CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At last. The truth is beginning to dawn!

Member Number:

At last. The truth is beginning to dawn!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Interesting stuff now piling up from those who don't want the country to be wrecked by a bunch of stubborn fools:

Boris Johnson should be jailed over Brexit claims, says ex-David Davis aide | Politics | The Guardian

David Davies and the other two stooges have no chance of being selected as PM when TM is forced to resign, but Philip Hammond is the obvious replacement. And he will have the good sense to rescind the decision to leave the EU. Why? Because he is not a fool.

On Sky News (the personal mouthpiece of Rupert Murdoch) this morning a couple of air-head women presenters were using the disclosure that Juncker and his team (totalling 9 people) spent 24,450 on a private aircraft charter to Rome as an example of profligacy. This clearly anti EU attitude panders to the jealousy and lack of understanding of most people that private charters can be more cost effective than taking public airlines or trains. If this was not the case, businessmen who are pretty astute, would not use private jets as a matter of course. It is certainly not for the luxury - small jets are hardly luxurious! And I hardly think it would be fair to expect top politicians and public servants to use Easyjet!
    Do not correct a fool or he will despise you. Correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.
    Likes - britcoms liked this post

Member Number:
    another quote from the opinions of the gaurdian staff

done any comparison of the cost of travel by a scheduled airline?

youre also comparing the spending of their own money by sucessful businessmen with public servants , who are always complaining they arnt grabbing enough of our money, spending money on their own comfort rather than on services of benefit to the taxpayers.

youre entitled to your opinion but it doesnt mean any one else has to share your views .

Member Number:
    The author is an ex Political Editor of the Daily Mail.

That is where I stopped reading and closed the link.
    I used to be addicted to the Hokey Cokey but I turned myself around.
    That's what it's all about.

Likes - harrow, Hondaboy liked this post

Member Number:
    It has long been obvious that the vast majority of readers of the Guardian and similar Left-wing comics are also fervent advocates for Britain to remain shackled to the rotting corpse of Europe.

One can only hope that the passage of time and the burgeoning benefits of living in a Brexitised Britain will bring enlightenment to these benighted souls.... !

Member Number:
    It would appear that all the posts above prove how little the average person understand the realities of getting a group of people from one place to another at a specific time. Airline schedules can often cause concomitant additional costs because of the bad flight schedules. And, of course, the delays that are involved in using public aircraft is now well-known (to most). Using private charter aircraft can result in far quicker boarding as well as the ability to fly from smaller airports that may be more convenient.

The man in the street has little appreciation of these realities and tend to look at things from a point of view clouded by ignorance and jealousy. Very obvious from the narrow-minded views expressed above.

Ask Runnach what he thinks!
    Do not correct a fool or he will despise you. Correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.
    Likes - britcoms, SpiroPope liked this post

Member Number:

Doomed

Sooner were Out the better didn't ought to be dragging our heals the EU is doomed

Mail Attachment1.png

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    Sooner were Out the better didn't ought to be dragging our heals the EU is doomed

Mail Attachment1.png
    If only you were able to supply solid evidence for that, the opinion might carry a little weight. Like most Brexiters, you are quick to talk Europe down whilst acting like Emperor Nero.

If you could understand what is being said by the real experts now, you would, if you thought carefully about it, realsie that it is the UK that is doomed.

Have you heard today's news about UK house prices falling and personal debt being at a record high. To say nothing of the rate of inflation increasing and economic growth slowing. Whilst the EU countries are growing nicely. You need to get out more, I think.

I said this a long time ago: the UK will not leave the EU. It simply cannot afford to do so.
    Likes - britcoms, Tezza, i0mark0i, SpiroPope liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintonian View Post
    Ask Runnach what he thinks!
    I'm probably not the best one to ask, David, since I gave up my jet set life for pastures new, which is now, motorhoming.
    New aircraft carriers are cool.
    Likes - Jimhunterj4 liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    I'm probably not the best one to ask, David, since I gave up my jet set life for pastures new, which is now, motorhoming.
    I am mistaken, then. I thought your son was in the jet leasing business. Must be thinking of someone else.

Member Number:
    house prices round here are still rising .
    there are lots jobs .
    life seems to be carrying on just as normal.
    many of the business i visit say its a good year and more tourists are around .
    possibly in the up country cities its different but we shall have to see.
    many are avoiding going or buying anything form the eu . thats the way forwards .
    cant trust alot of the so called experts they live in another world
    any way ex is an unknown factor and a spert is a drip under pressure .
    why would we want to believe them.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information