CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Prepares

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre

Nicola Prepares

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    With every twist in the Brexit saga the SNP have found an excuse for another independence referendum. Now it seems possible that Jeremy Corbin may soon be prime minister Nicola says that she is sure that the Scottish people should have another referendum so that they can determine their own future.
    It would appear that she was not listening to those very people when they made their “once in a generation” decision in 2014.
    Scottish independence: Sturgeon says Corbyn's indyref2 opposition is 'strange' - BBC News
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    When do politicians ever listen Bill? I've run out of patience with the lot of them.
    Likes 2cv, channa, mariesnowgoose, Justjack, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    All I know is people in Scotland aare living WAAAAYYYYY past their life expectancy.

That is the only explanation I can think of having a "once in a lifetime" referendum on independence 4 years ago and then calling for another one for the last 3 years.

Unless of course it is down to the vote not going the SNPs way? but surely that is too cynical?
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes 2cv liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    When do politicians ever listen Bill? I've run out of patience with the lot of them.
    I’m the same as you Sue they never listen just the same for Brexit once in a lifetime vote but there is talk of another referendum..erm so the 17.5 million people don’t count then! But if we did have another “once in a lifetime vote” and the remainers win would they then give the brexiteers another vote,and so,on and so on!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    upon a little reflection this time they are going to pay for it.

Leaving the merits of in /out the EU for a second, and ignoring the dodgy maths and stats offered by both sides of the argument the referendum was a 52 /48 to leave split.

The government hasn't achieved this simple promise, followed through on a simple decision, some would argue the very people we elect to represent us and our wishes have failed in that duty. The stark simplicity of the concept has dis enfranchised a lot of the voting population all sides of the fence, a poorly handled concept form day 1

Has for the SNP desire to leave the union at least they are consistent and clearly using Brexit as leverage for another referendum but I wouldn't expect a nationalist party to behave any different.

Irrespective of how Brexit unfolds the political landscape of the UK is on the precipice of a monumental change now is the time we cant afford to be indifferent

Channa
    Thanks mariesnowgoose, korky thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I am with Channa

I am not a political animal..
    But as has been said As of Now Brexit has not been delivered..Why not ?

Perhaps because 90% of MP's are self-seeking self-opinionated GITS

The party system is defunct...Mps of all parties should have had "free votes" on recent issues

As for so called meaningful (or is it meaningless) vostes and indicative votes ???

The Speaker has also also shown both bias and mis-judgement...He needs to Go

I have vowed never to vote Tory or Labour ever !!

But the Great British and Brussels gravy train will keep going and going and going but unlikely to go

Personally I think Brexit is a mistake but given that it was voted for it should have happened
    Irrespective of the fact that the 3 bears breakfast of hard or not so hard or soft brexit was a side issue
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    The ulster unionists did not get things all there way either,GB is falling apart as do all great nations,greek and roman spring to mind,next we will have a dictator.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Whilst that everyone has said about all politicianseverything is patently true, it is interesting that all of these votes are split somewhere around 50/50 give or take a few percent so the politicians are actually mirroring the country as a whole.
    They are useless but leaving is a hugely complicated process and having a yes, no referendum was far too oversimplified, so I don't think this mess is completely their fault (but almost!).

Personally I would like several parallel universes so I could see all the different outcomes and just who was right and who was wrong...
    Likes trevskoda, jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
    I’m the same as you Sue they never listen just the same for Brexit once in a lifetime vote but there is talk of another referendum..erm so the 17.5 million people don’t count then! But if we did have another “once in a lifetime vote” and the remainers win would they then give the brexiteers another vote,and so,on and so on!
    It has been decided to settle the stay-remain debate once and for all! everyone is agreed.

Rock-Paper-Scissors - simples.

Theresa May is going to request an extension to article 50 while the game runs.
    It will take some time as it will be the best out of 60,000,001 goes.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    It's all too well coordinated, to be by chance. ..
    Divide and conquer, destabilise and bring down the present order.
    Someone is pulling the strings.
    Who has the political or religious will AND the financial resources to achieve this.. ?
    Answers on a postcard to .... Etc, etc.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information