CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important information for members!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598

Important information for members!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Motorhomer.com and Wildcamping.co.uk are getting divorced

Ok, not exactly a divorce...

On 14th July the connection between Motorhomer and Wild Camping will end and they will become fully independent websites. This post contains information about that and other things you need to know.

Joint Full Membership

1) If you are a full member of Wild Camping BEFORE midnight on 13th July 2018 then you will have the option to get full membership of Motorhomer.com for free.

2) The membership will end if your full membership subscription to wildcamping.co.uk ends, so will your option to take it up again.

3) You MUST register on the Motohomer.com website using the same email address as you use on this site BEFORE midnight on 31st December 2018.

I have already extended this offer by over 6 months and it is time for it to end.

POI System

Both websites will have POI systems:

• Motorhomer's POI system will have POI's that are useful to all motorhome users, this will include overnight stops.
    • Wild Camping's POI system will have POI's that are focused for people interested in wild camping in a motorhome.

No POI data from this website will be transferred to Motorhomer. Motorhomer will have to build its own database.

I had previously decided not to have Wild Camping spots on Motorhomer but as the site are now separating I am not going to handicap it's POI system.

New forum software

Today I will be closing Motorhomer to install new forum software (Xenforo 2), the site will reopen shortly after. The site will then remain in "Beta" mode whilst I iron out the kinks.

Wild Camping will eventually also change over to Xenforo 2 and I encourage you to try the new software on Motorhomer.com. The software is nothing like the rubbish vBulletin 5 that Motorhomer is currently running.

Rallies, Meets and Gatherings

Wild Camping's rallies, meets and gathering will be moving back to this website with two exceptions.

1. Applewood Country Park. This was never a Wild Camping rally before and will stay with Motorhomer.
    2. Hereford September Rally. The Spring rally will be on Wild Camping.

Initially, Motorhomer will only have six official rallies.

1. Applewood Country Park - East Anglia (Roaminrog's Rally)
    2. Hereford Rowing Club - Hereford (Lee's Rally)
    3. TBA - Northern England (Jeffmossy's Rally)
    4. TBA Scottish Rally (The Laird's Rally)
    5. TBA - Southern England (Moonshadow's Rally)
    6. New Year Rally - TBA (All the Event Manager's may have a role)

Event Fees

I know some people are not happy with the Event Fees but they are necessary.

The fees are applicable to all meets where we use our camping exemption or have stewards running the meet.

Gatherings will not have a fee as they are not official events.

The fee is £2.50 per night per person. This is capped at a maximum charge of £5.00 per unit per event. No fee will cost more than £5.00 in total.

The thread with the details of the event will state if there is a fee or not.

If you are not happy to pay the fee please do not put your book for the event.

New POI App

Once released (sorry no date yet) the Motohomer app will allow Wild Camping member's to use the WC POI database on that app.

Inactive account deletions

On the 14th July, I will be deleting lots of inactive users from this website. I do this every year, so don't panic!
    The members marked for deletion have been emailed and have had a chance to log in and keep their accounts.
    If you are logged in now then you are not on the list.

Finally a few personal points

After this thread, I will no longer be discussing or promoting Motorhomer on this website, the same will be true on the Motorhomer website.

I run several of my own websites and many more for my customers. Motorhomer.com in no way replaces or steals my time and efforts from wildcamping.co.uk, to believe so is just wrong.

Wildcamping.co.uk is my baby, I love it and it's community dearly. I will always be giving wild camping first priority in my working day and in my own personal time. Wild camping is the last thing I do before I sleep and the second thing I do when I wake (I pee first in case you are wondering).

Well it is nearly 7pm and I need to start the MH upgrade whilst the football is on!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ ⚽️ Iím sorry but football is on I will read it in depth later promise.⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥 󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Likes carol, mariesnowgoose, tribute11 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    I've just read it in depth,as the football is on
    668,the neighbour of the beast.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self build
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post
    Just gone shopping as football is on
    Wot football?

Good luck with the changeover Phil.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Just gone shopping as football is on
    I know Iím here lol
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Interesting choice. I have never understood the appeal of vBulletin, but it is undeniably popular. But it is a lot of money for not a lot of advantage, and is is a bit clunky and slow.

Each version update costs so much, so my experience is a few versions out of date. Perhaps vBulletin has got better of late.

I tend to use Simple Machines as the first default, but I have considered looking at PunBB as an alternative.

Which did you consider when seeking a replacement?

Member Number
    The supermarket is great and none of those really annoying pensioners about either
    Only you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 240
    We love you too.
    You can take the girl out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the girl

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: Neilyg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Legend Auto-Sleeper 1988 Diesel
    Come on Engerlaaaaaaand!
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    Marie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes Sprinter