PDA

View Full Version : west wales satdee

ajs
15-04-2010, 20:08

heading out west wales way satdee for the day...anyone out and about wanameet up:confused::confused::confused:
let me know... :cool:

i could do with nickin someones decent battery yer see..:rolleyes:

regards :rolleyes:
aj

rebbyvid
15-04-2010, 20:30
You mean you hope you are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

rebbyvid
15-04-2010, 20:33
i could do with nickin someones decent battery yer see[/SIZE][/I]..:rolleyes:
aj
I got a spare battery,a generator,a decent battery charger,a power pack that would start a van,jump leads:).What do you want to borrow:p:p

zeezee16
15-04-2010, 20:47
You mean you hope you are :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Your spare wheel, dont forget it next friday.
Cheers, Pete

rebbyvid
15-04-2010, 20:57
Wrapped up in the hall ready:D:D be saturday as i'm working in the morning

biggirafe
15-04-2010, 21:04

heading out west wales way satdee for the day...anyone out and about wanameet up:confused::confused::confused:
let me know... :cool:

i could do with nickin someones decent battery yer see..:rolleyes:

aj

we will be here at CC&C meeting aparently you can jus drive up and pay ya £5.
GL19 4NQ

rebbyvid
15-04-2010, 21:07
GL19 4NQ
If you can get the van started:eek::eek::eek:

mrsBiggirafe
15-04-2010, 21:11
LMAO

again and again

Nic

ajs
15-04-2010, 21:23

yer bunch of nastids:p... i hate you lot..:mad:

regards :o
aj

it will be running by temorra night... honest :confused:

kangooroo
15-04-2010, 23:02
Whereabouts in West Wales?

ajs
16-04-2010, 00:13
Whereabouts in West Wales?

no idea...no plans as yet...so i may just drive...and stop when i'm hungry and thirsty :D

having said that.. i do like montgomery and it's castle :cool:.. thinking of moving there ... seen a nice hotel for sale...:D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

kangooroo
16-04-2010, 01:08
It's not an area I know - yet!

I could possibly be tempted - or to the Elan Valley, Brecon Beacons, Ogmore or even Tintern...

bevdrew
16-04-2010, 11:06
no idea...no plans as yet...so i may just drive...and stop when i'm hungry and thirsty :D

having said that.. i do like montgomery and it's castle :cool:.. thinking of moving there ... seen a nice hotel for sale...:D

aj

Pub with campsite in Montgomery for sale here

VILLAGE PUBLIC HOUSE WITH RESTAURANT PLUS CARAVAN & CAMPING SITE - MONTGOMERY, POWYS for sale | Restaurants for sale - Wales UK (http://www.daltonsbusiness.com/caravan-parks-for-sale/village-public-house-with-restaurant-plus-caravan-Wales-uk/220937)

Bev

maingate
16-04-2010, 13:12
When you reach the coast AJ, just keep going.:p

ajs
16-04-2010, 16:21
Pub with campsite in Montgomery for sale here

VILLAGE PUBLIC HOUSE WITH RESTAURANT PLUS CARAVAN & CAMPING SITE - MONTGOMERY, POWYS for sale | Restaurants for sale - Wales UK (http://www.daltonsbusiness.com/caravan-parks-for-sale/village-public-house-with-restaurant-plus-caravan-Wales-uk/220937)

Bev

that's the 1... on my way to view tomorrow:D

aj

kangooroo
16-04-2010, 18:48
Is this going to become a meet? If so, when and where and is there an overnight spot?

busydaffodil
16-04-2010, 19:03
We are off to The Knap, Barry.
Arriving about 4pm (before the 5.30pm gate locking).

Dont worry, you can get out after 5.30pm, just not allowed in after then.

kangooroo
16-04-2010, 19:17
I don't actually know The Knap. Is it free parking, and quiet? Is there anywhere nearby which can be accessed after 5.30pm? I think I'd struggle to entertain myself for 5 hours...!

busydaffodil
16-04-2010, 20:17
Its free & quiet....not sure whats around but the sea is about 60 foot away. Good fishing & reading spot.

Theres a restaurant on the road in, about a 5 minute stroll from the carpark.

There are some threads on here with the links to it.

kangooroo
16-04-2010, 20:53
Thanks - I think you've just talked me into it. I'll pop along - with some books and my wind-up torch.

I'm not used to being confined to one area for so long - I normally slip into my camping spots about 11pm so this could be a challenge (or an opportunity to do my year end accounts which I've been putting off...)

