CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spain's Response to Brexit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Peugeot boxer

Spain's Response to Brexit

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Sick and tired of the Peage's in Spain, they won't take UK bank cards and today the bleedin' thing would not take a 50E note, pains in the bloody arse. When the man arrived he said "UK bank card no good" and I replied "It's a Santander card, Spanish". "Yes" he said, "Spanish bank but English account so no good". Anybody else suffered as a result of Brexit lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Discovery 1 G610 WAC plus Motorhome
    We were in Spain 6 years ago, had trouble with Sandandare account, would not accept card in a lot of places.
    http://www.130sasha.co.uk/www.130sasha.co.uk
    http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    We had the same problem in Spain, Long before the Brexit vote. Why is everything Brexits Fault?........Let's be honest here, the Spanish do not like the British, They will do everything in their power to disrupt the British, mainly because of Gibraltar. We used to go to Spain almost every year but since they started making things difficult (Illegally) for the people of Gibralter (Uncensored by the EU) I have not been back to spain and will not be back again. Nor have I for many years bought Spanish goods or produce. There are plenty of decent countries to visit and buy from. Why continuously allow ourselves to be humiliated and denigrated by the Spanish?....Go somewhere else.
    Last edited by ChrisCross; 02-03-2019 at 04:27.
    Just wandering around and loving it.
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    The last load of them arrived here with the sunken armada we ki--ed the feckers,hands of gibraltar.
    Is it not about time GB stood up to spain and sort this out for good.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes pamjon liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    I think you two complainers are well and truly outnumbered

A total of 13 million British tourists visited Spain in 2015, said Abta, up 6% on the year before. It anticipates that 2016 will easily be a record-busting year. “Spain now accounts for around 20% of the total number of visits by British people abroad,” said a spokeswoman.Aug 30, 2016
    Record numbers of Britons head to Spain on summer holidays ...
    Comparable figures for Spanish tourists to GB were 2.39 million in 2016
    Last edited by Tony Lee; 02-03-2019 at 07:48.
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently Germany, Italy, England and Ireland
    Likes John H, TJBi, londontavern liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
    I think you two complainers are well and truly outnumbered

Comparable figures for Spanish tourists to GB were 2.39 million in 2016
    And I am one of those who will definitely be travelling to Spain for as long as I am allowed to. Contrary to what has been said above, I find the Spanish people very welcoming and friendly and Spain a wonderful (and excellent value!) country to spend as much time in as possible. I don't judge a country's people by the actions and statements of politicians who are seeking re-election. I would be mortified if they judged me by the actions and words of our idiotic government.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    I suspect the issue is nothing to do with perceived Spanish British sentiments but more likely the sterling origin of the cards being used, Santander seem to have a problem and don't forget the TSB are part of Sabadell ,,,,I guess more a banking issue in reality

Channa
    Likes jeffmossy, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I suspect the issue is nothing to do with perceived Spanish British sentiments but more likely the sterling origin of the cards being used, Santander seem to have a problem and don't forget the TSB are part of Sabadell ,,,,I guess more a banking issue in reality

Channa
    never mind we can leave it to the marines to sort it out . after all they did have a practice a few years ago. ha ha .
    BBC News | EUROPE | Spanish smiles over invasion gaffe
    Likes 2cv, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Spain 2 England 1

From the WEB
    The government of Morocco has repeatedly called for Spain to transfer the sovereignty of Ceuta and Melilla, together with the rest of the Spanish plazas de soberanía on the North African coast, on the grounds of asserting its territorial integrity. Morocco has claimed the territories are colonies.

So Spain has 2 "colonies" compared with UK's 1 (Gibraltar)

Not Saying UK is correct But why does nobody point this out to the EU and Spain when they whinge.

It is a muddled world

Pauljenny is offline PHEASANT PLUCKER
    Name: Where's Me- Wallet
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    There are Two Spains.

The vomit covered Costas , ruined by ignorant tourism. The locals there see themselves as zoo keepers and only tolerate their guests, so that they can make/ take money from them...
    My Dad worked at Butlins.. It was the same attitude there.

Well away from the bleeding obvious resorts, visitors or mainly welcome because they tend to be less drunk and disorderly and more interested in their surroundings.... I.M.H.O.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes channa, John H, TJBi, korky, iampatman, delicagirl, tilly liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information