CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spending more than 90 days in Europe after March

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit Tourneo

Spending more than 90 days in Europe after March

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The EU have announced that UK travelers will be granted a visa for up to 90 days - even in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

EU announces visa-free travel for UK citizens — even with no deal | Euronews

Has there been any discussion on this site about Brits who want to over-winter in Europe - i.e. for more that 90 days?

We've been staying, for 5 months at a time, on the Algarve for the last 6 years and hope to do so again next winter.

To get to Portugal we'll have to have visas for France and Spain (unless we go to Santander/Bilbao) and I'm assuming that we'll be able to/have to apply for Schengen Visas.

It would appear to be quite a task! Portugal Schengen Visa: Requirements, Application & Guidelines

I would be grateful if anyone has any hard information about long-stays post Brexit please.

There are plenty of comments, on the various Forums, from people who are expressing their opinion on what will happen, usually beginning with
    "I can't see that such and such will/won't apply" - but I was hoping that someone may have come across something official.

It could be that there isn't anything official out there yet - but some of you must be making plans for the summer?

Thanks Cheers Spike
    Thanks FringeDweller thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    No visas are required. The clue is in the title of your reference, but you won't be able to stay for more than 90 days.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    The Portugal extension seems (as would be expected) same or similar to general extension for Schengen area.
    How to Extend a Schengen Visa while being within Schengen Area
    Deal or no deal, I guess it will apply.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

EU entry

Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    No visas are required. The clue is in the title of your reference, but you won't be able to stay for more than 90 days.
    So no different from arrangements for travellers from other countries as previously posted. That is...90 days in any 180 day period.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Trust me, as a long term traveller (mainly spring summer and Autumn) ive tried every which way to find a way around this and there isnt one. If there is a transition period then nothing will change for a couple of years (maybe more) so get that long term last trip done then while you can is my advice. If there is no deal its effective in seven weeks time. There are also concerns about EHIC card, long term travel and motor insurance both of which are not clear yet as to if they will be limited.
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Trust me, as a long term traveller (mainly spring summer and Autumn) ive tried every which way to find a way around this and there isnt one. If there is a transition period then nothing will change for a couple of years (maybe more) so get that long term last trip done then while you can is my advice. If there is no deal its effective in seven weeks time. There are also concerns about EHIC card, long term travel and motor insurance both of which are not clear yet as to if they will be limited.
    Probably all will be doable (apart from 90+ days) but will cost more and , probably , involve shedloads of forms .
    Great
    Likes FringeDweller liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Autumn in Spain/Portugal then 90 days out of the EU (Morrocco), then you're free to re-enter the EU for a further 90 days over the spring and UK/Ireland over the summer.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes Makzine liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Mohawk
    Yes probably all we can do but would prefer 9 months in France Spain and Portugal like we do now

Trotter is offline Full Member
    Name: Derek , Del Boy
    Spouse: Nikki

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin "Demi" PVC
    Thanks for this, I think. Iím going to take this at face value. Iíll trust my gut feeling on this. Where I can Iíll cover my BS, and go to the continent with hope, a smile and a skip in my step.
    Oh! And my fingers crossed 🤞
    I love my wife. I like Demi Moore
    Likes jacquigem, Pauljenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    We are lucky in that we can apply for temporary residence as we have a home in portugal. But found this.... apparently you can declare you have enough income to live on and get a temporary visa for Portugal. Haven't read it in depth and it sounds a little more complicated but might be worth applying ?

Brexit and why you need Portuguese residency
    Thanks jacquigem thanked for this post

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information