CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Sunday

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    And they wonder why they have difficulty recruiting for the Armed Forces.

The number of Gurkha units is being increased, presumably to cover the shortfall in British recruits.
    Likes channa, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Was that really part of the GFA?
    If so, it should have been honoured because this can only serve to stir up bad feelings across the board.
    Yep, and I agree

Maze emptied as terrorist prisoners walk free | UK news | The Guardian
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Nobody prosecuted for Inniskillen, nor the two lads in Warrington to my knowledge, yet they know who they are. This latest injustice is about scapegoating and they have chosen a token squaddy. Makes you sick.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Trafic
    I knew someone who was sick to the back teeth of it all and even they got half inched!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Nobody prosecuted for Inniskillen, nor the two lads in Warrington to my knowledge, yet they know who they are. This latest injustice is about scapegoating and they have chosen a token squaddy. Makes you sick.
    I don'r agree with it, but if they are going to prosecute, why single out one person. Is he going to be the token defendant? They are talking about justice, but this seems inhumane.
    Likes izwozral, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    I don'r agree with it, but if they are going to prosecute, why single out one person. Is he going to be the token defendant? They are talking about justice, but this seems inhumane.
    Tokenism to appease the relatives? But it doesn't even do that, with many relatives unhappy with the decision, wanting more. I can't imagine what Soldier F is feeling, wasn't he just following orders? He must be feeling totally betrayed by it all. It is a total disgrace.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post

The case for prosecuting Bloody Sunday ‘Soldier F’ | The Spectator
    I'm not sure if you can read this without registering, I did first time around but now it asks me to register.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    The case for prosecuting Bloody Sunday ‘Soldier F’ | The Spectator
    I'm not sure if you can read this without registering, I did first time around but now it asks me to register.
    Managed to read about four paragraphs or so before it asked for registration but I gather that the evidence given by the soldiers was less than truthful? Not really surprising given the circumstances but the main contention for me and I dare say, for a lot of people, is the fact that there are an awful lot of murderous terrorists from both sides have effectively been given a free pardon.
    Likes shaunr68, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    Managed to read about four paragraphs or so before it asked for registration but I gather that the evidence given by the soldiers was less than truthful? Not really surprising given the circumstances but the main contention for me and I dare say, for a lot of people, is the fact that there are an awful lot of murderous terrorists from both sides have effectively been given a free pardon.
    Another article also from the Spectator:

Forgive the IRA and we must forgive the Bloody Sunday soldiers too

"Post–agreement, convicted IRA murderers literally laughed as they left the dock, smug in the certainty that in short order the court would have no choice but to set them free. I realise that only the inclusion of prisoner release made the agreement possible, but the moral compromise was enormous. This expedient deal with the devil showed no respect for the feelings of the families who’d lost relatives to Northern Irish terrorism. They just had to suck it up. In which case, sorry to be so brutal, but the families of Bloody Sunday’s victims should have to suck it up, too."
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes izwozral, trevskoda, Wully, ian1950, bmc, roamingman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    I was sixteen at the time and was a cadet in the Air Training Corp. One summer (early 70's) week long trip to Drip Camp, think Dobbies garden centre at Stirling.

A squad of paras were training on base, we were looked upon as easy fodder for this particular squad of thugs, and a source of entertainment. Takes a special breed of thug to do what these thugs did for entertainment on a group of teens. As for me, my age at that time, I was sharp as a tack, if I couldn't outrun whomever, I would out manovre. One particular day I was cornered, my only option was to jump into the River Forth, which I did and swam in full fatigues to the other bank to get away from a couple of these thugs.

Reflecting back from what these thugs did for fun on what was basically a bunch of teens. Wouldn't surprise me of these allegations being true and, there should be no escape from due legal process, irrelevant of how long ago.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information