CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tusk.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Blimey John, the statement in bold will just about cover every human being, whether it being something said, done or intending to say or do. Most of us know when to keep schtum for fear of causing offence, I guess politicians are a breed apart, they think they can get away with anything?
    I sincerely hope you are wrong with the first part. How often have you made a decision on something without thinking through how you see it developing? On the other hand, maybe there are more fools in the world than even I thought

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Tusk gets first prize for not thinking of consequences. The pro Brexit press are merely showing their frustration for people who don’t think about the consequences of what they say.

Bringing up how some of the press report it, is a really poor diversion.
    Oh, I think Tusk knew precisely what he was saying. He knew that the likes of Rees-Mogg would make fools of themselves by complaining and thus admitting that they had no plan. And bringing up the press is no diversion - it shows just how easy it is to make people think that something was said other than what was really said.

Do you really think that anyone who makes a decision without knowing where they want to go is not an idiot?
    Likes hextal, Debroos, TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Well, here is a sample, for a start - Newspaper headlines: Donald Tusk's Brexit 'hell' comments on front pages - BBC News . Newspapers these days have vast legal teams and are very careful to not say anything libelous but they (or many of them) have developed ways to give an impression while only reporting the facts of a statement. They work on the principle that many of their readers don't look any further than the headlines.
    The only headline showing was the Sun and Telegraph, and as I was offered it free this morning with the biased "I" I don't think of it as a newspaper. All the other remarks were merely the BBC precis of the reports with the Times and Guardian being rather nice to him.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Hey!, look over there. It's a diversion, a poor one at that. What, do you think you are the only one that knows what the press get up to?
    He said what he said, it's reported the numerous ways it's reported. You don't get to muddy the water by mixing the two, well you can try. No one is buying it though
    Likes runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    Oh, I think Tusk knew precisely what he was saying. He knew that the likes of Rees-Mogg would make fools of themselves by complaining and thus admitting that they had no plan. And bringing up the press is no diversion - it shows just how easy it is to make people think that something was said other than what was really said.

Do you really think that anyone who makes a decision without knowing where they want to go is not an idiot?
    Yes - The general thinking seems to be that he's not a person known for blurting things out or easily letting emotions get the better of him during these sorts of events. So this was very likely a statement prepared/considered in advance.
    Likes John H, TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    The only headline showing was the Sun and Telegraph, and as I was offered it free this morning with the biased "I" I don't think of it as a newspaper. All the other remarks were merely the BBC precis of the reports with the Times and Guardian being rather nice to him.
    The two I specifically mentioned were the Sun and the Mail:

"Eurocrat from Hell" Daily Mail
    "To Hell with EU" Sun

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Hey!, look over there. It's a diversion, a poor one at that. What, do you think you are the only one that knows what the press get up to?
    He said what he said, it's reported the numerous ways it's reported. You don't get to muddy the water by mixing the two, well you can try. No one is buying it though
    If that is the case why is anybody getting upset? The man was objecting to fools. If you are not a fool, why would you object? Certain papers clearly tried to make it look as if he was calling all people who voted a certain way when he was not. I don't think Hextal will mind me pointing out that he voted Leave and he can see what is happening here, so this is not a blinkered "Remain" thing.
    Last edited by John H; 09-02-2019 at 15:20.
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by hextal View Post
    Yes - The general thinking seems to be that he's not a person known for blurting things out or easily letting emotions get the better of him during these sorts of events. So this was very likely a statement prepared/considered in advance.
    Clearly it has worked - and it is a worrying sign that he felt able to say it and then sit back and watch the Rees-Moggs of this world go ballistic. It signals the fact that the EU is so fed up with our government not having a clue what it wants that they don't care any more. Personally, I dont blame them but it doesnt bode well for our countrys future.
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Well, all I can say is:

Thank god Motorhomer.com is keeping the ban on discussing* all this crap.

*discussion is the wrong word. "preaching" would fit better as a decent discussion is more like a debate, rather then each person just repeating their own steadfast and blinkered view, quoting sources and examples that support them and ignoring any that don't.
    Last edited by wildebus; 09-02-2019 at 15:53.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes antiquesam, Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    Clearly it has worked - and it is a worrying sign that he felt able to say it and then sit back and watch the Rees-Moggs of this world go ballistic. It signals the fact that the EU is so fed up with our government not having a clue what it wants that they don't care any more. Personally, I dont blame them but it doesnt bode well for our countrys future.
    Yes, it does seem to be the sulky teenager approach to negotiations.

UK "I don't want that!!"
    EU "okay, so what is it that you propose instead"
    UK "not that....or that"
    EU "well you must have some idea??"
    UK "er yeah, I want everyfink!!!"
    EU "I've already told you you can't have that"
    UK "right then, I want nothin from you cos you're stupid....... I hate you!!!!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information