CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lucky NI citizens

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW crafter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    I have just read that citizens of Northern Ireland will still have free travel in the e.u.
    Does that mean that if I moved to NI I would get it too?
    "Free travel"? if that were true we'd all be there, freedom of travel maybe.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks Debroos thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by guerdeval View Post
    "Free travel"? if that were true we'd all be there, freedom of travel maybe.
    Now THAT would be good.... Soon as you hit a certain age you get a Free Travel Pass that is valid thoughout the EU

I wouldn't be greedy about it. doesn't have to cover all airlines - I'd be happy to have RyanAir excluded.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes Debroos, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I am the luckyest sod on here,i always new there had to be a good reason for being of irish heritage,only now has it come to light,strange though now lots of folk are wanting to become one of us thickos. but there are
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes shaunr68, witzend, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I am the luckyest sod on here,i always new there had to be a good reason for being of irish heritage,only now has it come to light,strange though now lots of folk are wanting to become one of us thickos. but there are
    Interesting times ahead Trev. I'm looking at various options for the future. Firstly there is the cottage in Ireland that we have owned for 3 years now, living and working there for several of those years. So down the line, dual citizenship is a real possibility.

Also, not wanting to take this sensible, pragmatic discussion down the political route. I think there is a real likelihood that if we leave, sadly the Jocks will end up having another referendum in order to free themselves from the faceless, dictatorial bureaucrats in Westminster and then, ironic as it seems, apply to join the EU to be ruled by faceless, dictatorial bureaucrats in Brussels. I hope that doesn't happen, but the silver lining for me is that my grandfather was Scottish. He was in the army during the war and was stationed in Liverpool before being shipped out to North Africa. He met my grandmother in Liverpool. I always joked that when the war began he was minding his own business on a quiet farm in Ayrshire and ended up with a scouse wife and malaria!

Anyway, rambling now. The SNP have said that in the event of independence anyone with a Scottish grandparent will be able to apply for citizenship. I just hope the initiation ceremony doesn't involve eating deep fried pizza and wearing a kilt!
    Last edited by shaunr68; 18-02-2019 at 08:55.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    And good big homes are cheap in ireland,esp donegal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Beemer, mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Perhaps even stranger Trev if those from the north of a certain persuasion suddenly feel the need to be truly Irish !
    Where is Seamus ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information