CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 201

Thread: Spending more than 90 days in Europe after March

  1. #171

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,728
    Motorhome
    Sprinter


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    No longer than before.
    Likes alcam liked this post

  2. #172

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,925
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Has been agreed by all 3 parties that the CTA may continue.
    Although nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.
    And the key word in there is "may" - as in so many of the pronouncements made regarding Brexit. In other words, it all depends on whatever deal is done - if any. If we stay in the single market, then travel will continue just as before; if we leave without a deal, nothing will be certain except the 90 day rule.

  3. #173

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,728
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    How about can?
    According to The Taoiseach.
    "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. However, I am confident that, no matter what happens, the Common Travel Area will remain in place . . . The European Union has taken the view that we can continue that.”
    Likes Debroos liked this post

  4. #174

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,925
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    How about can?
    According to The Taoiseach.
    "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. However, I am confident that, no matter what happens, the Common Travel Area will remain in place . . . The European Union has taken the view that we can continue that.”
    Political rhetoric. "I am confident that" means "I hope". As he said, nothing is agreed until it is agreed. He might just as well have gone on to say "the EU has taken the view that we can continue that...…..if the UK plays ball".

  5. #175

    Member Number
    15674
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit Tourneo
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    And the key word in there is "may" - as in so many of the pronouncements made regarding Brexit. In other words, it all depends on whatever deal is done - if any. If we stay in the single market, then travel will continue just as before; if we leave without a deal, nothing will be certain except the 90 day rule.
    Thanks for that John

    Here's (below) some info. from today's papers based on the Cabinet Document that the Government has just released - on the impact of a "No Deal" .
    You say "if we stay in the single market" which, at the moment is not on the table. I haven't been in the UK for a few months - has there been a campaign to inform people about European Travel after the 29th March -whatever happens i.e. given all the options?

    Cheers Mike

    People are not applying for insurance green cards or international driving permits because they assume they won’t need them.

    Despite no-deal being the legal default on March 29, should the UK and EU fail to agree a deal or an extension to Article 50, about 55% of adults don’t believe crashing out to a ‘credible’ outcome.

    They are, therefore, unprepared as individual citizens, the document said.

    People in the UK should be starting “a number of administrative tasks” now if they are planning to travel to or deal with the EU after March, the papers state.

    They add: “These range from renewing passports, to applying for a car insurance green card and International Driving Permit to drive in the EU. As of February 2019, despite a public information campaign

    encouraging the public to seek out the Government’s advice on preparing for a no deal, noticeable behaviour change has not been witnessed at any significant scale.”[/I][/I]

  6. #176

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,925
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Thanks for that John

    Here's (below) some info. from today's papers based on the Cabinet Document that the Government has just released - on the impact of a "No Deal" .
    You say "if we stay in the single market" which, at the moment is not on the table. I haven't been in the UK for a few months - has there been a campaign to inform people about European Travel after the 29th March -whatever happens i.e. given all the options?

    Cheers Mike

    People are not applying for insurance green cards or international driving permits because they assume they won’t need them.

    Despite no-deal being the legal default on March 29, should the UK and EU fail to agree a deal or an extension to Article 50, about 55% of adults don’t believe crashing out to a ‘credible’ outcome.

    They are, therefore, unprepared as individual citizens, the document said.

    People in the UK should be starting “a number of administrative tasks” now if they are planning to travel to or deal with the EU after March, the papers state.

    They add: “These range from renewing passports, to applying for a car insurance green card and International Driving Permit to drive in the EU. As of February 2019, despite a public information campaign

    encouraging the public to seek out the Government’s advice on preparing for a no deal, noticeable behaviour change has not been witnessed at any significant scale.”[/I][/I]
    Hi

    I agree - the single market option is not on the table at the moment but if we do a deal (any deal) then we will remain in the single market for the length of the transition period (which could be extended if no final deal has been arranged). Theoretically, we could be outside the EU but in the single market forever (which is what is frightening the ERG/DUP). It may also be that during the transition period there is an outbreak of common sense and we choose, like Norway, to do a deal that means we stay in the single market. So, although it is beyond one of May's red lines, it isn't dead yet - she has already shed several red lines so anything could happen.


    As for a campaign to inform people of the options - that would have been the sensible path but the government has only released info about what happens under her deal or no deal. For some reason they are reluctant to let people know that they would be better off in the single market

  7. #177

    Member Number
    44641
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,662
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    People are not applying for insurance green cards or international driving permits because they assume they won’t need them.

    I would guess many are sitting tight and seeing what happens, this is certainly the case for us, we plan to go to mainland Europe this year as we often do, we never book up much in advance, so are in no rush to apply for anything yet.
    Likes runnach liked this post

  8. #178

    Member Number
    4310
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,535
    Location
    Nr. Glasgow
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    It’s interesting to see how forward holiday bookings are going. The threat of a Schengen visa seems to be helping non EU destinations. Brexit: Travel Industry Waiting to See if Brits will Change 2019 Holiday Plans - GTP Headlines
    2CV

  9. #179

    Member Number
    7572
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,724
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cv View Post
    It’s interesting to see how forward holiday bookings are going. The threat of a Schengen visa seems to be helping non EU destinations. Brexit: Travel Industry Waiting to See if Brits will Change 2019 Holiday Plans - GTP Headlines
    Planning RoI this year Bill. Then through the tunnel next year, with a view of remaining there?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

  10. #180

    Member Number
    9237
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,134
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Dont worry if your here and need to see a doctor i know a cheap doctor here. Well he was a doctor once untill he went on the drink

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •