PDA

View Full Version : The Barge Inn

Aaron_TransitVan
19-04-2010, 16:24
This has got to be one of the nicest pubs ive ever been too, its brilliant.

Main Page - The Barge Inn @ Honeystreet (http://www.the-barge-inn.com)

Adrian and June welcome you to the Barge Inn their home since May 1993 and the Internationally renowned centre for Crop Circle Enthusiasts - Music Lovers - Narrowboaters - Ramblers - devotees of Colin Dexter's Inspector Morse - Campers and lovers of conviviality and la dolce vita. We hope our website will tell you everything you need to know about our pub and look forward to seeing you soon.

To find us on the map follow this link to Multimap (OINW) or this one to Streetmap.co.uk (OINW)

To contact us either :-

Phone on +44(0)1672 851 705

Honeystreet,

Pewsey,Wilts.

SN9 5PS.

UK

n8rbos
19-04-2010, 17:26
i can certainly back up that this is a bostin pub with a nice site round the back :)

cya in a month or so wiv me croppy m8s lol;)

GregM
19-04-2010, 18:00
I don't like sites that charge per person, although I can see it works for singles. Sorry but for 17.50 for us a family (2+3) sounds a bit steap for a basic site or is it just me?

maingate
19-04-2010, 19:16
Thanks for this pub posting.;)

We will be in the area in early June and will stop over here one night. Two nights if the beer is good.:p

While we are so close, we will visit Stonehenge. That was my first construction job.:o

BTW, my bits are still standing. I knew those Polish builders were rubbish.

If there are any CCC members reading this, there are a lot of THS`s in that part of England.

2cv
25-08-2010, 10:24
This now appears to have been taken over by a local community project, but maintaining the camp site.

witzend
04-04-2011, 22:51
I don't like sites that charge per person, although I can see it works for singles. Sorry but for 17.50 for us a family (2+3) sounds a bit steap for a basic site or is it just me?

Seem's expensive to me to I can't understand per person charges surely 2 or 3 people will spend more than 1 in their bar

wynthesurfer
05-04-2011, 00:40
This is another great site just up the road from the Barge,I`ve stayed there many times and it`s about a tenner a night with EHU.
The Three Magpies Public House , Melksham Campsites, Wiltshire (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5563)

BambiOwner
05-04-2011, 07:42
This is another great site just up the road from the Barge,I`ve stayed there many times and it`s about a tenner a night with EHU.
The Three Magpies Public House , Melksham Campsites, Wiltshire (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5563)

I used to run rallies here and yes it is a great pub plenty of hook ups good food good beer and good free entertainment over the week end.
Bambiowner

mandrake
05-04-2011, 08:40
they are all very nice ,good food, good beer so they say dam expensive to stay .i do think that most of us will tend to use the pubs that let us stay free if we drink and mabey eat is not that how we started of with the pub stopovers .these pub stopovers are just small camp sites disguised as a pub stopover ,just work out how much for a family of 4 staying for a week or even a weekend you might as well fly to spain or book a weekend in a b&b at the coast , think we will stick to wild and a few cans . mabey these pub stopovers that charge the same as those campsites we all say are a rip off may give a discount to us lot on here for allowing them to reach hundreds of potential customers on our site that lets face it lots pay to be on here as members .

bopper
05-04-2011, 09:42
In my experience, going back over a few years. I find a pub with a good sized car park. Enter the bar and ask for the landlord/landlady who upon arrival I ask "If we have a meal and a few drinks here tonight, can we kip down in your car park please". I have never been refused, sometimes I have been asked to put the van in a certain spot but always been able to stay. The pub for me of course must be a "real ale" pub. The Narrowboat a Charles Wells pub near Weedon, Northants is a good example.

Delboy
21-04-2011, 09:10
I think this is the same pub!

YouTube - Crop circles investigated. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJGUz0iGwQ)

MORGANTHEMOON
03-01-2012, 21:37

I agree we visited this site it was an experience.
The pub was full of weirdos. dont get me wong they were no problem in fact they were entertaining but completely off the wall. A guy who looked like Lenny Henry told us he had an experience the previous night when a little black creature followed him around a crop circle. Ummm right.
The price is a rip off, the toilets were disgusting and the site was full of hippies. The hippies were fine though but they do tend to party until late. We were invited to a few parties though.

The pub is owned by the village they bought it with lottery funds and it has a great atmosphere. Right next to the canal and a number of TV programs have been filmed there.

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 22:06
I agree we visited this site it was an experience.
The pub was full of weirdos. dont get me wong they were no problem in fact they were entertaining but completely off the wall. A guy who looked like Lenny Henry told us he had an experience the previous night when a little black creature followed him around a crop circle. Ummm right.The price is a rip off, the toilets were disgusting and the site was full of hippies. The hippies were fine though but they do tend to party until late. We were invited to a few parties though.

The pub is owned by the village they bought it with lottery funds and it has a great atmosphere. Right next to the canal and a number of TV programs have been filmed there.

It was probably his shadow, he'd av been on whacky backie lol

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS