duration:D:D:D

tclarkie
06-05-2010, 22:09
Hi i am up for it, i love scotland and i need a break and i am female too:). Any dates are fine so just pm me nearer the time as it gives me abit longer to finish van off.

Looking forward for a ladies only meet, no men!! Aww bliss!!:D
Tracey

Tigatigatiger
07-05-2010, 11:13
i am new to MHing on my own and Im really keen to get out and start to make friends. and need to get over the first time nerves Inverness just may be too far I am only 30 miles from the south coast but like some of the others have mentioned, maybe us southerners could do something similar?

So why don't we organize a southern meet? or better still one in the middle??

Any girlies interested in joining us? Suggestions for dates? and places??

No drag queens or trannies (as in men dressed as ladies-not trannies as in transit vans).

magbrin
07-05-2010, 12:01
Hi i am up for it, i love scotland and i need a break and i am female too:). Any dates are fine so just pm me nearer the time as it gives me abit longer to finish van off.

Looking forward for a ladies only meet, no men!! Aww bliss!!:D
Tracey

Great, Tracey :D will PM when it is back up, we have at least one other - and hopefully some more will join us.

So why don't we organize a southern meet? or better still one in the middle??

Any girlies interested in joining us? Suggestions for dates? and places??

No drag queens or trannies (as in men dressed as ladies-not trannies as in transit vans).

At risk of being misunderstood (easy done on a forum of any sort:() and I do think a meet further south a good idea, but could you start an new thread for this as otherwise we might get a bit confused:confused:
Thanks, and look forward to meeting you later in the year
Margaret

tony
07-05-2010, 12:21
could i join the ladies if i "dress" up & promise to behave like all the other girls & call myself toni ?

magbrin
07-05-2010, 12:31
could i join the ladies if i "dress" up & promise to behave like all the other girls & call myself toni ?

:confused: Do we have to spell it out in words of one syllable::confused:

NO MEN MAY COME TO OUR GIRLS' MEETS:D

However you would be very welcome, Tony or Toni, at our Highland Gathering in July:D

Tigatigatiger
07-05-2010, 12:33
Great, Tracey :D will PM when it is back up, we have at least one other - and hopefully some more will join us.

At risk of being misunderstood (easy done on a forum of any sort:() and I do think a meet further south a good idea, but could you start an new thread for this as otherwise we might get a bit confused:confused:
Thanks, and look forward to meeting you later in the year
Margaret

Hi Margaret

You are right-I will start a new thread......................

I do wish I could join you in scotland, I may swing by when we are up there for most of July-can't wait!

Paula

irenerobbie
09-05-2010, 13:58
Hi Margaret , I,ve been "wilding" for the last wee while on the east shores of Loch Lomond (grreat time) and have lost track of what happening with the girls meet but still up for it.

magbrin
09-05-2010, 20:18
Hi Margaret

You are right-I will start a new thread......................

I do wish I could join you in scotland, I may swing by when we are up there for most of July-can't wait!

Paula

Thanks Paula and look forward to seeing you in July:D Perhaps you could make the gathering?

Hi Margaret , I,ve been "wilding" for the last wee while on the east shores of Loch Lomond (grreat time) and have lost track of what happening with the girls meet but still up for it.

Glad you're having a good time. Not sure if you got the visitor message I sent. Only one other van, so far, but plan to meet here Sun or Mon 6/7th June and plan route, for few days according to weather, distances, activities etc. See you're going S later in the week, but I will have to be back to work on 10th:mad: Perhaps you could confirm that this suits you. Thanks M.

irenerobbie
10-05-2010, 06:30
Margaret, I only work 1 week in 4 and guess what , the weekend beginning 7th june is working week.. It,s so difficult to suit everyone. I,m free the week before but hoping to go to the borders meet . Life is just one big turning of the wheels, great.
Kate

magbrin
10-05-2010, 10:03
Margaret, I only work 1 week in 4 and guess what , the weekend beginning 7th june is working week.. It,s so difficult to suit everyone. I,m free the week before but hoping to go to the borders meet . Life is just one big turning of the wheels, great.
Kate

C'est la vie!
Unfortunately I have commitments the previous week:mad:

Any other ladies out there?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS