CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Who is NOT voting this Thursday?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Trump has a wall to pay for before he goes shopping for welfare systems

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Listening to my mechanical class chatting with each other today, discussing the virtues of their employers, after a while one lad piped up, "geez I wouldn't fancy doing the work you guys do, I have a cushy number and it is rare to have full on day" or words to this effect.

He is employed by NHS Lothian. My take, this non productive organisation get enough of our taxed £, it is purely mis-managed in my opinion and from experience. Then there is the random words above from one off, their apprentices. When any organisation does not have to earn the money, similar to councils, it is easy to scream out WE NEED MORE MONEY, which us idiots inevitably have to fork out through higher taxation of our hard earned!
    You are right about incompetence etc. and having also had an elderly father have a bad time in hospital I can really sympathise about your mum.

However, it is a fact that this country spends less per head on healthcare than most european countries. I would have thought that both more money and greater efficiency were needed....

I'm not sure how much they pay in France but I do know that their healthcare is far superior to ours.
    Does anyone out there know how much the insurance is?
    After all we do, theoretically, pay National Insurance ourselves...
    Thanks runnach thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Personally I would rather we fixed it and made it better for all rather than hand it all over to Trump and the likes of Arron Banks who can sell us all insurance policies but oddly in what seems like some world I no longer recognise it seems its yet another acceptable price for Brexit which so far the only benefits seem to be Blue Passports (made in France).
    I would certainly not disagree with your fix wish, I've been investing in this scheme since I commenced working at fifteen year old. Certainly not like to see it flogged off to anyone. Fortunately never had to use NHS in earnest and hope I never do, would they pay me back for many years of non use of system I have paid in to?

Perhaps a good start would be consultant not having one foot in the private sector, the other in NHS sector. Same for bank nurses, some never take a permanent position, as money is far better being in bank system. Also senior management fancy offices, certainly through my sis and I three year quest taking them to task, we witnessed really plush offices, where the likes of Liberton hospital is well past it's sell by date. These are a couple of examples, there are many more.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    You are right about incompetence etc. and having also had an elderly father have a bad time in hospital I can really sympathise about your mum.

However, it is a fact that this country spends less per head on healthcare than most european countries. I would have thought that both more money and greater efficiency were needed....

I'm not sure how much they pay in France but I do know that their healthcare is far superior to ours.
    Does anyone out there know how much the insurance is?
    After all we do, theoretically, pay National Insurance ourselves...
    Again from personal experience, when Mrs R's dad was in a bad place and eventually died in Poitiers Hospital France, some off, his care was questionable. The French also make a payment for drugs from chemists. IMO, all these large organisations are on par with each other, headless monsters, too big to control.

Personally, I would rather see money spent on prevention, such as drug and alcohol abuse, then saved funds directed towards research in various other fields, cancer being to the fore.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes trevskoda, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Again from personal experience, when Mrs R's dad was in a bad place and eventually died in Poitiers Hospital France, some off, his care was questionable. The French also make a payment for drugs from chemists. IMO, all these large organisations are on par with each other, headless monsters, too big to control.

Personally, I would rather see money spent on prevention, such as drug and alcohol abuse, then saved funds directed towards research in various other fields, cancer being to the fore.
    Alcohol,half on here if cremated would go up in a blue flash.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Traditionally (possibly changed) half your population didn't do cremation . Is it the case the other half don't partake ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Not just Ireland, Trev!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544
    the envy of the world !!! because itís free thatís all, if someone wants groundbreaking treatment they send the patients to america , if we werenít spending millions of the NHS budget paying of the interest on all the hospitals built by blair/brown on the never never perhaps we would get some better treatment here ,
    i took an injured junior player to our local casualty because he was junior he was sent through the childrenís section the girl going off shift said we are just on handover heíll be seen quickly and of she went , we were the only patients waiting and the nurse sitting at the desk in front of us spent twenty minutes phoning round trying to get assistance because she was on her own? i asked if we could go through to the main area and she said no she would deal with us after a further 5 mins she came over asked the problem & promptly sent us to wait for an x ray in a que with all the adults ,
    the visit took 3 hours only one other child in for treatment interaction from the nurse with both patients 30 mins max compared to 90 mins + spent on phone whinging that she was on her own , i know most nurses are angels jan was one for 40 years and constantly tells me so but itís not hard to see why they want to put buisiness managment in to run the places,

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information