CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storyville

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    This is how football works, pay big bucks to get the best for the team to achieve, irrelevant of nationality.

With the EU, we, the taxpayer, pay big bucks for little return, while the EU team get fat on the backs of the hard working tax paying mugs.
    I agree with the first part - but much preferred it when local teams were actually full of local players. Even at semi-professional level these days, it is rare to find a local player. For example, most of the Belper Town team are from Yorkshire and there isn't a Belper player in the team. very sad.

As for the second part, well you wouldn't expect me to agree - and I don't. But the point that came across from the Storyville programmes was primarily that, whatever your view on Brexit, the EU team was united and the UK team hadn't a clue what it wanted from one minute to the next. The most telling point in the second programme was when the EU team were watching May on TV at the Tory Party Conference and one of them turned to another and said that if she comes on the stage to "Dancing Queen" then maybe Barnier should enter the room at the next round of negotiations to "The Winner Takes It All". That sums up the entire two years plus of talks. It doesnt matter whether you are a Remainer or a Brexiteer, but one thing we can all agree on is that our team has been crap and deserves to lose. Embarrassing.
    Likes Foolonthehill liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Yes I found the second program just as interesting, but even so it became more obvious that very little of the footage was of the EU steering committee, most of it was one MEP's entourage.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Yes I found the second program just as interesting, but even so it became more obvious that very little of the footage was of the EU steering committee, most of it was one MEP's entourage.
    But that MEP was the Brexit Co-ordinator for the European Parliament!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    But that MEP was the Brexit Co-ordinator for the European Parliament!
    Yes it was interesting how much influence one MEP and his lackeys can have, but then we have previously had Farage to show this.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Yes it was interesting how much influence one MEP and his lackeys can have, but then we have previously had Farage to show this.
    It is easy to influence things when the opposition hasn't a clue what it is doing. Back in my local council days, before we took control we were in opposition for four years but the ruling Tory group was so disorganized and divided that we could get through most of what we wanted.

Member Number
    Vote for the Brexit Party!
    Likes maingate liked this post

alwaysared is offline Full Member
    Name: Derek AKA Del
    Spouse: Diane

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    I still can't see what we needed a negotiator for, we voted to leave not to leave with a deal to suit the rich.

Regards,
    Del
    In my defence 9 times out of 10 it does look like I'm listening.
    Likes Mick H liked this post
    Thanks Mick H thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysared View Post
    I still can't see what we needed a negotiator for, we voted to leave not to leave with a deal to suit the rich.

Regards,
    Del
    We didn't. It's all happened before, Henry VIII fell for the same trick, being advised he needed negotiators. Didn't end too well for the negotiators when they messed up.
    Likes alwaysared, runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    We didn't. It's all happened before, Henry VIII fell for the same trick, being advised he needed negotiators. Didn't end too well for the negotiators when they messed up.
    Well then, let's hope history repeats itself.

Theresa May should now be in the Tower of London ... facing the axe.
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    [QUOTE=maingate;1011394

Theresa May should now be in the Tower of London ... facing the axe. [/QUOTE]

Likely any day now, but then again could take the customary 3 years at least for the Government
    to make a decision. Besides which the axe would never get through her unbelievably thick skin,
    and due to the ways in which people are trained in the UK these days, the axeperson would no
    doubt miss.

Noooo, transport her to France they have a more efficient method, probably wouldn't charge
    import duties if we're quick about it, chop chop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information