CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs post brexit,,dialysis diabetics et al ..and fake news ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Is my cousin???

Channa has highlighted a real.concern for people with his condition . A life threatening condition . Hard to tell , but I'm assuming you accept this is a legitimate concern caused , potentially , by brexit .
    The casual use /abuse of health care in the UK referred to by your cousin has absolutely no relevance to Channa's OP .
    Not sure if it's you or your cousin who is inferring that people are blaming this on brexit ? Certainly never heard of anyone else alleging this

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I have not expressed an opinion so hard to be wrong, The article in the Guardian was distorted from what the interviewee actually said which is why I attached her statement

The fact remains that any assurances are vague, and certainly no assurances that all patients will enjoy undisrupted supply as they do at the moment

Channa
    What's his face asked me a Q, I gave my reply.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    The problem for people in this situation is, as channa says, that assurances are vague, it's all very well that those "in the know" say it will be fine. But vulnerable individuals get such mixed messages that it causes worry. I expect that for every expert who says it will be fine, there are as many who say it won't. It is the lack of firm, strategic, definitive measures and reassurance which affects people and encourages stories which may or may not be correct. I feel sorry for anyone in this position, have enough to worry about without any extra.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    There is so much wrong with that it is difficult to know where to start! First, tariffs don't cause shortages, they increase prices. The shortages come about largely because any non-EU lorry wanting to enter the EU for trade has to apply for a permit. Those permits are limited. There are some 75,000 UK lorries that regularly travel to the EU. Messages coming out of the EU suggest that we would be entitled to just over 1,000 permits after Brexit. Even if the real figure were ten times that figure we would still be struggling. A haulage firm owner was interviewed on the radio a few days ago and he was tearing his hair out with the government (I got the impression that if May had been there she wouldn't have come out alive). He had applied for 70 permits in the event of a no deal Brexit and had been awarded none. If we leave without a deal, that haulage company has no business.
    Having had 28 artic and 5 rigids going abroad everyday for many years, I know exactly the problems about permits and the old EEC permit books and the same applies to them coming here. There are not that many UK hauliers as they have been massacred by the CHEAPER EU vehicles coming in and running on cheap diesel and no road Tax. We were forced out of the business by the Cabotage being opened up to the East Europeans, Driving day and night and paid pennies. As for tariffs import , tariffs would be the UK government and that would just be plain stupid putting our prices up.. There is so much CRAP being put out by the media as it is a tactic to make all the public panic and vote stay.. It would serve them right is a huge majority woke up and saw what we are dealing with as a headless bureaucratic monstrosity the EU (NEW EUROPEAN EMPIRE) actually is. The common market is fine, not the UNION.especially as they intend it to be, complete with armed forces. We are also expected to pay billion for Trident replacements so the EU can use them, that seems to have been forgotten.
    Likes ChrisCross, witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    What's his face asked me a Q, I gave my reply.
    Except you didn't , did you .
    Wotsisface

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Channa has highlighted a real.concern for people with his condition . A life threatening condition . Hard to tell , but I'm assuming you accept this is a legitimate concern caused , potentially , by brexit .
    The casual use /abuse of health care in the UK referred to by your cousin has absolutely no relevance to Channa's OP .
    Not sure if it's you or your cousin who is inferring that people are blaming this on brexit ? Certainly never heard of anyone else alleging this
    Key word, "concern".

"Warren says she does not feel reassured by the government statements." Her opinion.

Speaking with my recently retired cousin a couple of week ago, whom has exemplary credentials and ex director of Health Scotland, topic drifted to the B word and reports about lack of drugs, etc. With a reply of (speaking of NHS Scotland) there are contingency plans in place re; drugs. Plus, don't always believe what is read in the press.

Regarding "use/abuse" statement not being relevant, like any professional within health care and government, education is key, whether ciggies, drink, drugs or poor diet, the message is, don't do it, prevention is key, unfortunately not everyone takes this onboard.

Madeleine Warren is now where she is due to an illness at the age of 13, which was no doubt horrendous for her and her family. Most of her comments are if's and but's, nothing concrete, just another doom and gloom statement with no factual basis.

Although not relevant to the lady, "Warren, a former executive at Goldman Sachs."

The same company stated Brexit would not be good for the UK. Their statement had me put another tick in the leave make my mind up box list. A certain breed of person work for GS, in it for the money, that is company policy.
    Last edited by runnach; 28-02-2019 at 22:04.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    Having had 28 artic and 5 rigids going abroad everyday for many years, I know exactly the problems about permits and the old EEC permit books and the same applies to them coming here. There are not that many UK hauliers as they have been massacred by the CHEAPER EU vehicles coming in and running on cheap diesel and no road Tax. We were forced out of the business by the Cabotage being opened up to the East Europeans, Driving day and night and paid pennies. As for tariffs import , tariffs would be the UK government and that would just be plain stupid putting our prices up.. There is so much CRAP being put out by the media as it is a tactic to make all the public panic and vote stay.. It would serve them right is a huge majority woke up and saw what we are dealing with as a headless bureaucratic monstrosity the EU (NEW EUROPEAN EMPIRE) actually is. The common market is fine, not the UNION.especially as they intend it to be, complete with armed forces. We are also expected to pay billion for Trident replacements so the EU can use them, that seems to have been forgotten.
    I repeat - there are 75,000 UK lorries regularly going to the EU to trade. If we leave without a deal, the number that get permits will be just over 1,000. That is a severe loss and will inevitably result in not only less traffic and potential shortages but also many UK haulage firms going out of business. That is not a scare tactic; it is fact.