See you tomorrow.

K

bigboack
16-04-2010, 21:14
GL19 4NQ

Thats hay jays postcode your not showing him how to charge a battery are you.:D:D:D:D:D LMFAO:D:D

ajs
16-04-2010, 21:50
Is this going to become a meet? If so, when and where and is there an overnight spot?

won't be a meet unless i buy the friggin hotel/pub/campsite :eek:
then it can be a meet every day :D

don't know why it's so cheep:confused:... find out temorra :cool:

regards :p
aj

busydaffodil
17-04-2010, 13:51
Change of plan.....on the way to brecon!

bigboack
17-04-2010, 17:22
won't be a meet unless i buy the friggin hotel/pub/campsite :eek:
then it can be a meet every day :D

don't know why it's so cheep:confused:... find out temorra :cool:

aj

Well, when do start as maintenance supervisor then???????????

ajs
17-04-2010, 21:31

cheep cus it's just the business for sale...not the property...:mad:

not for me i'm afraid... 200,000k turnover 45/50k net but
a shed load of hours and hard work required cus it's a villagers cheep and cheerful place…:eek:
meals start at £2.00...1/2 the friggin menu is loss leaders.:eek:
business built on high bums on seats turnover small profit per head.:confused:
lacking a fire cert to do B&B's monthly fixed costs/overheads very high..:eek:
£3K needs to be cleared in profit before you start to make any money:eek:
tooo frought and fragile for me...:o
It needs a young couple in there :cool:

carry on looking :D

regards;)
aj

ajs
18-04-2010, 01:00
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/th_9687f341.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/?action=view&current=09d08b26.pbw)

a day in and around Montgomery... my favourite place ..in the world :rolleyes:
and on a clear day you can see for miles and miles and miles..:D

the last few are of an overnight possibility... no adverse signs.:cool:

click on the pic for the slide show..:)

aj

kangooroo
18-04-2010, 14:19
lacking a fire cert to do B&B's monthly fixed costs/overheads very high..:eek:
£3K needs to be cleared in profit before you start to make any money:eek:
aj

Unless the rules have changed, a fire certificate isn't/wasn't needed for up to 6 bedspaces providing there are no rooms above first floor level. Also business rates are/were not payable on 6 bedspaces or less.

A £3k break-even point doesn't sound too bad and a B&B business, in the right area, can make a very good living providing the accommodation is high-quality.

KangooRoo - ex Tourism consultant (in a distant, former life).

(BTW How I wish I'd headed to Montgomery instead of south Wales, but more of that later...)

kangooroo
18-04-2010, 14:23
Change of plan.....on the way to brecon!

I hope you had a better night than I did.

I started off at The Knapp but it was hot in full sun with no shade, crowded, boy racers and too many thumping stereos. I gave up and moved on, firstly to Llantwit Major to be greeted by more of the same (and a flasher!), then to a regular spot we've used many times, but this time wasn't quite so idyllic and ended up with a 999 call to Avon & Somerset then Cardiff police.....

biggirafe
18-04-2010, 15:05
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/th_9687f341.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/?action=view&current=09d08b26.pbw)

a day in and around Montgomery... my favourite place ..in the world :rolleyes:
and on a clear day you can see for miles and miles and miles..:D

the last few are of an overnight possibility... no adverse signs.:cool:

click on the pic for the slide show..:)

aj

Looks like you had a fab time, weather has been unbelievable all weekend for us as well, we went to the Gloucester DA meet at Red Marley, nice walk into the village and the pub on Satdee.

You'll have to show us where that car park is Andy, looks massive I'm sure we could get 2-3 vans there in the summer :)

biggirafe
18-04-2010, 15:06
I hope you had a better night than I did.

I started off at The Knapp but it was hot in full sun with no shade, crowded, boy racers and too many thumping stereos. I gave up and moved on, firstly to Llantwit Major to be greeted by more of the same (and a flasher!), then to a regular spot we've used many times, but this time wasn't quite so idyllic and ended up with a 999 call to Avon & Somerset then Cardiff police.....

OOOOhhh you tease..... do tell....

kangooroo
18-04-2010, 15:53
OOOOhhh you tease..... do tell....

Actually, joking aside, it really wasn't much fun.

