Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spending more than 90 days in Europe after March

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    My wife and I are both of Irish Descent and eligible so are now
    applying for Irish Citizenship and Passports.
    See you in France at our aire.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    HOW WOULD THEY KNOW? If you ship in or out there are few records kept as to how long you were ,in or out.
    Every time you cross the Schengen or EU boundary you will get a stamp in your passport and it will be entered into their linked computer system, so they will know, and believe me, they will tell you if you have overstayed by even a day as they have with us a couple of times
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently Germany, Italy, England and Ireland
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Mohawk
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    EHIC is irrelevant. Health insurance is irrelevant. I have travelled across the continent by motorhome as far as Moscow and Istanbul and the validity or otherwise of the EHIC has not prevented me from doing so. The only additional complication that Brexit may introduce would be a 90 day limit to time in the EU, we would still be free to explore the rest of the world unhindered.

Please don't complicate matters. There's a big world to explore out there.

A few vlogs I'm following:

A young Dutch fella driving an old Russian van through the 'stans

YouTube

and a South Korean couple who shipped their self-build to Vladivostok and are driving it across Russia and Mongolia to Europe

YouTube
    I guess that's ok if you are in good health and willing to take the risk, but emergency medical treatment can be very costly if you are paying for it yourself ?
    Likes Sker liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago C-Line 4.9
    Having read this think I better apply for my Irish passport which my brother already has as our parents were Irish.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    EHIC is irrelevant. Health insurance is irrelevant. I have travelled across the continent by motorhome as far as Moscow and Istanbul and the validity or otherwise of the EHIC has not prevented me from doing so. The only additional complication that Brexit may introduce would be a 90 day limit to time in the EU, we would still be free to explore the rest of the world unhindered.

A few vlogs I'm following:

A young Dutch fella driving an old Russian van through the 'stans

YouTube

and a South Korean couple who shipped their self-build to Vladivostok and are driving it across Russia and Mongolia to Europe

YouTube
    It may be irrelevant to you but it is certainly not irrelevant to most of us - particularly the older ones with lots of pre-existing health conditions! If you are young and fit, good luck to you but please do not write off the desire to be adventurous among us oldies - and that requires insurance (or a Rees-Mogg sized bank account)
    Likes jacquigem, Fern Kinnell, Sker liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

]
    At a personal level, I along with 30000 others using dialysis EHIC is very relevant, at present we pay for treatment in line with what locals pay, the closure of EHIC will mean 500 bill every other day which will prevent travel on cost grounds

The closure of EHIC complicates matters !

There are further questions that require an answer here too, considering the machines and relevant equipment is almost exclusively imported from the EU shortages if it happens is literally life threatening and there does seem a lack of re assurances.

As far as I am concerned this whole saga is sending life backwards

Channa
    Likes jacquigem, jagmanx, Foolonthehill liked this post
    Thanks John H thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Fair enough fellas, for some people with medical conditions or those concerned about health cover, long-term foreign travel may not be realistic, but claiming that travel over 90 days will be "so difficult as to be impossible" is misleading. Yes, it complicates matters further but we should be clear that there is no blanket ban on spending over 90 days abroad.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    At a personal level, I along with 30000 others using dialysis EHIC is very relevant, at present we pay for treatment in line with what locals pay, the closure of EHIC will mean 500 bill every other day which will prevent travel on cost grounds

The closure of EHIC complicates matters !

There are further questions that require an answer here too, considering the machines and relevant equipment is almost exclusively imported from the EU shortages if it happens is literally life threatening and there does seem a lack of re assurances.

As far as I am concerned this whole saga is sending life backwards

Channa
    You are right channa .
    Though I do think compromises will be made , hopefully , when it comes to health .
    All so unnecessary

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    It may be irrelevant to you but it is certainly not irrelevant to most of us - particularly the older ones with lots of pre-existing health conditions! If you are young and fit, good luck to you but please do not write off the desire to be adventurous among us oldies - and that requires insurance (or a Rees-Mogg sized bank account)
    part of the reason for brexit is to stop older folk going away in winter and spending money over there that they could spend in uk.
    plus stop them bringing things back that have less duty paid on them in the eu.
    spend the money in uk .
    once brexit is over eu products should have a tax on them just like the eu put on imports to eu.
    going away isnt a problem . you can be got rid of in almost any country in the world ,or chucked over at sea .
    it was the older folk that got us in the eec so they are to blame for it all.
    Likes Scrag liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    You are right channa .
    Though I do think compromises will be made , hopefully , when it comes to health .
    All so unnecessary
    There will undoubtedly be reciprocal health arrangements but the limiting factor is that they will not extend beyond 90 days. Nobody is going to insure you when you are in a country illegally. 99% of tourists will be ok but it is those few of us who have in the past stayed more than 90 days who will suffer.
    Likes Sker liked this post

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information