You seem not to understand the way tariffs will work. You cannot consider imports without considering exports. There is a tariff wall around the outside of the EU. Currently, we are on the inside. In a no deal Brexit we will be on the outside. That means that any UK firm exporting to the EU will be subject to tariffs that are beyond our control. If we were to not put tariffs on goods coming in we are thus putting our industry at a tremendous disadvantage. Not only do they lose export opportunities, they also lose out in the UK market to cheap imports. That is no way to run an economy. To use your terminology, it would be plain stupid not to impose tariffs on imports if exports are being subject to them. If we followed your suggestion, imports would increase, exports would decrease, jobs would be lost and prices for staple goods would rapidly increase.

You say we are paying billions for Trident so the EU can use it. Rubbish. We are paying that money because of the governments desire to have what it calls an independent deterrent. I totally disagree with the Trident policy but it has absolutely nothing to do with the EU.
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I repeat - there are 75,000 UK lorries regularly going to the EU to trade. If we leave without a deal, the number that get permits will be just over 1,000. That is a severe loss and will inevitably result in not only less traffic and potential shortages but also many UK haulage firms going out of business. That is not a scare tactic; it is fact.

You seem not to understand the way tariffs will work. You cannot consider imports without considering exports. There is a tariff wall around the outside of the EU. Currently, we are on the inside. In a no deal Brexit we will be on the outside. That means that any UK firm exporting to the EU will be subject to tariffs that are beyond our control. If we were to not put tariffs on goods coming in we are thus putting our industry at a tremendous disadvantage. Not only do they lose export opportunities, they also lose out in the UK market to cheap imports. That is no way to run an economy. To use your terminology, it would be plain stupid not to impose tariffs on imports if exports are being subject to them. If we followed your suggestion, imports would increase, exports would decrease, jobs would be lost and prices for staple goods would rapidly increase.

You say we are paying billions for Trident so the EU can use it. Rubbish. We are paying that money because of the governments desire to have what it calls an independent deterrent. I totally disagree with the Trident policy but it has absolutely nothing to do with the EU.
    My original post was to highlight press sensationalism to sell newspapers and the misquoting interviewees more than its political content

The lack of assurances by government is what concerns me, indeed we could well have a situation of worsening as opposed to what we have, I think that's justification for concern

They are offering the same wishy washy assurances to the road haulage industry, a local businessmans take on the situation who makes his living along with 105 other people predominantly within hauling abroad

Within the EU a testimony they are still in business considering lower "lower road tax" fuel etc that the continental s enjoy that's before we consider the Eastern Europeans like Willi Betz et al , lower wages extended fuel tanks etc

Grayling accused of lack of knowledge on the transport industry as he warns bosses to ‘prepare for the worst’ on Brexit - Yorkshire Post

Channa
    Likes REC, John H liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    My original post was to highlight press sensationalism to sell newspapers and the misquoting interviewees more than its political content

The lack of assurances by government is what concerns me, indeed we could well have a situation of worsening as opposed to what we have, I think that's justification for concern

They are offering the same wishy washy assurances to the road haulage industry, a local businessmans take on the situation who makes his living along with 105 other people predominantly within hauling abroad

Within the EU a testimony they are still in business considering lower "lower road tax" fuel etc that the continental s enjoy that's before we consider the Eastern Europeans like Willi Betz et al , lower wages extended fuel tanks etc

Grayling accused of lack of knowledge on the transport industry as he warns bosses to ‘prepare for the worst’ on Brexit - Yorkshire Post

Channa
    I agree with you on both the question of press sensationalism and on the government not having a clue what it is doing. If this were not so serious, with people's lives and livelihoods being threatened, it would be comical. That haulage firm owners report of his meeting with Grayling was frightening.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Key word, "concern".

"Warren says she does not feel reassured by the government statements." Her opinion.

Speaking with my recently retired cousin a couple of week ago, whom has exemplary credentials and ex director of Health Scotland, topic drifted to the B word and reports about lack of drugs, etc. With a reply of (speaking of NHS Scotland) there are contingency plans in place re; drugs. Plus, don't always believe what is read in the press.

Regarding "use/abuse" statement not being relevant, like any professional within health care and government, education is key, whether ciggies, drink, drugs or poor diet, the message is, don't do it, prevention is key, unfortunately not everyone takes this onboard.

Madeleine Warren is now where she is due to an illness at the age of 13, which was no doubt horrendous for her and her family. Most of her comments are if's and but's, nothing concrete, just another doom and gloom statement with no factual basis.

Although not relevant to the lady, "Warren, a former executive at Goldman Sachs."

The same company stated Brexit would not be good for the UK. Their statement had me put another tick in the leave make my mind up box list. A certain breed of person work for GS, in it for the money, that is company policy.
    Key word is concern indeed . Easy to be flippant when you don't have a life threatening illness .
    As I said already your comment was not relevant to the thread .
    Current health professionals in Scotland have publicised the fact they have lost thousands of staff due to brexit . Not an if , but or maybe .
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information