CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Spending more than 90 days in Europe after March

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Presume so but who cares? its kind of irrelevant as far as we are concerned.

One things for sure its all as clear as mud and seems to grow more complex day by day. Even the governments own advice constantly uses the word "may".
    Barry, if the goalposts are going to move in the event of a no deal for UK drivers driving within the EU, would the same apply if a EU citizen driving and touring within UK, or is there no info out there on this point?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Had a word with the person in charge, guess what, IDP not needed in hell, so FU DT, GV and the rest of the EU oligarchy.
    Likes antiquesam, runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    Well, I got our IDP 1968 & 1949 today. Leaving before B-day and returning well after, it seems easier to cover ourselves. Hard for those already out of UK and those very short of cash. But I am just trying to save myself worrying by doing as much as I can. The money spent can be recouped by missing a toll road!
    Likes channa, John H, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Barry, if the goalposts are going to move in the event of a no deal for UK drivers driving within the EU, would the same apply if a EU citizen driving and touring within UK, or is there no info out there on this point?
    Sorry been off doing other stuff. I have no idea. Presumably but Im more interested on what it means for us and so far the complications are mounting up fast and as its all so vague there are probably going to be several ways to come a cropper. My biggest concern now would be making sure I was totally legal in mainland Europe. I want concrete assurances that do not include the word "May" or "assume" which most of the government papers on the subject seem fond of right now.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Sorry been off doing other stuff. I have no idea. Presumably but Im more interested on what it means for us and so far the complications are mounting up fast and as its all so vague there are probably going to be several ways to come a cropper. My biggest concern now would be making sure I was totally legal in mainland Europe. I want concrete assurances that do not include the word "May" or "assume" which most of the government papers on the subject seem fond of right now.
    No worries. Of course I understand you want to have everything belts and braces. Other side of the coin, you can be on UK soil and have a coming together with an EU registered vehicle. Some thing we maybe all look at from an insurance point of view?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Lots of doubts and complications for us motorhomers . Most will be resolved , not necessarily satisfactorily .
    I can see why the CBI are none too happy , the magnitude of the problems they face is eyewatering .
    We really should all remember that if we are out the EU we can't expect to still have access to the many advantages of being a member . No moving goalposts , throwing dummies out of prams we will be treated as non members .
    Likes channa, korky, John H liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post

No mention of insurance, but here are rules on licences.

EU drivers visiting or living in the UK after EU Exit
    From 29 March 2019, in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, arrangements for EU and EEA licence holders who are visiting or living in the UK will not change.
    Visitors with EU and EEA driving licences will not need an IDP to drive in the UK.
    EU and EEA licence holders visiting the UK can continue to drive on valid EU and EEA licences.
    EU and EEA car or motorcycle licence holders who are (or become) UK residents can drive in the UK using EU and EEA licences until they are 70 or for up until 3 years after they become resident, whichever date is the later. At this point an application would need to be made for a UK licence.
    Different restrictions apply to EU and EEA lorry or bus licence holders who are (or become) UK residents.
    For EU and EEA licence holders who passed their test in the EU or EEA, the UK will continue to exchange their licence.
    EU and EEA licence holders who passed their test outside the EU or EEA have restrictions on licence exchange. As such, they may need to take a test to obtain a UK licence.
    Likes runnach liked this post
    Thanks runnach, alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Haven't read through all of the threads so don't know if anyone has pointed out that it's 90 days in any 6 month period. Staying in the Schengen area for 90 days then going to Morocco for 90 days wouldn't work as you can't re-enter the Schengen area for a further 90 days. What are the consequences of overstaying in Schengen Area? - Schengen Visa Information I'm sure there will be more passport control at the entry/exit ports & we won't just get waived through as is the case at the moment. They only need to scan your passport when you enter then when you leave they will know how long you have been there.

As somebody who didn't ask for Brexit, retired not in great health our trips will probably be less than 90 days so time limit wouldn't bother me too much, the EHIC card which I've had to use is a problem. Health insurance for me will be expensive, as far as I'm aware I don't have any Irish ancestors if I did I would be applying for an Irish passport.

I'm hoping for some sanity to prevail & we do have some form of deal although I would prefer no brexit I am hoping for the softest form of brexit that will do the least damage to our country but I'm not optimistic. From the time article 50 was started I was saying that there should have been involvement of all political parties, what we are facing is a May or Corbyn brexit neither of which looks like it could get through parliament.
    Ed
    Likes alcam liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontiki View Post
    Haven't read through all of the threads so don't know if anyone has pointed out that it's 90 days in any 6 month period. Staying in the Schengen area for 90 days then going to Morocco for 90 days wouldn't work as you can't re-enter the Schengen area for a further 90 days.

Surely your thinking is adrift. 90+90 is effectively 6 months (less a few days). So surely you can then do a further 90 days in the second half year.
    Likes nicholsong liked this post

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information