PDA

View Full Version : Have your own lists

Belgian
14-04-2010, 08:52
For those going to France: here’s a very good site:
camping-car: stationnements, aires de services, bons coins, BTS, annuaire étapes ACCL (http://a.ccl.free.fr/annuaire/accueil.htm)
Click on a department of the green map and you get a list of spots in that department
Easy to make a file of it: copy and paste the those lists.
Not only ‘aires’ but also some wilding spots too !
The ‘bts’ spots are special: (bts = beauté, tranquilité, sécurité: nice, quiet and safe)
Only: it it in French :eek:
Here is an English key
1. localisation
2. code: ‘cap’ = possible stop over, ‘bc’ = good spot, ‘bts’
3. source: ‘mairie’ = municipality, ‘OT’ = tourist office, ‘ccariste’ = motorhomer, ‘aire privé’ = private, ‘relais Ccland’ = belongs to a chain
4. ‘jour seulement’ = only at day, ‘nuit seulement’ = only night, ‘jour et nuit’ = day & night, ‘devenu interdit’ = forbidden
5. ‘localisation / ville principale’ = nearest town
6. ‘situation depuis centre commune, descriptif, signe descriptif’ = from the towncentre, description, signposted
7. ‘as: aire services’ = service area, ‘ap: services + parking’ , ‘asp: permanente
8. ‘eau’ = water suply
9. .’vidange: eaux usées’ = water drain
10. ‘k7’ = chemical wc drain
11. ‘parking payant’ = pay parking, ‘hs: hors saison’ = out of touristic season
12. hotspot wifi
14. bts with picture

Voilà c’est simple comme bonjour :rolleyes::p

Nolly
14-04-2010, 12:57
Trés Bien Leo.:)
Can confirm that this is a really good site especially if your looking for wild spots. Came across it last week just before we left on our river trip, and I recon it could well be all you need for motorhoming in France. Would have posted it myself but as usual you are on the ball.:o
One of the wild sites mentioned is just down the road from us in Branges dept 71, Square American we were there only yesterday as its a great spot for a picnic. I've never posted this particular spot on here before as its also popular with travellers in the summer and last year we did have alot of problems with them.:(
Putting that aside another good site you've brought to everyones attention.:)
Nolly.

coolasluck
14-04-2010, 13:26
Any ideas of how to get in english?;)

Belgian
14-04-2010, 13:27
Merci Nolly,:)
About 'travellers': these people are never allowed with their caravans on motorhome parkings and certainly not on aires in France . Sometimes there is even a sign 'Interdit aux gens de voyage'. Local gendarmerie and police will have them removed if you should feel discomfort or unsafety. They have their own locations but it seems they prefer aires. These people are mostly not that welcome for in no time a spot could be detoriated.:mad:
In some villages you'll see a blue sign with a caravan on it and 'Interdit; s'adresser à la mairie' This does not apply for motorhome tourists only for 'gens de voyage' or 'travellers' = gypsies.
Remember: wilding is allowed in France, for a short period, without disturbance and not showing camping attitudes. IOW: RESPECT
- Respect the environment
- Elect to use un-crowded aires
- Shop locally
- Park responsibly
- Exercise coutreous behaviour
- Communicate with others
- Totally abide by these rules
(from Aires by Vicarious Books)
Don't fear to post a wilding spot you discovered on the continent. (most 'travellers' don't speak a word English :p)
Leo

Belgian
14-04-2010, 13:39
Any ideas of how to get in english?;)
Nope,
That why I translated the key in English. It will help somewhat, but I'm afraid you should translate the directions yourself or via translator site: Gratis vertalen | Gratis online vertaling Frans, Engels, ... (http://www.elanlanguages.com/nl/online-vertalen/)
This is really the best one. But then: it is in Dutch :eek:(have it translated from Dutch > English héhé :p)
No problem: only translate the Dutch into English, translate the French into English and there you go (down the drain :p);):rolleyes:

coolasluck
14-04-2010, 14:00
Nope,
That why I translated the key in English. It will help somewhat, but I'm afraid you should translate the directions yourself or via translator site: Gratis vertalen | Gratis online vertaling Frans, Engels, ... (http://www.elanlanguages.com/nl/online-vertalen/)
This is really the best one. But then: it is in Dutch :eek:(have it translated from Dutch > English héhé :p)
No problem: only translate the Dutch into English, translate the French into English and there you go (down the drain :p);):rolleyes:

Maybe i should brush up on my dutch:D

Nolly
14-04-2010, 14:12
Désolé Leo did'nt mean to undermine your thread.:o
It was just an uncommon experience we had last year on this particular spot,they are normally parked up for the summer 2 hundred metres further along.
But lets not blight your thread with these negitives.:)
All my translation is done with a permently installed google toolbar translator, translates any language you want.
Nolly

Mudders
18-06-2010, 16:12
Thanks for the info on the site. We live in Matha, near Cognac, but are always looking for nice spots to go for a couple of nights, preferably free. Your translation was great as well, although my French is passable. If anyone's passing, there's a great little site in Matha, free, sometimes with elec, sometimes not, but within walking distance of the town and the local pizza restaurant, great spot to stop on your way south

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS