CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trees are green **warning rude content!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The last few years with various campaigns, restrictions and controls has seen a big decrease in tobacco usage, Alcohol is next on the list.

How much does a bottle of Scotch cost to produce ? and then what does it retail for after all the taxes and duties applied ?

Even wines in your local supermarket and beers are priced ABV so the Scottish stance to me at least appears understandable considering the health costs over the years

Channa
    Likes Debroos liked this post
    Thanks Debroos thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    The last few years with various campaigns, restrictions and controls has seen a big decrease in tobacco usage, Alcohol is next on the list.

How much does a bottle of Scotch cost to produce ? and then what does it retail for after all the taxes and duties applied ?

Even wines in your local supermarket and beers are priced ABV so the Scottish stance to me at least appears understandable considering the health costs over the years

Channa
    It is a problem channa . No idea whether these measures in Scotland do anything to help or not .
    As the target is 50p per unit it doesn't affect the pub drinker . Unless there was a pub selling beer at £1 a
    pint !
    In which case I've missed out .
    Edinburgh is expensive for drink anyway pub down the street is selling beer at over £6 a pint !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    From discussions with those within my elite “bubble” those individuals who were drinking cheap fire water, are now either making their own, or buying cheap vodka, or similar.

Back to the point, where is the extra revenue going once it reaches Holyrood, as the problem has not gone away?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    You are absolutely correct , bet you don't hear that too often
    As it is only you and the dug, bet you don’t hear that often, too!
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    From discussions with those within my elite “bubble” those individuals who were drinking cheap fire water, are now either making their own, or buying cheap vodka, or similar.

Back to the point, where is the extra revenue going once it reaches Holyrood, as the problem has not gone away?
    Find it hard to take seriously an argument based on conversations with Joe the joiner etc . But lets say , in this case , they are correct . That would indicate a decrease in revenue surely ?
    Don't know if tesco etc pay taxes in Scotland ? Even if they do , from what you tell us , this particular part of the market is doing nothing for their profits .
    So , again , what extra revenue ?

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's gone bald!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post

Runnach inside his "bubble"

Runnach.jpg
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes maingate, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Runnach inside his "bubble"

Runnach.jpg
    Happier than that, Marie! Currently enjoying your lakes for the first time and supping lovely Cumbria real ale 🍺
    Likes channa liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information