CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, I'm on strike again this Thursday.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

Oh dear, I'm on strike again this Thursday.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Which will be the second time in my working career to date. First one was last year.

This is living life under the SNP, they are voted in under their various manifesto's, then renege, bunch of bloody liars. Thursday is first strike day, show them up for what they are, shysters!!

Scottish college lecturers plan escalating strikes ahead of local elections
    A Chicken is for life, not just Christmas
    Likes - MykCamper, Alf, 2cv, IanH liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Good luck and I hope it works out well for you. This is the only way to show those in charge who actually does run things. They like to think they do , but there are few of them and many of us. Respect!
    The less you want the more you live .
    Likes - runnach, MykCamper, Hondaboy, mandrake liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Good luck and I hope it works out well for you. This is the only way to show those in charge who actually does run things. They like to think they do , but there are few of them and many of us. Respect!
    Last strike they buckled after one day strike action, will be interesting to see how this one pans out, especially with both local and national elections, looming???

I doubt many EIS members will be putting a X for any SNP candidates, as they have lied to us and, let us down.
    Likes - MykCamper liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Last strike they buckled after one day strike action, will be interesting to see how this one pans out, especially with both local and national elections, looming???

I doubt many EIS members will be putting a X for any SNP candidates, as they have lied to us and, let us down.
    Well you know my loyalties this time are with JC . But my first loyalty will always be with the people and the workers. So it doesn't matter to me which party is in power it has a duty to talk and compromise with workers , if they don't then the only option the workers have is to withhold their labour and as an ex miner I know a thing or two about that.
    I read the article and I think the timing is perfect. It should be just a nice day off for you. LoL and I mean it ....good luck to you .
    The less you want the more you live .
    Likes - runnach, winks, mandrake, Private liked this post
    Thanks - Private Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Well you know my loyalties this time are with JC . But my first loyalty will always be with the people and the workers. So it doesn't matter to me which party is in power it has a duty to talk and compromise with workers , if they don't then the only option the workers have is to withhold their labour and as an ex miner I know a thing or two about that.
    I read the article and I think the timing is perfect. It should be just a nice day off for you. LoL and I mean it ....good luck to you .
    No day off, we will be lobbying outside our Scottish Parliament, to hammer home our message for our current gov to live up to their manifesto and, live up to what was agreed a year ago.
    Likes - MykCamper, Private liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    While link is old news, this is how bad FE has been managed under our current regime here in Scotland.

Lecturers in ballot for strikes in Scotland as college boss?s payoff provokes outrage
    Likes - The laird, Clunegapyears, Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Very sad,all the best mate

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    This striking malarkey is hard work, if it is ramp't up, I'll get more use out of van......lol.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Indeed I hope you have learnt the lesson, withdrawal of labour and posturing by the unions was contributory towards the demise of the industry. Not for a second am I suggesting the tories were right, but the unions didn't help themselves the members like sheeple hung out to dry by Scargill and co who had a political agenda of their own ......be careful what you wish for

Channa

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Oh well, SNP showing their true colours, Sturgeon and Swinney should hold their heads in shame at their lack of empathy towards the people who contribute to pay their fat salaries and pensions.

I would guess there will be 4000+ Scottish FE lecturers not voting for this shower come GE day.

As college lecturers stage fifth national walkout SNP minister sides with bosses

Ps. SNP-linked lobbyists batting for Scotland's college bosses to beat strike

PPs, for clarity, this is what it is all about. Victory for striking Scottish Further Education lecturers
    Last edited by runnach; 17-05-2017 at 20:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information