I had an encounter with lowlife scum who arrived at 1.30am at Nash Point lighthouse near Llantwit Major. They parked next to me and were chatting etc with the radio on then drove up the footpath to the lighthouse. They spotted me in their headlamps. It was pitch black and they roared up to me with headlamps flashing, horn blaring and became threatening. They caused quite a commotion and wanted me out of the van. I didn't oblige and they drove away. I thought that was the end of it but instead they lay in wait, then returned even more aggressive when I stayed put. This happened three times and I was blocked at the end of a narrow, hedged 2-3 mile lane and trapped by them. They weren't giving in and I had no idea whether they were going to return with accomplices or become violent. Eventually, knowing I was thoroughly trapped, I had to call the police for help. It was a bit embarrassing to say the least but suddenly I didn't feel safe and couldn't get away.

Luckily, I wake at the slightest sound and am always prepared to be away at the slightest disturbance - ie keys at the ready, sleeping bag always unzipped at both ends so no need for any noisy unzipping and I can climb into driving seat and drive away still bagged!

It's a really peaceful spot: we have camped there many, many times and only ever been disturbed by sheep bumping into us so this was unexpected. I think(/hope) I was just unlucky this time, but I won't be returning.

I also learned another lesson: had I not been in a dead end, I could have escaped quickly - always park in an area with TWO exits!

As for the flasher, he'd obviously been sunbathing lying on both his chest and back. He'd clearly not applied any factor 40 and I think he's going to be sore today!

ajs
18-04-2010, 16:03
Unless the rules have changed, a fire certificate isn't/wasn't needed for up to 6 bedspaces providing there are no rooms above first floor level. Also business rates are/were not payable on 6 bedspaces or less.

A £3k break-even point doesn't sound too bad and a B&B business, in the right area, can make a very good living providing the accommodation is high-quality.

KangooRoo - ex Tourism consultant (in a distant, former life).

(BTW How I wish I'd headed to Montgomery instead of south Wales, but more of that later...)

rental accommodation top floor or 3...:p

and if you can make that pay with a 3k fixed overhead then be my guest
but use your own money:D

managing director of advertising agency and former local chamber of commerce business consultant :p:p:p:p:p..(retired)

... off yer go:rolleyes:

regards :D
aj

kangooroo
18-04-2010, 16:22
rental accommodation top floor or 3...:p
and if you can make that pay with a 3k fixed overhead then be my guest
but use your own money:D
aj

No chance! I'd opt for two 1-bed, ground floor, holiday cottages targetted at the over 50's - far less labour intensive!

ajs
18-04-2010, 16:29
No chance! I'd opt for two 1-bed, ground floor, holiday cottages targetted at the over 50's - far less labour intensive!

:D

aj

twas nice over monty way... but didn't stay over... just a day trip :o

kangooroo
18-04-2010, 16:31
I'll head that way another day. I'll be giving Nash Point a miss for a while...

ajs
18-04-2010, 17:01
Looks like you had a fab time, weather has been unbelievable all weekend for us as well, we went to the Gloucester DA meet at Red Marley, nice walk into the village and the pub on Satdee.

You'll have to show us where that car park is Andy, looks massive I'm sure we could get 2-3 vans there in the summer :)

several... the B roads round there are the best biking roads in the country
nobody knows that though except you and me...
so keep it quiet in case anyone wants to put this info into a section that no one can access...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/4b7e1e65.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/ab729879.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/001e9966.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/eb7abc28.jpg

not bad for motorhomes either.... saw 4 vehicles on the road that evening... 3 were farmers implements...

isolated... nearest pub 2 miles away..

btw... the trees you can see in google earth have now all been cut down
forestry commission have spoiled the enclosure
but opened up the landscape..

regards
aj

biggirafe
18-04-2010, 18:02
several... the B roads round there are the best biking roads in the country
nobody knows that though except you and me...
so keep it quiet in case anyone wants to put this info into a section that no one can access...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/4b7e1e65.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/ab729879.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/001e9966.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/montgomery%20apeil%202010%20with%20carol/eb7abc28.jpg

not bad for motorhomes either.... saw 4 vehicles on the road that evening... 3 were farmers implements...

isolated... nearest pub 2 miles away..

btw... the trees you can see in google earth have now all been cut down
forestry commission have spoiled the enclosure
but opened up the landscape..

regards
aj

Looks good, 88 miles from home, I think we may have our next regional meeting spot after the Beeday bash is over. Looks like there is some good walking to be had as well, not sure I fancy as 5 mile round trip to the pub though :(

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS