CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Drugs post brexit,,dialysis diabetics et al ..and fake news ?

  1. #21

    Member Number
    7572
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,724
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Key word is concern indeed . Easy to be flippant when you don't have a life threatening illness .
    As I said already your comment was not relevant to the thread .
    Current health professionals in Scotland have publicised the fact they have lost thousands of staff due to brexit . Not an if , but or maybe .
    Which comment, or are you referring to my whole post??
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

  2. #22

    Member Number
    79683
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    101
    Location
    Wales
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    Drug companies do and always will put profit first. there is no way that they will allow their profits to be impacted by Brexit. Any potential impact on their revenue stream will be already mitigated. ENOUGH OF THE SCAREMONGERING FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
    Just wandering around and loving it.

  3. #23

    Member Number
    6231
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,038
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    Drug companies do and always will put profit first. there is no way that they will allow their profits to be impacted by Brexit. Any potential impact on their revenue stream will be already mitigated. ENOUGH OF THE SCAREMONGERING FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
    There is no scaremongering ,the fact remains drugs which are time sensitive, temperature sensitive need unfettered distribution channels for import, Clearly all the talk of additional documentation, a slower process at the ports places pressure on what is already time sensitive, I cant possibly see how that is scaremongering...if the topic was about salad tomatoes from Spain I might agree hardly potentially life threatening.

    If your assumption scaremongering is true then perhaps you would like to explain why our government are not giving assurances surely the logical thing to do if the situation is resolved

    Large pharmas make profits, inflated at times and the larger ones lobby government but that's all they do they have no direct influence over the administration re import and export

    Channa
    Likes delicagirl, iampatman liked this post
    Thanks John H thanked for this post

  4. #24

    Member Number
    41758
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,508
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I repeat - there are 75,000 UK lorries regularly going to the EU to trade. If we leave without a deal, the number that get permits will be just over 1,000. That is a severe loss and will inevitably result in not only less traffic and potential shortages but also many UK haulage firms going out of business. That is not a scare tactic; it is fact.

    You seem not to understand the way tariffs will work. You cannot consider imports without considering exports. There is a tariff wall around the outside of the EU. Currently, we are on the inside. In a no deal Brexit we will be on the outside. That means that any UK firm exporting to the EU will be subject to tariffs that are beyond our control. If we were to not put tariffs on goods coming in we are thus putting our industry at a tremendous disadvantage. Not only do they lose export opportunities, they also lose out in the UK market to cheap imports. That is no way to run an economy. To use your terminology, it would be plain stupid not to impose tariffs on imports if exports are being subject to them. If we followed your suggestion, imports would increase, exports would decrease, jobs would be lost and prices for staple goods would rapidly increase.


    You say we are paying billions for Trident so the EU can use it. Rubbish. We are paying that money because of the governments desire to have what it calls an independent deterrent. I totally disagree with the Trident policy but it has absolutely nothing to do with the EU.
    Trident? for our INDEPENDENT DETERENT. Controlled by the EU Council as part of the European Armed Forces.
    I know how tarifFs work so do not be condescending. They are on items that would be detrimental to the countries needs by harming home products. Leave will not be happening as the propoganda machine in this Country has meant sure it won't. The second vote will come in the end and too much effort has and will go into it to make sure it will be stay.

  5. #25

    Member Number
    25357
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,727
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    Trident? for our INDEPENDENT DETERENT. Controlled by the EU Council as part of the European Armed Forces.
    I know how tarifFs work so do not be condescending. They are on items that would be detrimental to the countries needs by harming home products. Leave will not be happening as the propoganda machine in this Country has meant sure it won't. The second vote will come in the end and too much effort has and will go into it to make sure it will be stay.

    Trident is an absolute waste of money and is , basically , controlled by the USA
    Likes John H liked this post

  6. #26

    Member Number
    79683
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    101
    Location
    Wales
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    There is no scaremongering ,the fact remains drugs which are time sensitive, temperature sensitive need unfettered distribution channels for import, Clearly all the talk of additional documentation, a slower process at the ports places pressure on what is already time sensitive, I cant possibly see how that is scaremongering...if the topic was about salad tomatoes from Spain I might agree hardly potentially life threatening.

    If your assumption scaremongering is true then perhaps you would like to explain why our government are not giving assurances surely the logical thing to do if the situation is resolved

    Large pharmas make profits, inflated at times and the larger ones lobby government but that's all they do they have no direct influence over the administration re import and export

    Channa
    I am a Diabetic I am Not worried for the very reasons I have already stated. Also please take time to do some research. the UK is a major provider of Pharmaceuticals to the EU and check the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry which is the trade association for over 120 Pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in the UK producing prescription medicines for humans. also please check Here
    Just wandering around and loving it.
    Likes channa liked this post

  7. #27

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,925
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    Trident? for our INDEPENDENT DETERENT. Controlled by the EU Council as part of the European Armed Forces.
    I know how tarifFs work so do not be condescending. They are on items that would be detrimental to the countries needs by harming home products. Leave will not be happening as the propoganda machine in this Country has meant sure it won't. The second vote will come in the end and too much effort has and will go into it to make sure it will be stay.
    Absolute rubbish.

    Trident, as alcam pointed out, is controlled by the USA not the EU.

    If you really do understand tariffs, why did you speak so much nonsense about them earlier?

    Whether there will be a second vote or not, I do not know but I am not in favour of it for the simple reason that I believe the country is stupid enough to vote the same way again.
    Likes TJBi liked this post

  8. #28

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,727
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Thought it was a myth that Trident is controlled by the USA.

  9. #29

    Member Number
    4913
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,925
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Thought it was a myth that Trident is controlled by the USA.
    House of Commons - Defence - Written Evidence

  10. #30

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,727
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Yes yes, I read all that before. Doesn't say the US control Trident. Just says it's not truly independent, everyone knows that. Unsustainable without the US too, still doesn't mean they control it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •