CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tusk.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Oh leave it out, in this case it has absolutely nothing to do with the press.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Whether you are in or out, the remarks were unnecessary and inflammatory. I am struggling to see how they were helpful

Channa
    Likes shaunr68, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Whether you are in or out, the remarks were unnecessary and inflammatory. I am struggling to see how they were helpful

Channa
    I don't think they were intended to be helpful, Andrew - simply the natural frustration of somebody who has had enough with people who don't think of the consequences of their actions. I can understand it entirely - and, as usual, the pro-Brexit press has tried to make it look as if he was having a go at all Brexit voters.
    Likes korky, Debroos, hextal, Mandoman, Moonraker 2, TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by hextal View Post
    I quite like Donald Tusk, I think he's relatively straight as politicians go.

I do think it's interesting to see how the papers tried to spin what he said to make it sound like he was having a pop at leave voters.
    Hex, discussion I had with my Polish colleague during yesterday lunch break, Woj certainly painted a picture of a man who only has his own interests at heart. Which is pretty much par for the course with most politicians.
    Last edited by runnach; 09-02-2019 at 09:09.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes ian1950, hextal, mark61, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    The newspapers quoted his words and his response to Varadkar. I don't see how they are manipulating the facts. If you want to see bias read the "I" who don't print any pro Brexit news and the editorials are incredibly one sided. I'm not sure why I read it.
    Likes mark61, guerdeval, lofty, deanjo liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Not to mention the fact that brexiteers, including politicians, have been slagging of the eu and it's politicians all the way through this process. Not one complaint about that in the press...
    I have been surprised at the restraint shown by the eu side thus far...
    He probably shouldn't have said it but I welcome anything that makes me chuckle!
    Likes John H, hextal, alcam, TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    The newspapers quoted his words and his response to Varadkar. I don't see how they are manipulating the facts. If you want to see bias read the "I" who don't print any pro Brexit news and the editorials are incredibly one sided. I'm not sure why I read it.
    Well, here is a sample, for a start - Newspaper headlines: Donald Tusk's Brexit 'hell' comments on front pages - BBC News . Newspapers these days have vast legal teams and are very careful to not say anything libelous but they (or many of them) have developed ways to give an impression while only reporting the facts of a statement. They work on the principle that many of their readers don't look any further than the headlines.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I don't think they were intended to be helpful, Andrew - simply the natural frustration of somebody who has had enough with people who don't think of the consequences of their actions. I can understand it entirely - and, as usual, the pro-Brexit press has tried to make it look as if he was having a go at all Brexit voters.

Blimey John, the statement in bold will just about cover every human being, whether it being something said, done or intending to say or do. Most of us know when to keep schtum for fear of causing offence, I guess politicians are a breed apart, they think they can get away with anything?
    Likes runnach, mark61, lofty liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Hex, discussion I had with my Polish colleague during yesterday lunch break, Woj certainly painted a picture of a man who only has his own interests at heart. Which is pretty much par for the course with most politicians.
    Woj knows

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Tusk gets first prize for not thinking of consequences. The pro Brexit press are merely showing their frustration for people who donít think about the consequences of what they say.

Bringing up how some of the press report it, is a really poor diversion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information