Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's gone bald!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

Hymer recalled to Germany?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    From The London Economic, April 12th 2019:

Protesters blockade Aldi as it's German, saying 'this is Brexit at it's best'

Extract:

"Half a dozen protestors in cars and camper vans blockaded an Aldi depot, seemingly for the reason that the firm originates in Germany. The xenophobic protestors blocking off the road in front of the multinational supermarket chain’s Merseyside centre were spotted brandishing Union Jacks. "This is Brexit at it's best," one bellowed through a megaphone."

Unbelievably a Hymer motorhome was used in the blockade. Hope it wasn't one of our members, how embarrassing!

Will the Hymer eventually be confiscated and returned to the fatherland if Brexit borders materialise down the line? I sincerely hope so!

Last edited by mariesnowgoose; 13-04-2019 at 16:02.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes hextal, Debroos, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    How ironic.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    The French the green vests. The British version the brown pants
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by Looser cruiser View Post
    The French the green vests. The British version the brown pants

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Likes alcam, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I would urge everyone to get out and vote in the EU elections. Whatever your viewpoint on Brexit, there will be a huge swing across Europe to elect MEPs who want to change the direction of the EU. As a one off, you could vote for the Brexit Party just to get a larger British MEP group. When combined with other countries, we could get the change that a lot of people want and the EU will not give. Who you vote for in a UK General Election is entirely up to you. The 2 big Parties regard the EU elections as a waste of time ... the same attitude as they give to their constituents.
    Likes antiquesam, toasty, Larnie, deanjo liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I would urge everyone to get out and vote in the EU elections. Whatever your viewpoint on Brexit, there will be a huge swing across Europe to elect MEPs who want to change the direction of the EU. As a one off, you could vote for the Brexit Party just to get a larger British MEP group. When combined with other countries, we could get the change that a lot of people want and the EU will not give. Who you vote for in a UK General Election is entirely up to you. The 2 big Parties regard the EU elections as a waste of time ... the same attitude as they give to their constituents.
    I get your point but would find it hard to vote for Farage etc . I know , I'll be spoilt for choice .
    Your post also dispels the constant assertion , from many , that we (via elected members) have no say what happens in EU .
    JRM said something similar last week , totally contradicting himself . What else is new .
    Likes John H, Debroos, Fisherman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    I get your point but would find it hard to vote for Farage etc . I know , I'll be spoilt for choice .
    Your post also dispels the constant assertion , from many , that we (via elected members) have no say what happens in EU .
    JRM said something similar last week , totally contradicting himself . What else is new .
    You voted to remain, so I would expect you to avoid anyone with a bias against the EU. 17.4 million others might have a different opinion though.
    Likes Larnie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    You voted to remain, so I would expect you to avoid anyone with a bias against the EU. 17.4 million others might have a different opinion though.
    I did , indeed , vote remain . Doesn't , of course , mean I think EU is perfect .
    You have stated , I think , that you'd be happy in a reformed EU ?
    Farage is not there to reform . Think he did say if brexit goes wrong he'll move to Europe
    Likes Fisherman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    I think this civil conversation so far between remainers and brexiteers highlights one common gripe. The scales of economy and free trade arrangements that exist as part of a common market most people seem to endorse, The gripe is the political side, I don't remember voting for Juncker or Barnier those we vote for in turn cast their vote that is how this "democratic" process works

I guess politically each member state is preserving self interest the best they can. If we accept that we are going to have EU elections then perhaps cast our traditional apathy aside and vote for reformists who can bear pressure that political change is halted or curtailed. Long term I believe we will still be part of Europe in some shape or form therefore it makes sense to start electing representatives who will stamp their feet and fight for a stronger uk within Europe

A lot of our woes if we consider for a second are as a result of our own apathy traditionally towards Europe fielded the second team, Whether we remain in or out we must pay more attention to bargaining a better deal for the UK

Channa
    Likes alcam, korky, Norad60 liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information