CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasgow University.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Nothing is obvious, because nothing has happened yet, all speculation.

Insults: which they are not, you worked within education, was it geography? Either or, you worked within a very sheltered environment, where others have worked in the real world.

Divers don't flounder, or even sink, until they want to, as they, me, are in control and do not fear the future.
    You think it is speculation to say that if a shop is forced to close its doors to a large proportion of its customers then its profits will be lower than otherwise then you claim to live in the real world! Keep putting that foot in that mouth - you are the kind of person that leads others to claim that all Leave votes are stupid!
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    You think it is speculation to say that if a shop is forced to close its doors to a large proportion of its customers then its profits will be lower than otherwise then you claim to live in the real world! Keep putting that foot in that mouth - you are the kind of person that leads others to claim that all Leave votes are stupid!
    What shop is being forced to close??

More like your old mind.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Anyways John, you worry too much, go take a chill pill and enjoy what time we have left on this planet.

Cheers.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    What shop is being forced to close??

More like your old mind.
    I'm sorry - I have clearly over-estimated your intelligence. I will try not to make that mistake again
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks N/A thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    I'm sorry - I have clearly over-estimated your intelligence. I will try not to make that mistake again
    You "clearly" have.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    No-one said they would fail but it makes no sense to make it more difficult for some of their best-paying customers to enter the shop
    Is this in relation to when (if!?) the UK leaves the EU, it will be harder for the students from the remaining EU countries to study in the UK - and specifically Scotland in this case?

Assuming so, then actually it may well be the reverse in terms of the "best-paying customers" as currently there are no Tutition Fees for any students from Scotland OR the EU (except the rest of the UK perversely).
    So for every EU student getting a free place currently, that will become a place with 10k or so coming in instead, be that place kept by an EU student, or outside the EU (seems to be plenty of non-EU students around as entry to Study is not hard to get)
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Is this in relation to when (if!?) the UK leaves the EU, it will be harder for the students from the remaining EU countries to study in the UK - and specifically Scotland in this case?

Assuming so, then actually it may well be the reverse in terms of the "best-paying customers" as currently there are no Tutition Fees for any students from Scotland OR the EU (except the rest of the UK perversely).
    So for every EU student getting a free place currently, that will become a place with 10k or so coming in instead, be that place kept by an EU student, or outside the EU (seems to be plenty of non-EU students around as entry to Study is not hard to get)
    But surely , bright individuals studying high quality subjects having to find finance it will discourage, Equally Scottish young people wanting to study in mainland Europe are prejudiced having to find funds ? Surely that is one additional obstacle ,Unless we believe studying abroad with like minded individuals is of no academic benefit, or we subscribe to the theory education should be restricted to the haves and have nots

The tuition fees in England are certainly having a negative affect with the red brick universities both for our domestic and foreign students. The policy is that effective Nick CLegg lost his seat in Sheffield for this very reason. But there again it says little for the mans intellect promoting tuition fees when his constituency is a heavily populated in a University city

BTW 10 k buys one term down here, 30 K nearer the mark for a degree course with living costs estimates closer to 50 K

Channa
    Likes John H, Debroos, N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    But surely , bright individuals studying high quality subjects having to find finance it will discourage, Equally Scottish young people wanting to study in mainland Europe are prejudiced having to find funds ? Surely that is one additional obstacle ,Unless we believe studying abroad with like minded individuals is of no academic benefit, or we subscribe to the theory education should be restricted to the haves and have nots

The tuition fees in England are certainly having a negative affect with the red brick universities both for our domestic and foreign students. The policy is that effective Nick CLegg lost his seat in Sheffield for this very reason. But there again it says little for the mans intellect promoting tuition fees when his constituency is a heavily populated in a University city

BTW 10 k buys one term down here, 30 K nearer the mark for a degree course with living costs estimates closer to 50 K

Channa
    Not saying it is fair or good. I was answering the incorrect point about that leaving the EU will reduce the income the Uni gets from EU students.
    Also. I was referring to TUTITION FEES, not the overall cost of attending a university. fees are limited to just about 10k PER ANNUM as far as I am aware. Students even in Scotland still have to pay the living costs, it is just the fees that are not charged.

It can be expensive going to Uni. On my course, I got Sponsorship, plus the full London Grant, plus I worked in the Student Bar and in the Holidays and still had an overdraft.

Ref Nick Clegg - I would argue that if he believes in Tutition Fees, the fact he is not hiding that because of his seat location being one where that view is not popular says more about his personal ethics and intelligence than his desire to make sure he keeps his local popularity.
    I know which stance I have more respect for.
    Last edited by wildebus; 28-04-2019 at 09:29.
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Not saying it is fair or good. I was answering the incorrect point about that leaving the EU will reduce the income the Uni gets from EU students.
    Also. I was referring to TUTITION FEES, not the overall cost of attending a university. fees are limited to just about 10k PER ANNUM as far as I am aware. Students even in Scotland still have to pay the living costs, it is just the fees that are not charged.

It can be expensive going to Uni. On my course, I got Sponsorship, plus the full London Grant, plus I worked in the Student Bar and in the Holidays and still had an overdraft.

Ref Nick Clegg - I would argue that if he believes in Tutition Fees, the fact he is not hiding that because of his seat location being one where that view is not popular says more about his personal ethics and intelligence than his desire to make sure he keeps his local popularity.
    I know which stance I have more respect for.
    Not incorrect. At present, Scotland classifies EU students as "home" students and thus offers free tuition. If we leave the EU, that status will be impossible to justify and fees will almost certainly be imposed. This will reduce the number of students coming in and thus all the other income that they bring with them. Fees will be gained but other income will be lost, with the net effect that there will be fewer students and less income.

In England, of course, tuition is not free, so the loss will be even greater.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter

Does Scotland have a reciprocal arrangement with the EU then, so Scottish students can study free in the EU?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information