CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tide Has Turned!

Member Number:
    On the road but based in Belper, Derbyshire
    Prize Draw Entries

The Tide Has Turned!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Speaking as someone with a number two cut, I have to say I was delighted to hear of the defeat of Geert Wilders in the Dutch general election. At long last, this brings to an end the run of success for people with strange hairstyles.

Beppe Grillo must be quaking in his boots

beppe grillo - Google Search
    Likes - Tezza, mark61, barryd, Debroos, hextal, jacquigem liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I think we should start a campaign to improve the appearance of Her Britannic Majesty's Foreign Secretary and make him more attractive to our Arab paymasters.

A Burka, head to toe.
    .The last thing I remember, Nurse, was bumping into President Fart and saying, " Nice wig! ".
    Likes - Debroos, John H, jacquigem, Bigusdickus liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Brilliant, thanks for the heads up ( do you like that ? ) i`ll be able to sleep soundly tonight
    Hang On A Minute, I`ll Get My Hankie
    Likes - John H liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    last i read the headline figuers bandied about this morning were still an estimate based on counting some of the votes.

when you read the estimated figures the "winning" pm will infact lost a significant number of his seats, the two party coalition gov will lose well over a third... the partner party has collapsed and wont be part of the new 3 or 4 way coalition.

the "loosing" guy with the hair will gain more seats than the "winning" pm lost.,

if the sitting pm cant organise a 3 or 4 way coalition with the 3rd etc parties the "loser " with the hair in no2 spot could yet be asked to form one

clear proof that headlines depend on the bias of the writer.

Member Number:
    On the road but based in Belper, Derbyshire
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricc View Post
    last i read the headline figuers bandied about this morning were still an estimate based on counting some of the votes.

when you read the estimated figures the "winning" pm will infact lost a significant number of his seats, the two party coalition gov will lose well over a third... the partner party has collapsed and wont be part of the new 3 or 4 way coalition.

the "loosing" guy with the hair will gain more seats than the "winning" pm lost.,

if the sitting pm cant organise a 3 or 4 way coalition with the 3rd etc parties the "loser " with the hair in no2 spot could yet be asked to form one

clear proof that headlines depend on the bias of the writer.
    Well, if we are being serious, ALL other parties have publicly stated that they will not go into coalition with the nasty piece of work that is Wilders. There is absolutely NO chance of him getting even a sniff of power. Yes, he has increased his representation but, hopefully, he is past his peak because a little while ago he was expecting to be the largest party and he has failed to do that by a long way.
    Likes - 5andy, N/A, Full Member liked this post

VanHaver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Well, if we are being serious, ALL other parties have publicly stated that they will not go into coalition with the nasty piece of work that is Wilders. There is absolutely NO chance of him getting even a sniff of power. Yes, he has increased his representation but, hopefully, he is past his peak because a little while ago he was expecting to be the largest party and he has failed to do that by a long way.
    Hear hear.

( much more civilised than heil heil don't you think)

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post

dont quite see how coming second is failing to win by a long way

now quite clear that the winner still has to form a 4 way coallition to get a majority....

not really the outright win/defeat the headlines of all the mainstream press pronounce it to be.

VanHaver Guest
    dont quite see how coming second is failing to win by a long way.
    Does this help?

Barcelona 7-0 Celtic: Champions League ? as it happened | Football | The Guardian

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    nope

and im not surprised you cant see the difference between 2 lots of over paid meatheads chasing a bag of air arround and a general election fought by 10 or so political parties.
    Likes - Gerry Attrick liked this post

VanHaver Guest
    nope

and im not surprised you cant see the difference between 2 lots of over paid meatheads chasing a bag of air arround and a general election fought by 10 or so political parties.
    And I'm not surprised it went over some heads, there's not much resistance in a low brow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information