CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Suddenly turned a bit nasty

  1. #81

    Member Number
    7973
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,426
    Motorhome
    Burstner


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    No Deal is much more preferable than the atrocious deal Ms May is trying to foist on us.

    Don't believe me?

    From the Pro Brexit Independant.

    The top 40 horrors lurking in the small print of Theresa May’s Brexit deal | Spectator USA
    Thanks Minisorella thanked for this post

  2. #82

    Member Number
    19864
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,064
    Location
    Horsham, West Sussex
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Think you may need to elaborate on that . Please no daily mail quotes .
    As a member we can and , I think , have vetoed the EU army idea before .. As a non member ? Probably not
    Compulsory conscription ? That will certainly appeal to some on here . Though it does sound a bit like the 70 million Turkish people coming over here
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    Compulsory conscription,dead right. There was even some old twat(but not quite old enough to have experienced it) on TV the other night saying a spell of rationing would do us good. Is everyone mental?
    Sorry to disappoint but I don't read the Daily Mail, thank you!
    I'm pretty much the opposite of the alleged stereotypical Mail reader... I'm not right wing, not racist, not scared of change or stuck in my ways and definitely not disgusted of Tunbridge Wells! I worked within the EU bureaucracy for a few years, so I'm just not quite so blinkered about what goes on, plus I've learned a whole lot more this past couple of years. In fact, I've learned so much, that I'd definitely change my vote if there were another referendum... I would unhesitatingly vote to leave.

    As for an EU army and conscription, Juncker called for an EU army in 2014... the proposal was defeated but several other leading eurocrats remain quite vocal that this is a good way forward. Interestingly EU treaties already allow for the development of defence policies that may lead to joint defence action, so even now there's nothing in the rules to prevent the annexing of armies for joint action... under EU military control. I think there's a very strong likelihood that any new proposal for an EU army could be voted in as the tide changes. Ours would be one less vote in opposition, whichever way Brexit turns out! Compulsory conscription... last year France introduced a phased programme of national service for all 16 year olds. Sweden and Lithuania have also reintroduced it and many other EU states that abolished conscription in the 1990s are actively looking into bringing it back.
    Last edited by Minisorella; 01-03-2019 at 12:08.
    Likes mark61, 2cv liked this post

  3. #83

    Member Number
    19864
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,064
    Location
    Horsham, West Sussex
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    No Deal is much more preferable than the atrocious deal Ms May is trying to foist on us.

    Don't believe me?

    From the Pro Brexit Independant.

    The top 40 horrors lurking in the small print of Theresa May’s Brexit deal | Spectator USA
    Good grief... there's stuff in there that's way more bonkers than I realised! Why on earth would any Government sign its rights away like this? We have to pay extra money to even be allowed to see the new laws that we'd be legally obliged to adopt??????

  4. #84

    Member Number
    25357
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,724
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but I don't read the Daily Mail, thank you!
    I'm pretty much the opposite of the alleged stereotypical Mail reader... I'm not right wing, not racist, not scared of change or stuck in my ways and definitely not disgusted of Tunbridge Wells! I worked within the EU bureaucracy for a few years, so I'm just not quite so blinkered about what goes on, plus I've learned a whole lot more this past couple of years. In fact, I've learned so much, that I'd definitely change my vote if there were another referendum... I would unhesitatingly vote to leave.

    As for an EU army and conscription, Juncker called for an EU army in 2014... the proposal was defeated but several other leading eurocrats remain quite vocal that this is a good way forward. Interestingly EU treaties already allow for the development of defence policies that may lead to joint defence action, so even now there's nothing in the rules to prevent the annexing of armies for joint action... under EU military control. I think there's a very strong likelihood that any new proposal for an EU army could be voted in as the tide changes. Ours would be one less vote in opposition, whichever way Brexit turns out! Compulsory conscription... last year France introduced a phased programme of national service for all 16 year olds. Sweden and Lithuania have also reintroduced it and many other EU states that abolished conscription in the 1990s are actively looking into bringing it back.
    Annexing of armies ? By whom ?
    The conscription you refer to is by individual countries making their own decisions .
    Sorry you may not read the DM but your post was worthy of it

  5. #85

    Member Number
    19864
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,064
    Location
    Horsham, West Sussex
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Annexing of armies ? By whom ?
    The conscription you refer to is by individual countries making their own decisions .
    Sorry you may not read the DM but your post was worthy of it
    The EU of course.

    Yes, clearly decisions made by individual member states (which I named) to reintroduce compulsory conscription... it's a noticeably growing trend across Europe.

    Really? You resort to that? Worthy of DM? I wouldn't know because I don't like its politics or style. OK, which bit specifically? The first paragraph is the result of several years of soul-searching, experience working in Brussels, taking an interest in Brexit beyond the headlines and trying to find out as much as possible about both sides of the issue without resorting to a biased bit of newsprint. Can't be the section about conscription because that's a basic reporting of known facts. Is it that I said I voted to remain but with all the information that's now available, I would definitely choose to vote leave? I always try to post fairly, without sarcasm, personal comments or the histrionics that others resort to but I'm going o break my own rule and say I don't believe you when you say that you're sorry for your last sentence... made despite the fact that you know nothing about me. Oh but of course! I'd forgotten the rules of engagement on here... that anyone who's decided they don't like the direction the EU is taking the whole of Europe just has to be rudely dismissed as right wing, racist, nationalistic, incapable of intelligent thought and/or mentally deficient, highly susceptible to eye-catching banners and rhetoric, yada yada. Bored playing in here now
    Last edited by Minisorella; 01-03-2019 at 21:17.
    Likes runnach, mark61, yorkieowl liked this post

  6. #86

    Member Number
    25357
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,724
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    The EU of course.

    Yes, clearly decisions made by individual member states (which I named) to reintroduce compulsory conscription... it's a noticeably growing trend across Europe.

    Really? You resort to that? Worthy of DM? I wouldn't know because I don't like its politics or style. OK, which bit specifically? The first paragraph is the result of several years of soul-searching, experience working in Brussels, taking an interest in Brexit beyond the headlines and trying to find out as much as possible about both sides of the issue without resorting to a biased bit of newsprint. Can't be the section about conscription because that's a basic reporting of known facts. Is it that I said I voted to remain but with all the information that's now available, I would definitely choose to vote leave? I always try to post fairly, without sarcasm, personal comments or the histrionics that others resort to but I'm going o break my own rule and say I don't believe you when you say that you're sorry for your last sentence... made despite the fact that you know nothing about me. Oh but of course! I'd forgotten the rules of engagement on here... that anyone who's decided they don't like the direction the EU is taking the whole of Europe just has to be rudely dismissed as right wing, racist, nationalistic, incapable of intelligent thought and/or mentally deficient, highly susceptible to eye-catching banners and rhetoric, yada yada. Bored playing in here now
    Not criticising just analysing . Your post was full of proposals , maybes etc . In my opinion that is what the DM does . You infer that the fact 3(?) individual countries decide (of their own free will) to introduce conscription that it may be imposed on all members . Not sure why , because it's a noticeably growing trend in Europe ?
    Anyway those are my reasons for saying what I did . Not trying to be offensive , a genuine , honest response to your post

  7. #87

    Member Number
    30917
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    208
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    people might be surprised to know how young you can be in the UK and still have experienced UK Food Rationing, you know (didn't stop when WW2 ended like most think)
    I'm quite aware of that fact,it still doesn't alter the insanity of thinking rationing is acceptable in peacetime.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •