PDA

View Full Version : 14 -16 may Frampton Court GL2 7EX

biggirafe
08-05-2010, 09:28
Our local CC&C have a meet at Frampton Court south of Gloucester next weekend that we are hoping to attend, Not strictly 'wild' but no electrikery on site and it will be just a field, so almost counts :D

Frampton on Severn is a lovely little village near the severn and the canal, you can easily walk to Saul junction, slimbridge wetlands and a pub close by, normally you would not be able to camp here so we are prepared to put up with a few tuggers to go here.

GL2 7EX - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=GL2+7EX&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.844022,37.397461&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Gloucester+GL2+7EX,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.769354,-2.365408&spn=0.013119,0.036521&t=h&z=15)

Frampton Court, GL2 7EX
DIRECTIONS: Exit M5 at Junction 13 on to A38 South, in about 1 mile turn right on to B4071 SP Frampton-on-Severn, site on left about 1 mile before village

If you are members of the CC&C then you can attend da meetings naywhere in the country if a few of us were to go then we would let the local da know as its the polite thing to do :)

ajs
08-05-2010, 09:59
tis nice village...:)

went there last autumn... walked the canal :cool:

regards ;)
aj

novawight
08-05-2010, 10:17
I belong to C&CC and have yet to go to a weekend meet, one of my concerns is that being a single bloke,(motorcaravaning that is) as my wife dislikes camping like the plaque,I would feel a bit left out of things,:confused:

biggirafe
08-05-2010, 10:29
I belong to C&CC and have yet to go to a weekend meet, one of my concerns is that being a single bloke,(motorcaravaning that is) as my wife dislikes camping like the plaque,I would feel a bit left out of things,:confused:

Last one we went too (the first) , there were 4 -5 single people there, quite a few 'grey' couples and only 2 familys.

Our local da has a problem at the moment as they are short of familys but other areas I have been told have predominatly famillys using da's

When we went last time it was made very clear to us that there was no need to join in if we did not want too, some people used it as a cheap place to park up and then got on with their own weekend. But as soon as we went over and joined in we were made very welcome.

I guess you need to suck it and see, I like the price, they charge by the unit which is very unusual and makes a big difference to me, At the recent Leek meet of wildcamping AJS payed 6 a night for me it was 24 :eek:, our local da meets are 5 - 7.50 a unit a night which is great for me :)

novawight
08-05-2010, 10:49
thanks for the info, its good to see there are a few greys there, as i, m a bit grey myself, the last meet I went to was the Portsmouth arms, and for me it was a disaster, but that was my fault for not doing my home work, ie out in the wilds and no public transport, I enjoy good company and, and an ale or three, also like to jump on public transport, and have a good nose around;)

GregM
08-05-2010, 11:23
We use cc&c weekend meets quite a bit, our local da has a good mix of families and middle aged and greys.

Like biggirafe you are not obliged to take part, sometimes we do, ie if they have a social event other times we do our own thing.

novawight
08-05-2010, 12:15
Thats outrageous !!!!! 5 quid a night ??? It will have to be laybys , fields , verges and ditches for me then .

done that, with an old converted Currys van, when itdid come to the end of it,s life used it as a grrenhouse for me toms, had a perspex roof, called it silver snail (obvious reasons), lived in it most of the time, worked night shift, parked up in on the sea front,police were aware, and had to show my bank statements to show i had reasonable means of support, went back to the girlfriend weekends, makes me smile to think:D to the things I got up to in in the eighties (sorrey if i deviated,):D:D:D

biggirafe
08-05-2010, 13:01
done that, with an old converted Currys van, when itdid come to the end of it,s life used it as a grrenhouse for me toms, had a perspex roof, called it silver snail (obvious reasons), lived in it most of the time, worked night shift, parked up in on the sea front,police were aware, and had to show my bank statements to show i had reasonable means of support, went back to the girlfriend weekends, makes me smile to think:D to the things I got up to in in the eighties (sorrey if i deviated,):D:D:D

No appology needed, diviations are often the most interesting bits :D :D...

Up until now I have never lived in a car or van, always been lucky I guess, I had plenty of mates who did, some of them were part of the convoy in the early eighties but I just used to go and visit and party.

Some of them were very good at it and had made their vans very comfortable and put an effort in, some were just vans with matresses and chairs, many of the good vans ended up travelling all over europe in the late eighties and I guess the people have settled down now. I see a few vans about still but the guys hanging around never look old enough to have been around since the days of Stonehenge so I guess have taken up the lifestyle since then. :)

busydaffodil
08-05-2010, 14:34
this is one of those Stoopid questions

Whats the CC&C?

ajs
08-05-2010, 14:37
this is one of those Stoopid questions

Whats the CC&C?

think he means c&cc...now you know what that is don't you eh...:D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

busydaffodil
08-05-2010, 14:39
nope.

Told you it was a stoopid question (or is that a stoopid questioner?)

ajs
08-05-2010, 14:45
nope.

Told you it was a stoopid question (or is that a stoopid questioner?)

OI you... you don't realise how much effort it takes to appear stupid..:mad:.
i had to go to night school yer know...:rolleyes: :p

it stands for caravan and camping club :eek:

regards :D
aj

busydaffodil
08-05-2010, 14:54
I'm expert at "Stoopid"....its why I am a politician (for now)

Opps...thanks for the info....goooooogling as I type!

biggirafe
08-05-2010, 15:06
I'm expert at "Stoopid"....its why I am a politician (for now)

Opps...thanks for the info....goooooogling as I type!

No you being stupid, twas me, yep meant C&CC :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS