Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spain's Response to Brexit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    There are Two Spains.

The vomit covered Costas , ruined by ignorant tourism. The locals there see themselves as zoo keepers and only tolerate their guests, so that they can make/ take money from them...
    My Dad worked at Butlins.. It was the same attitude there.

Well away from the bleeding obvious resorts, visitors or mainly welcome because they tend to be less drunk and disorderly and more interested in their surroundings.... I.M.H.O.
    You don't have to go far from the Benidorm type resorts to see a different Spain. I worked for a few weeks in Reus, which is 5 minutes down the road from Salou. The 2 places are totally different, as you say, the British tourists were also totally different to the ones in Salou.

At the time (1990ish) the double decker buses used to ferry out the idiots on their very cheap holidays. Some of them were unbelievable, they made Orcs look sophisticated.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    And I am one of those who will definitely be travelling to Spain for as long as I am allowed to. Contrary to what has been said above, I find the Spanish people very welcoming and friendly and Spain a wonderful (and excellent value!) country to spend as much time in as possible. I don't judge a country's people by the actions and statements of politicians who are seeking re-election. I would be mortified if they judged me by the actions and words of our idiotic government.
    You mean the very people who support the actions and statements of the very politicians and government who slate and harass the Brits?
    Just wandering around and loving it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    Time for me to leave..
    Bye !
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes Wully, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    You mean the very people who support the actions and statements of the very politicians and government who slate and harass the Brits?
    No, I mean the very people who are so welcoming and friendly and who accept that I no more represent the xenophobic government that happens to rule the country I live in any more than they do
    Likes TJBi liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    Time for me to leave..
    Bye !
    Please don't - this thread clearly needs a dose of sanity.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrybill View Post
    Sick and tired of the Peage's in Spain, they won't take UK bank cards and today the bleedin' thing would not take a 50E note, pains in the bloody arse. When the man arrived he said "UK bank card no good" and I replied "It's a Santander card, Spanish". "Yes" he said, "Spanish bank but English account so no good". Anybody else suffered as a result of Brexit lol
    Inconvenient for you I’m sure but hardly “Spain’s Response to Brexit”

Pat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW t5
    Anyway... Back to the Santander bank thread, whilst in Spain we don't withdraw money from Santander banks as their charges are one of the highest we've come across. This includes using our UK Santander bank card.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    We have used our Santander zero credit card with no problems. Don't get cash out but no fee for euro purchases.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    A grassy arse to the Spanish foreign minister for this very welcome outbreak of common sense.

Brexit: Spain to give 400,000 Britons rights under no deal - BBC News
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    We had the same problem in Spain, Long before the Brexit vote. Why is everything Brexits Fault?........Let's be honest here, the Spanish do not like the British, They will do everything in their power to disrupt the British, mainly because of Gibraltar. We used to go to Spain almost every year but since they started making things difficult (Illegally) for the people of Gibralter (Uncensored by the EU) I have not been back to spain and will not be back again. Nor have I for many years bought Spanish goods or produce. There are plenty of decent countries to visit and buy from. Why continuously allow ourselves to be humiliated and denigrated by the Spanish?....Go somewhere else.
    Well all i can say is thank god you dont come to Spain any more,
    Likes iampatman, alcam, John H liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information