CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad news from Paris

Member Number:

Bad news from Paris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Yes it needs reporting but it's too sensationalised. There are actually over 16000 murders in the usa so more like nearer 50 a day. The number of people killed on US soil by terrorists though since 9/11 is about 15. There are something like 30000 Americans killed by guns whether murder or accidental each year yet Trump is in some kind of Frenzy against Muslims banning them, causing uproar and division across the world like terrorism is rife and it's just not. Suits his agenda though and the various haters. They are probably gleeful when stuff like this happens

I don't want to see that happen here but it's starting to. We have 1.7 murders a day here so much less but how many make the news? Someone gets shot it Manchester, big deal. Hardly reported unless the killer is shouting Allahu Akbar then it runs for days. Report it but stop bigging these scum bags up (the media) and dragging it on and causing further fear and hate. Its playing into their hands
    Likes - jacquigem, Geraldine liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    I am not sure what we can do with them though. Unless they have committed a crime all you can do is keep an eye on them and you cannot do that all the time. The London nutcase wasn't even on the radar i think. You can only hope that the security services keeping an eye on the ones they suspect do a good job and here they certainly seem to be on top of that. There is nothing stopping anyone though off radar picking up a knife and getting in a car or truck and going out and causing carnage. However if you think about it we can take some comfort in the fact that people like this must be a tiny minority otherwise it would be happening every day. Tragic as these events are especially if its an officer killed in the line of duty I think we are in danger of giving these low lifes too much publicity.
    these people that are on the watch list if there not french born ,must be either locked away or deported ,the ones that are french born if there on the list then they must be removed from circulation locked away . the others i am afraid there isent much that can be done realy ,but anybody being suspected of radicalisation must be detained as suspected terrorists .yes ok some may say my views are a little extreme but in cases like terrorism then harsh moves must be taken for a countries security and its peoples safety ,but i do belive border controls must be reinstated .
    in the process of hunting for another tin shed on wheels
    Likes - Looser cruiser liked this post

Member Number:
    Yes it needs reporting but it's too sensationalised. There are actually over 16000 murders in the usa so more like nearer 50 a day. The number of people killed on US soil by terrorists though since 9/11 is about 15. There are something like 30000 Americans killed by guns whether murder or accidental each year yet Trump is in some kind of Frenzy against Muslims banning them, causing uproar and division across the world like terrorism is rife and it's just not. Suits his agenda though and the various haters. They are probably gleeful when stuff like this happens

I don't want to see that happen here but it's starting to. We have 1.7 murders a day here so much less but how many make the news? Someone gets shot it Manchester, big deal. Hardly reported unless the killer is shouting Allahu Akbar then it runs for days. Report it but stop bigging these scum bags up (the media) and dragging it on and causing further fear and hate. Its playing into their hands
    I think the bigger issue Barry, is the cost of anti-terrorism measures. And by that I don't mean to belittle the deaths of the victims. Many, many deaths have been prevented by intelligence resources, here and in mainland Europe, and I feel sure that the terrorists get as much satisfaction about being a major thorn in our sides, as they do from killing policemen.

We have to continue to use these resources indefinitely, otherwise our governments, emergency services etc. just would not be able to function efficiently.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!
    Likes - barryd, Looser cruiser liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    I think the bigger issue Barry, is the cost of anti-terrorism measures. And by that I don't mean to belittle the deaths of the victims. Many, many deaths have been prevented by intelligence resources, here and in mainland Europe, and I feel sure that the terrorists get as much satisfaction about being a major thorn in our sides, as they do from killing policemen.

We have to continue to use these resources indefinitely, otherwise our governments, emergency services etc. just would not be able to function efficiently.
    I agree with all you stated here rob,more so the reason I am not cancelling my trip to France,we cancell they bas- -rds win! IMHO and my views only!
    Likes - Robmac, barryd, jacquigem liked this post

Member Number:
    Tragic and appalling as these incidents are dont let them put you off travelling in western Europe. Statistics show that your much more likely to be killed by lightning or falling in the bath than being killed by terrorists. something like half a million to one compared to over nine million to one of being killed by terrorists. In fact terrorism in Europe was much higher in the 70's and 80's than it is now. You wouldn't think so though would you and this is what they want. To inflict Terror and fear and gain as much coverage as possible. Our media doesnt help though by sensationalising it to the extent the do. Carry on travelling, dont let a the Barstewerds win. The are just low life hooligans and not some big organised terrifying army.
    If your figures are anything like right, then I have more chance of been killed by a terrorist than winning the lottery. Knowing my luck I will get killed and my numbers come out the week after. I am not cancelling my ferry anyway.
    Likes - barryd, Looser cruiser, jacquigem liked this post

Member Number:
    Awful as these attacks are, they do get a very disproportionate amount of news coverage. Certainly statistically they should not deter travel. I spend nearly a fifth of the year in the USA where there are over 100,000 gun related deaths and injuries per year but still have a very low chance of ever being involved in one.
    2CV
    Likes - barryd, Geraldine liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    these people that are on the watch list if there not french born ,must be either locked away or deported ,the ones that are french born if there on the list then they must be removed from circulation locked away . the others i am afraid there isent much that can be done realy ,but anybody being suspected of radicalisation must be detained as suspected terrorists .yes ok some may say my views are a little extreme but in cases like terrorism then harsh moves must be taken for a countries security and its peoples safety ,but i do belive border controls must be reinstated .
    Yes but its a slippery slope locking people up who you just suspect might be bad uns. More likely to cause even further problems if we go down that route. Im not sure border controls will help either as most of these "Amateur" terrorists are European citizens or here legitimately. All the British ones have been Brits.

There is no easy answer unfortunately but I get the impression western peaceful Muslims are sick to death of this kind of thing being done and linked to their religion (Which it isnt of course). Im keen to see more moderate Islam evolving in the west, it has to really if there is to be further integration and hopefully there will be more chance of these home grown terrorists being outed. What I would hate to see is this kind of thing driving a wedge further between our different cultures. Thats what people like Trump and his merry bunch of Nazi's want in the US. Lets not have that here.
    Likes - jacquigem, Tezza, korky, Geraldine liked this post

Member Number:
    Your right everyone,it is terrible what happens in these cities but I fear a lot of what we the western world do in Muslim countries doesn't help.We all know Iraq & Afghanistan was to satisfy our insatiable lust for cheap oil/fuel.If these middle easterns didn't have the black stuff the western leaders wouldn't care less,just like all the African slaughterings we hardly hear about on the news.
    I know it isn't always middle easterns who carry out these
    Attacks but they have close links to the places.
    Someone mentioned the Ira and warnings in advance but most of their funding was from American second/third generation immigrants.The silly sods have no history so they latch onto ours and think they are Irish or Scottish.
    I remember watching the big yin in Canada at a Highland games.He felt embarrassed that the third/fourth generation immigrants were more Scottish than he was!!!

Who can say these home grown immigrant brittish/french& belgium middle eastern descendants don't feel the same about they're 'homeland'.
    Likes - mark61 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information