PDA

View Full Version : Chauvigny

runnach
13-04-2010, 09:39
Chauvigny: Up around medieval castle there is a large and small car park, within the smaller car park there are public toilets, this is the second time late at night I have passed to view MH,s parked up for the evening, next time I,m over that way I,ll check for information re; this area is an Aire?

Belgian
13-04-2010, 12:02
Hi,
Is that the smallparking under the castle next to the park ?
If it is, it's not an aire; only a parking. As far as I remember it should be a nice overnight spot. I remember also there was a parking at the swimming pool at the bank of the Vienne river.

Motorhomer
13-04-2010, 17:44
Quote your post

We operated a limited post viewing system that means you can only view 10 posts in the Wild Camping Sites and Pub Stop Over Sections each week. To enjoy unlimited access and extra site features you will need to Register as a member then become a Site Supporter. A site supporter subscription only costs 15.00 per year and you could save that the first night that you wildcamp!

Already a Site Supporter? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

--------------------------------------------------------

We have been away for easter and shepton show to come back to this bombshell. Not much notice 15 fee!!!. Your email of the 5th april to me says 10 a year to receive info freely given by members. What a huge price rise in a few days. I would love the income you will be getting from info freely given. My pension dont run to this added expense. We have never wildcamped in UK anyway so for me a waste of money. In Europe we use the aires book

Incidentally part of your email OH found ofensive

runnach
14-04-2010, 06:20
Hi,
Is that the smallparking under the castle next to the park ?
If it is, it's not an aire; only a parking. As far as I remember it should be a nice overnight spot. I remember also there was a parking at the swimming pool at the bank of the Vienne river.

No no, this is up by the castle, there are two carparks, the smaller with toilets is where I haved viewed vans parked up for the night. I think what you are refering to is next to the lake, this is a official camp site. Grath mentioned he has used the latter?

As I said, I,m not sure if an aire, but handy to know if one is stuck for a night!

Cheers.............

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS